[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

OK, I removed all Plex related plugins and rebooted.

I started the array

From a Putty console, I ran "mkdir /boot/extra"

I placed the "PlexMediaServer-0.9.11.5.774-760cb52-x64-UnRAID.txz" file in the "extra" directory.

I placed the "plexmediaserver.64bit.plg" in the config/plugins folder.

I changed into the boot/extra directory.

From the command line, I ran "installpkg PlexMediaServer-0.9.11.5.774-760cb52-x64-UnRAID.txz"

I stopped the array

I rebooted

Once the system came back up, I started the array

Went to the Settings page and saw that the Plex icon was now under Network Services

Entered the Plex add-on and configured it.

Plex is now up and running and streaming media.

I do have a subgroup called "PhAzE Plugins" but there isn't an icon under that area.

Ok, so the problem is that you're not really using my plugin you're using the old method of install from a txz file in the extras folder.  Here's what you need to do.

- Delete the entire extras folder.

- Delete everything from your packages folder (but leave the empty directory)

- Delete the 'plexmediaserver' folder under USB/config/plugins folder (leave the .plg file aka my plugin)

- Reboot.

- Go into my plugin and press install (don't use any txz files, my plugin will get that for you and handles the install itself.

- Enjoy life :)

What you were doing when using the extras folder was installing the version you downloaded form the plex website (which comes with a useless web gui interface).  Then you were trying to install my version while already having the downloaded txz version installed. My plugin doesn't work with that version because its not set up the same way.  I made my plugin to be a fully automated one stop plugin so you don't need to worry about downloading the files and placing them in folders and such.  Also, when plex releases an update, my plugin will have a big blue 'update' button so you can update with one click.

Let me know if that fixes the problem.  ;D

EDIT: When you delete the contents of the packages folder, plugins will re-download what they need to work, so it won't break anything, just an FYI.

Try deleting the txz file in case it was a bad download, then hit install again.

I removed the txz file from the "\config\plugins\" folder and rebooted.

I brought the array on-line and then went to the settings page then to the Plex plugin page.

I get the same error message when I press the Install button.

Side note:

I've never been able to get any farther than this with unRAID v6.0.  Using unRAID v5.0.5, I can get plex installed but I have to re-enter and re-share the media sever every time it gets rebooted.

The reason you had to re-enter everything after reboot was because you hadn't set the "library" directory/folder to somewhere persistent on your array. The default location is volatile and will be wiped on each reboot. Try something like "/mnt/cache/.appdata/plex" if you have a cache drive, and if now you can try "/mnt/disk1/.appdata/plex" and each reboot you database will be saved.

I'll check to see if it still includes ffmpeg, they may have removed that dependency now.

Cool. Thx.  Let me know.  :)

Confirmed that it does include ffmpeg, I installed on a fresh unraid install with no problems, and the videos played just fine also.  You will need to check the applications log files, I saw your post on the mediabrowser forum, and luke linked you to a 'how to' so you can find the logs.

Yes I saw his post before.  I'm gonna post the log when I get home later today.  Thx. :)

- Delete everything from your packages folder (but leave the empty directory)

- Go into my plugin and press install (don't use any txz files, my plugin will get that for you and handles the install itself.

OK, I don't have a packages folder.  Where exactly does that need to reside?  \flash\packages\ ?

OK, I thought I had only the plugin installed before.  I will try that again.  I'll double check my go file to make sure it has the correct paths too.  Yes, I'll be using my cache drive for all the library and metadata so it will stay put upon reboot.

Everything seems to be working 100% now.  Thanks, PhAzE for your help.  I think my problem was not having the packages directory.  I know I had tried to start with only your plugin and the edited go file before but I don't know what went wrong.  Anyway, once the PMS finished scraping everything, I'll pull the USB boot drive and back it up.  Again, thanks for your help.

Good day, Lord Phaze :)

Just wondering if you have a timeline for re-working your most excellent plugins for 6beta12?

Cheerio!

Just use his workaround! It's written down a couple of pages back, just copy and paste that code in your go file and alter it to accommodate your plugins. A lot easier than it might sound...

And then everything works like a charm again! Thanks PhAzE! :)

Reporting in: MediaBrowser plugin, the config data does not persist after shutdown and restart of the server. (unraid 6 beta 12)

/E

Where do you have "Config directory" set to?

Default, unchecked. I did not dare touching these as they were working before on Beta 10.

/E

That's why it's not saving your settings. You need to set it to a place on your array or cache drive. Usually under the /mnt folder. Ie: /mnt/disk1/appdata/mb3. Or /mnt/cache/.appdata/mb3

Ok, when I check the box i get the path:"/usr/local/mb3server/ProgramData-Server" by default, it was like that on the older beta and it worked.

I will try the way you explained and see, thanks!

/E

I am still having problems with the script to get the plugins to work. On the thumb drive there is the "go" file it has no extension so OS X tries to open it in terminal. Obviously wrong so I used text edit and copied the script with the edits in there and saved. Rebooted and nothing I didn't know if it's a Mac problem that it doesn't do something right or if I am failing to do something important.

Good day, Lord Phaze :)

Just wondering if you have a timeline for re-working your most excellent plugins for 6beta12?

Cheerio!

Just use his workaround! It's written down a couple of pages back, just copy and paste that code in your go file and alter it to accommodate your plugins. A lot easier than it might sound...

And then everything works like a charm again! Thanks PhAzE! :)

Thanks for this, I totally skipped over that (sorry).

Strange thing is the only ones that show up are plex and couchpotato.

SAB, Sickbeard, Maraschino and Transmission don't show, even though I followed the same directions for each.

I am really new to unraid and all the plugin stuff.  I have read so much I have a splitting headache.  However, I am installing SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato to my unraid server.  I am migrating everything over from a Windows 7 HTPC.  I have installed them all but when I am in the server gui and I click on SABnzbd under settings, it says Status Not Installed.  I have clicked on Install a number of times and it seems to install and I can access it via a web browser.  I can configure the settings, etc.  However it does not say Installed.  What is wrong?  Sickbeard and Couchpotato say Installed.

So, after looking at the new unraid beta 12, it seems if I update my plugins, all users under beta 12 will get broken plugins.  Also, since they are making changes on each beta release, it's getting hard to update them all constantly with the changes.  I will likely wait for the first release candidate before updating all 17 plugins for full compatibility. 

In the mean time, you can do the following to get any plugin working on beta 12 for now, You can set this in your GO script to automate it, but you need to add this for each plugin of mine you have that doesn't work on beta 12: (replace APPNAME with the name of the app plugin in lowercase)

cp -r /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/phaze.page /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix

echo "" >> /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/(APPNAME)/(APPNAME).page

echo "---" >> /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/(APPNAME)/(APPNAME).page

echo "" >> /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/(APPNAME)/(APPNAME).page

cat /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/(APPNAME)/(APPNAME).php >> /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/(APPNAME)/(APPNAME).page

rm -f /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/(APPNAME)/(APPNAME).php

sed -i 's!\r!!g' /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/(APPNAME)/(APPNAME).page

What this does is moves the page file out of the webGUI folder which no longer exists and into the dynamix folder which is now standard from unraid beta 12 and up.

It also copies the PHP page into the PAGE file since they no longer allow separate files.

Then it removes the PHP file since having it there will cause weirdness on the plugin page.

Then lastly, it clears out the ^M carrage file that windows left, which breaks the plugin from showing.

I'll have my version 2.0.0 plugins compatible with the RC / Final when it's closer to release but updating these plugins right now will make earlier beta users plugins inoperable.

Thanks PhAzE for your plugins.  Any change you can add your above message to OP, until you do your updates for UnRaid 6 RC?  It'd make for easier finding for new user's, like me and couple of friends that will start using them.

Cheers, and keep up the good work.