[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

And, you're actually backwards on the asleep at the wheel.  Yes, both the plugins and containers do the exact same thing.  But the big difference is that plugins are 100% tied to unRaid.  If PhAze suddenly drops dead, then any and all updates, etc will also go by the wayside.  On the otherhand, since Docker containers are not at all tied to unRaid (Needo's dockers can be run on any other Linux system), and there are numerous maintainers out there, the odds of updates to a Docker container ever being stopped are miniscule.

I'm not sure that's quite right either. Updates to the plug-in would clearly cease (assuming no one picks it up like PhAzE did to some of Influencer's work) but judging by the way Plex is implemented I think any updates to the plex package could would happen without PhAzE doing anything. In fact I know there have been far more updates to Plex then there have been to the Plex Plug-in.

Now to my actual question, I see there is an install location for the plex program listed in the settings page. By default I believe it is set to /usr/.../... (Can’t remember and can't look right now) /usr/ is a volatile directory that only exists in ram and is destroyed on shutdown and recreated on reboot correct?

Is there any benefit to moving the install location to a location like the cache drive, say /mnt/cache/Plex/? Would this cause performance gains / hits? I have an SSD drive if that changes anything. Also it seems that the meta data and preferences are stored under the directory assigned as the library so does this actually move anything or is this just the install file?

Seems like the Btsync download page got a redesign and it might be messing with the v2 plugin. The new appurl might have to be changed from getsync.com/download to getsync.com/platforms?

After running /etc/rc.d/rc.Btsync install I get:

Installing BitTorrent Sync...
Unable to get latest version from online, checking USB for any install file
Failed to download or locate BitTorrent Sync install file.  Aborting installation.

Running 5.0.6.

Thanks.

And, you're actually backwards on the asleep at the wheel.  Yes, both the plugins and containers do the exact same thing.  But the big difference is that plugins are 100% tied to unRaid.  If PhAze suddenly drops dead, then any and all updates, etc will also go by the wayside.  On the otherhand, since Docker containers are not at all tied to unRaid (Needo's dockers can be run on any other Linux system), and there are numerous maintainers out there, the odds of updates to a Docker container ever being stopped are miniscule.

I'm not sure that's quite right either. Updates to the plug-in would clearly cease (assuming no one picks it up like PhAzE did to some of Influencer's work) but judging by the way Plex is implemented I think any updates to the plex package could would happen without PhAzE doing anything. In fact I know there have been far more updates to Plex then there have been to the Plex Plug-in.

Now to my actual question, I see there is an install location for the plex program listed in the settings page. By default I believe it is set to /usr/.../... (Can’t remember and can't look right now) /usr/ is a volatile directory that only exists in ram and is destroyed on shutdown and recreated on reboot correct?

Is there any benefit to moving the install location to a location like the cache drive, say /mnt/cache/Plex/? Would this cause performance gains / hits? I have an SSD drive if that changes anything. Also it seems that the meta data and preferences are stored under the directory assigned as the library so does this actually move anything or is this just the install file?

You can leave the install directory in the volatile directory with no penalty. Having the app loaded in ram is likely faster since ram is faster than a HDD but the actual database is in the library directory which should be on a hdd, so that's where the speed hit comes from. Also the ram drive has a 2gb size limit, so to save on ram its probably good to move the install directory to the cache drive anyways if you find your low on RAM.

OK I'll have a look at btsync later on.

it's more than just a redesign. BTSync 2.0 has been released.

Not keeping up with it, but my understanding was the current 1.x is the free version while V2 is the pay models.  While I have the current version on my server, I have exactly one use case with it.  It made sharing a few files with a relative very easy. 

They've actually removed the downloads for 1.4 from what I can see, and yeah the 2.0 is a pay model now.  I can update the plugin URL so it downloads again, but I can't for the life of me find anywhere consistent on their website that states the current release version. That means I can't get my plugin to search when new versions are released.

Anyone interested in searching their site for a proper location where the version is stated, somewhere that is likely updated when they release new versions?

Having trouble with the Transmission plugin, when I try and start it as any other user than root I get "PID not created, application did not start for some reason" and my log shows this:

Mar 4 09:07:43 Media sudo: root : TTY=console ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /usr/local/PhAzE-Common/Transmission/startcfg.sh; nohup /usr/local/Transmission/usr/bin/transmission-daemon -p 8083 -g /mnt/disk1/apps/Transmission -T -x /var/run/Transmission/Transmission.pid > /dev/null 2>&1 &
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Transmission 2.82 (14156) started (session.c:738)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: RPC Server Adding address to whitelist: 127.0.0.1 (rpc-server.c:828)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: RPC Server Serving RPC and Web requests on port 127.0.0.1:8083/transmission/ (rpc-server.c:1035)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Couldn't bind port 51413 on 0.0.0.0: Address already in use (Is another copy of Transmission already running?) (net.c:371)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: UDP Couldn't bind IPv4 socket (tr-udp.c:263)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: DHT Generating new id (tr-dht.c:310)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Using settings from "/mnt/disk1/apps/Transmission" (daemon.c:526)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Saved "/mnt/disk1/apps/Transmission/settings.json" (variant.c:1217)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Unable to save pidfile "/var/run/Transmission/Transmission.pid": Permission denied (daemon.c:542)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (NAT-PMP) initnatpmp succeeded (0) (natpmp.c:73)
Mar 4 09:07:44 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (NAT-PMP) sendpublicaddressrequest succeeded (2) (natpmp.c:73)
Mar 4 09:07:46 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (UPnP) Found Internet Gateway Device "http://192.168.0.1:1900/ctl/IPConn" (upnp.c:202)
Mar 4 09:07:46 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (UPnP) Local Address is "192.168.0.99" (upnp.c:204)
Mar 4 09:07:46 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (UPnP) Port forwarding through "http://192.168.0.1:1900/ctl/IPConn", service "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1". (local address: 192.168.0.99:51413) (upnp.c:279)
Mar 4 09:07:46 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding (UPnP) Port forwarding successful! (upnp.c:282)
Mar 4 09:07:46 Media transmission-daemon[9222]: Port Forwarding State changed from "Not forwarded" to "Forwarded" (port-forwarding.c:95)
Mar 4 09:07:59 Media sudo: root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /usr/local/PhAzE-Common/Transmission/startcfg.sh; /usr/local/Transmission/usr/bin/transmission-daemon --version 2>&1
Mar 4 09:08:00 Media sudo: root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /usr/local/PhAzE-Common/Transmission/startcfg.sh; curl --version 2>&1

Anyone any ideas?

Looks like it's nota ble to bind to the port. Have you rebooted since this?  Also, see if you are able to run as root, just to see if it works then.

Wow, I didn't realize Btsync moved to a pay model. 10 top-level folder maximum for free edition? How annoying...

There is a forum post where they have links to 1.4: http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/33935-latest-desktop-build-14110/

and to 1.4 beta: http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/34316-latest-14-beta-desktop-build-14111/

I don't see a way to determine the current version from the Platforms page, since they don't appear to include the version numbers in their downloadable packages. Perhaps the best option is for the plugin to have a button in the unmenu gui to just manually wget the .tar from getsync.com/platforms/ and hope for the best? I will of course defer to the experts who might have a better idea.

*edit: not unmenu but unraid interface, slip of the old tongue

Cant you just use these links,  I would expect that they should always pull the latest version.  The problem is you don,t know what the that version is.  You could put a button on the plugin that the user pushes to download the latest file.  The plugin then downloads and installs it.  That way it is on the user to decide when to update.  For the initial install you would want to grab the latest and install.

As an alternative, create a sub-directory that the user downloads the appropriate version to.  Then the plugin garbs it if it exist, installs it and then moves it to the plugin folder.

https://download-cdn.getsyncapp.com/stable/linux-i386/BitTorrent-Sync_i386.tar.gz

https://download-cdn.getsyncapp.com/stable/linux-x64/BitTorrent-Sync_x64.tar.gz

Cant you just use these links,  I would expect that they should always pull the latest version.  The problem is you don,t know what the that version is.  You could put a button on the plugin that the user pushes to download the latest file.  The plugin then downloads and installs it.  That way it is on the user to decide when to update.  For the initial install you would want to grab the latest and install.

As an alternative, create a sub-directory that the user downloads the appropriate version to.  Then the plugin garbs it if it exist, installs it and then moves it to the plugin folder.

https://download-cdn.getsyncapp.com/stable/linux-i386/BitTorrent-Sync_i386.tar.gz

https://download-cdn.getsyncapp.com/stable/linux-x64/BitTorrent-Sync_x64.tar.gz

That's a good idea considering the app tells you when there is a newer version out anyway.

I am having trouble installing these plugins.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just upgraded to unraid 6 beta 14 and formatted my cache drive with btrfs.

Attempting to install sickbeared alt I get the following

/usr/local/sbin/plugin install https://github.com/PhAzE-Variance/unRAID/raw/master/Plugins/Sickbeard_alt.plg 2>&1

plugin: installing: https://github.com/PhAzE-Variance/unRAID/raw/master/Plugins/Sickbeard_alt.plg

plugin: downloading https://github.com/PhAzE-Variance/unRAID/raw/master/Plugins/Sickbeard_alt.plg

plugin: creating: /tmp/Sickbeard_alt-script - from INLINE content

plugin: running: /tmp/Sickbeard_alt-script

Cleaning up previous install files...

...Cleanup complete!

Downloading any missing plugin files...

Latest plugin control files downloading

Plugin control files have passed MD5 check

Latest plugin dependency files downloading

Plugin dependency files have passed MD5 check

...Downloading complete!

Running install script for Sick Beard Alt...

No default config file found. Creating

Plugin config file verified

Installing plugin control files

Installing plugin dependency files

tar: git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz: Wrote only 2560 of 10240 bytes

tar: libffi-3.0.13-x86_64-2.txz: Cannot write: No space left on device

tar: libidn-1.25-x86_64-2.txz: Cannot write: No space left on device

tar: python-2.7.5-x86_64-1.txz: Cannot write: No space left on device

tar: python-cheetah-2.4.4-x86_64-1alien.tgz: Cannot write: No space left on device

tar: sqlite-3.7.17-x86_64-1.txz: Cannot write: No space left on device

tar: zlib-1.2.8-x86_64-1.txz: Cannot write: No space left on device

tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

/sbin/upgradepkg: line 273: cannot create temp file for here-document: No space left on device

/sbin/upgradepkg: line 241: cannot create temp file for here-document: No space left on device

Verifying package git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz.

xz: (stdin): Unexpected end of input

Unable to install /tmp/Sickbeard_alt-inst/install-B/git-1.8.4-x86_64-1.txz: tar archive is corrupt (tar returned error code 2)

/sbin/upgradepkg: line 273: cannot create temp file for here-document: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /etc/rc.d/sedRvOYKP: No space left on device

sed: couldn't flush /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Sickbeard_alt/event/sedpVoJpQ: No space left on device

/tmp/Sickbeard_alt-script: /etc/rc.d/rc.Sickbeard_alt: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Cleaning up temp files/folders

...Install complete!

plugin: installed

df -h

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

tmpfs          128M  2.3M  126M  2% /var/log

/dev/sda1        30G  112M  30G  1% /boot

/dev/md1        2.8T  2.3T  450G  84% /mnt/disk1

/dev/md2        1.9T  1.7T  186G  91% /mnt/disk2

/dev/md3        1.9T  1.3T  573G  70% /mnt/disk3

/dev/sde1      932G  33M  930G  1% /mnt/cache

shfs            6.4T  5.2T  1.2T  82% /mnt/user0

shfs            7.3T  5.2T  2.1T  72% /mnt/user

df -i

Filesystem    Inodes IUsed  IFree IUse% Mounted on

tmpfs          224418  182 224236    1% /var/log

/dev/sda1          0    0      0    - /boot

/dev/md1            0    0      0    - /mnt/disk1

/dev/md2            0    0      0    - /mnt/disk2

/dev/md3            0    0      0    - /mnt/disk3

/dev/sde1          0    0      0    - /mnt/cache

shfs                0    0      0    - /mnt/user0

shfs                0    0      0    - /mnt/user

free -m

total      used      free    shared    buffers    cached

Mem:          1753      1000        753          0          9        851

-/+ buffers/cache:        138      1614

Swap:            0          0          0

Edit: This seems to be the source of the problem but I have no idea how to correct it.

df -h /tmp

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

-              833M  830M  3.4M 100% /

Edit2:

Almost all of the space is used up by /usr.  I am not sure if the answer is finding some way to increase the size of the rootfs (seems to be set in proc/mount) or moving /usr? I don't think the size of usr can be reduced it seems to contain all the libraries needed for these plugins. Again thx in advance.

Hi Phaze

I am unable to install btsync.  Downloaded the .plg, put in /config/plugins and did the install plg command.

now under 'settings' tab I see a "phaze plugins" section, and "bittorrentsync" is listed there.  I click on that, and it says 'not installed' - I click on the 'install' button and there is an error in the status bar below  "failed to download bittorrectsync install file. aborting installation"

any ideas?

thanks

chuga

I just tested the plugin on unraid 5.0.5 and it seemed to install and start fine. Can you confirm if you have a folder called "packages" on your USB? If not, create one then try again. I didn't realize that this folder doesn't exist on a fresh unraid install (possibly just with unraid 6 and 5.0.6).

Same problem here. Running unraid 5.0.5.

Install process quits with "Failed to download or locate BitTorrent Sync install file. Aborting installation."

There is a folder packages on my USB.

Is there a file called btsync-1.4.106-i386.tar.gz.  the 1.4.xxx could be different depending on when you updated.  Not sure if mine is the latest or not.

Uhm, nope. There is no tar.gz as the download failed. I tried to download manually from your post here and put it to /boot/packages. Rebooted but no effect.

I am sorry if I ramble, but any ideas would be appreciated.  I recently needed to update Plex Home Server (not using Phaze's plugin) and updated unraid from 5.0 to 5.0.5 at the same time.  From this point on BTsync has slowed to around 400Kb/s, where I used to get a minimum of 2.5Mb/s.  I had been using overburns plugin, and upgraded to Phaze's BTsync plugin, which is not installing BTsync right now, but I downloaded ver 1.4.110 and got it back up and running but my download speeds are still horrible.  My first thought is always ad hoc ergo propter hoc, but after 48 hours of painfully slow transfer speeds, I installed BTsync on a windows desktop and instantly was getting 3 Mb/s from the remote server to my desktop.  Has anyone else had this problem.  I have tried all of the BTsync troubleshooting steps (port forwarding, predefined host, etc.)  I really don't want to have an always on Windows PC just to download files at reasonable speeds, so once again any ideas would be appreciated.  I have searched these boards to no avail  :'(

Extract and put these two files in the following directory and try to restart BTsync.  It is to large to upload here.  A whopping 3 meg.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FJEotSXLrxcDV6QTBpWnFEeVU/view?usp=sharing

\\TOWER\flash\config\plugins\Btsync

Did so, no changes.

Am I doing something completely wrong? I dropped the Phaze-plugin into /Tower/flash/config/plugins/Btsync.plg (or boot/config/plugins/Btsync.plg via telnet)

After a restart there is a (second) section Phaze-Plugins in settings. I have the Plex plugin installed as well but no idea why there are two sections now. Bygones!

2015-03-06_09-04-38.png

It shows up with Status: not installed. Pushing download button fails to download.

I dropped the *tar.bz file manually to the folder you said but that makes no difference.

Folder looks like this now:

2015-03-06_08-57-34.png

Am I missing something?

Phaze. I'm getting this in mylar when I try to search.

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/mnt/cache/applications/mylar/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond

response.body = self.handler()

File "/mnt/cache/applications/mylar/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__

self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)

File "/mnt/cache/applications/mylar/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__

return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)

File "/mnt/cache/applications/mylar/mylar/webserve.py", line 200, in searchit

searchresults, explicit = mb.findComic(name, mode, issue=None, explicit=explicit)

File "/mnt/cache/applications/mylar/mylar/mb.py", line 111, in findComic

searched = pullsearch(comicapi,comicquery,0,explicit,type)

File "/mnt/cache/applications/mylar/mylar/mb.py", line 51, in pullsearch

file = urllib2.urlopen(PULLURL)

File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen

return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)

File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 404, in open

response = self._open(req, data)

File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 422, in _open

'_open', req)

File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain

result = func(*args)

File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1214, in http_open

return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)

File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1187, in do_open

r = h.getresponse(buffering=True)

File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1045, in getresponse

response.begin()

File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 409, in begin

version, status, reason = self._read_status()

File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 365, in _read_status

line = self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1)

File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 476, in readline

data = self._sock.recv(self._rbufsize)

error: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

I am unable to install the PMS plugin on 5.0.6:

root@hip:/boot/config/plugins# installplg /boot/config/plugins/Plexmediaserver.plg
installing plugin: Plexmediaserver
file /tmp/Plexmediaserver-script: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  /bin/bash /tmp/Plexmediaserver-script ...
Cleaning up previous install files...
         Found correct version of plugin control files. Ignoring
...Cleanup complete!
Downloading any missing plugin files...
...Downloading complete!
Running install script for Plex Media Server...
         Plugin config file verified
         Installing plugin control files
Updating export file
No application config file was located or created.
         Cleaning up temp files/folders
...Install complete!
success
file :
Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 29
unable to create directory
root@hip:/boot/config/plugins#

@ petjek

Am I missing something?

Are you running unRaid 5.0.6.  That screenshot does not look like mine.  I am running the stock gui.  The version I gave put up was the 32bit version.  I was hoping that if you dropped it and the md5 in the BTSync folder, it would then install it.

Also you don't drop at the plugins level, you should have a sub directory in plugins called Btsync, drop it in there.

\\TOWER\flash\config\plugins\Btsync\