[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Phaze, you ever think about getting into dockers and phasing out plugins? You really are good at what you have been doing and it seems the docker community still lacks some vision as far as config options, auto updates / checking for updates, ssl, etc. First docker I tried I see 2 different repositories, one repository still referencing nzbdrone the other sonarr. Nzbdrone one had predetermined configs that cannot be removed until you start the docker atleast once and then when you do remove them they still seem to show up in sonarr settings... then the other one has different configs including ssl but ssl of course does not work. One lets you do updates by restarting the docker the other you have to wait for developer. I am tempted to just stick with plugins still..Just seems like a mess still with developers. Dockers seem to be the way things are heading with plugins remaining for core module addins.

Installing Sync plugin it says completed successfully, followed by the warning below. Anything to fix?

...Install complete!
success
file :
Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 29
unable to create directory

Phaze, you ever think about getting into dockers and phasing out plugins? You really are good at what you have been doing and it seems the docker community still lacks some vision as far as config options, auto updates / checking for updates, ssl, etc. First docker I tried I see 2 different repositories, one repository still referencing nzbdrone the other sonarr. Nzbdrone one had predetermined configs that cannot be removed until you start the docker atleast once and then when you do remove them they still seem to show up in sonarr settings... then the other one has different configs including ssl but ssl of course does not work. One lets you do updates by restarting the docker the other you have to wait for developer. I am tempted to just stick with plugins still..Just seems like a mess still with developers. Dockers seem to be the way things are heading with plugins remaining for core module addins.

I've still not tried docker but I was under the assumption that there are lots of devs with many of the apps already setup out there with working dockers. Does a docker app need to be setup specifically for unraid or are they universal fire any linux?

Any linux. Basically the docker is a small linux os, developers use different linux flavors. Most use some standard small one, I see one using Arch. I started using binhex (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37958.0) but he wont be supporting auto updates of the programs so have to rely on him to update which is not too bad for sonarr and sabnzbd but for plex I am going to use Needo one since atleast you can just turn off the docker and on to get the latest update. The dockers are really nice just very confusing for beginners to it because all the default ones have mappings for /config and say /data or /tv  but that never matches up with the current plugin settings. I added a /mnt to /mnt and then most everything works right away but you would think developers would do this as I had to read forums to find that. Obviously people still need plugins until unraid 6 (cept the beta testers) but I can see the docker be the way to head atleast then a kernel crash by plex does not bring down the whole OS. I had this happened yesterday due to Plex preferences file. It was causing all my plugins to stop and finally found a forum post about deleting that and letting plex recreate it and then everything worked well.

I've still not tried docker but I was under the assumption that there are lots of devs with many of the apps already setup out there with working dockers. Does a docker app need to be setup specifically for unraid or are they universal fire any linux?

I can confirm the plugin works with Sync 2.0.

Warning can be ignored. It's trying to run an unraid 6 uninstall script that needs to be there for unraid 6 but I haven't figured it how to make unraid 5 ignore it so I just let it fail on purpose.

Thank you!

The only thing specific to unRaid is an XML file which basically just sets up default configuration values / folders for the container. 

Any container on the docker hub will run on unRaid.  They just need to be added in advanced mode where the user can fill out all of the relevant information (basically create their own template).

And the reverse is also true.  Any docker created for unRaid can also run on any other linux system - it will just ignore the xml file.

The big / huge plus is that docker containers are base OS agnostic.  If LT (for instance) changes the kernel version, the container will still work the exact same way as it did before.  No changes are required.

Hi guys... me again  ;D

I'm struggling with daemon.

running Unraid v6 and Flexget v1.2.292, I have set the config dir to "/mnt/disk/Cache/applications/FlexGet/config"

But it seems even though daemons is running, it doesn't load the config file, and nothing happens.

If I stop, and start daemon again, using "  /usr/bin/flexget -c /mnt/disk/Cache/applications/FlexGet/config/config.yml daemon reload -d " then it works correctly.

Need some help please.

Thanks,

PicGrabber

I've been using the unPlugged plugin for Sab for a while.

Can I just upgrade by removing my unplugged PLG and putting yours in the same directory?

Or, if I have the unPlugged Sab already installed, can I just copy the source Sab files from Git into my existing Sab install dir?

I have set the config dir to "/mnt/disk/Cache/applications/FlexGet/config"

But it seems even though daemons is running, it doesn't load the config file, and nothing happens.

If I stop, and start daemon again, using "  /usr/bin/flexget -c /mnt/disk/Cache/applications/FlexGet/config/config.yml daemon reload -d " then it works correctly.

Looks like you're using a SNAP destination for your app data?  (/mnt/disk/....)  Is it possible this is because the plugin is starting before SNAP has mounted the drive?  I'd use your normal cache drive (eg. /mnt/cache/appdata or similar, set to cache only) and see if it works fine there.  If so, it's not the plugin, and therefore not an issue for PhAzE.

Hi, I have just decided to install Transmission again and I found a fantastic V2 solution! But when I try to start it, it says:

"Your config directory is not persistent and WILL NOT survive a reboot. Please locate the directory on disk for persistency"

Is that normal? I read on the first post of this thread: "Also note that settings changed from the client app while the daemon is running will not save to the settings file until transmission-daemon is terminated. This is of course normal operation for this program so those that have used it before should be aware of this."

Should I create a local folder to store the settings there? Can it be saved on the USB itself or should I do it on a disk?

You need to set your config directory to a peristant drive, ie /mnt/user/apps or /mint/cache/apps and not usr/local. Do you have disks and a cache or just disks?

Hi! I just have disks

Ok, then save it to a share if you have a designated app share, ie /mnt/user/apps/transmission/config or you can simply save it to a specific disk, ie /mnt/disk1/transmission/

Oh, that sounds nice. If I can ask a final couple questions about it:

- creating an "apps" share should be better, isn't it? I mean it could be more "failure resistant" than using a specific disk. Is that right?

- that share don't need to be visible, right? So I could keep that share hidden to avoid clutter and undesired deletions ;)

I created an apps share as I wanted to keep everything in one place. I suppose it depends on how many plugins you intend to use. It's actually either you specifying a location or the server...it has to go some where of course.

If however you are using multiple plugins and multiple disks, you may want them all on the same disk, so that your other disks can spin down.

Yes, you can hide the share to keep it tidy

Thank you very much! Working perfectly now! I just created the SMB share called Apps and sent there the config path. For now it copied inside a single drive, because I'm only using one plugin, but if I add more, I think maybe I can say that share to use only one drive to avoid activating several drives at once. Thanks for that tip!

I hope one day all these advanced plugins are created as dockers, but if someday unRAID wants to go mainstream, to 'normal users', things need to be simplified A LOT. Right now, plugins need some tweaks just to start, and as I'm reading here, dockers need much more understanding and tweaking, it's not just "click and go", and that's a big step to get more user base in my humble opinion.

Well actually all the plugins I made can be installed and started immediately, but you will lose your config aftet a reboot due to the nature of unraid. The only thing that needs configuring is the config directory to point to a static location that isn't wiped on reboot. That location is different for each user since not everyone uses a cache drive or has the same share names. That's why it's set to a default location to begin with and an alert showing it needs to be set still.

Hi, I have just decided to install Transmission again and I found a fantastic V2 solution! But when I try to start it, it says:

"Your config directory is not persistent and WILL NOT survive a reboot. Please locate the directory on disk for persistency"

Is that normal? I read on the first post of this thread: "Also note that settings changed from the client app while the daemon is running will not save to the settings file until transmission-daemon is terminated. This is of course normal operation for this program so those that have used it before should be aware of this."

Should I create a local folder to store the settings there? Can it be saved on the USB itself or should I do it on a disk?

You need to set your config directory to a peristant drive, ie /mnt/user/apps or /mint/cache/apps and not usr/local. Do you have disks and a cache or just disks?

Hi! I just have disks

Ok, then save it to a share if you have a designated app share, ie /mnt/user/apps/transmission/config or you can simply save it to a specific disk, ie /mnt/disk1/transmission/

Oh, that sounds nice. If I can ask a final couple questions about it:

- creating an "apps" share should be better, isn't it? I mean it could be more "failure resistant" than using a specific disk. Is that right?

- that share don't need to be visible, right? So I could keep that share hidden to avoid clutter and undesired deletions ;)

I created an apps share as I wanted to keep everything in one place. I suppose it depends on how many plugins you intend to use. It's actually either you specifying a location or the server...it has to go some where of course.

If however you are using multiple plugins and multiple disks, you may want them all on the same disk, so that your other disks can spin down.

Yes, you can hide the share to keep it tidy

Thank you very much! Working perfectly now! I just created the SMB share called Apps and sent there the config path. For now it copied inside a single drive, because I'm only using one plugin, but if I add more, I think maybe I can say that share to use only one drive to avoid activating several drives at once. Thanks for that tip!

I hope one day all these advanced plugins are created as dockers, but if someday unRAID wants to go mainstream, to 'normal users', things need to be simplified A LOT. Right now, plugins need some tweaks just to start, and as I'm reading here, dockers need much more understanding and tweaking, it's not just "click and go", and that's a big step to get more user base in my humble opinion.

No problem at all, that's what the community is for :)

i see it from both sides and having completely non-technical friends and family, i can see how unRAID would be too daunting outside of just using it as a simple NAS. PhAzE has picked up the plugin baton when others became despondent with the history and direction of unRAID and left. What he's managed to achieve is nothing short of breathtaking and we should all be very thankful. (click donate) 

We went through a particularly bad patch over the last year but version 6 seems to be turning a new chapter, so maybe when we get to version 7/8 there will be a "normal user' mode that community contributors like PhAzE can work with, but until then we are confined to the framework set out by the current operation system.

Hi Phaze,

Mediabrowser just updated and now it doesn't start. I'll paste the relevant log portion below. Thanks!

PS: Would you prefer this posted on github instead next time?

2015-03-22 10:16:12.1799 Error - Main: UnhandledException

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.0.5557.0

Command line: /usr/lib/mono/4.5/mono-service.exe -d:/usr/local/Mbserver -l:/var/run/Mbserver/Mbserver.pid /usr/local/Mbserver/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /mnt/cache/appdata/mbserver

Operating system: Unix 3.18.5.0

Processor count: 4

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

Program data path: /mnt/cache/appdata/mbserver

Mono: 3.8.0 (tarball Sun Sep 28 11:03:43 EDT 2014)

Application Path: /usr/local/Mbserver/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

libMagickWand-6.Q8.so

System.DllNotFoundException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) ImageMagickSharp.PixelWandInterop:ClearPixelWand (intptr)

at ImageMagickSharp.PixelWand.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ImageMagickSharp.PixelWand.Dispose () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ImageMagickSharp.PixelWand.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

libMagickWand-6.Q8.so

System.DllNotFoundException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) ImageMagickSharp.PixelWandInterop:ClearPixelWand (intptr)

at ImageMagickSharp.PixelWand.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ImageMagickSharp.PixelWand.Dispose () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ImageMagickSharp.PixelWand.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

No, I am on their Dev list, I'm aware of the changes they made but didn't know it was coming it today. They removed gdiplus dependency and made imagemagick the new one, which means a big change on the plugin. I started work on updating it already but it might be a few days still.

Installed (i think properly) media Browser plugin...but I am really having problems finding any info on how to setup anything else with it....meaning;

I have it installed, but have no idea how to point it to my media (already exists on server in numerous smb shares)

I have it running right (per unraid gui) but no way of knowing how to install apps for it since there is no way for me to access anything other than the settings menu in the unraid gui.

Are there any directions for using this yet?

I also have not enabled Docker yet since I haven't read up on it. in case that is something I will need

Thank you

(I did turn off the auto update until I have an idea of what I am doing...lol)