[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

PhAzE,

things look bleak here. The server seems to be starting ("...start ok" flashes at the bottom of the screen), but it's not connecting  to the server. The browser just times out. On occasion (3 out of fifty attempts?), the status bar indicates "Running", but when I click to open the browser gui, it again, times out. The status bar reverts back to "Stoped", and I'm back to where I started.

Start by clicking the manual update button. That does because you have disabled the check for update on page load. After you couch that it may have a new blue button.

I'm not quite sure what info you want here, but the button has remained the same in all aspects.

I'm about ready to downgrade to the last stable version, although when I inquired about this on the emby forums, I got the impression is was no longer available. So, I don't know. Do you have any more ideas before I give up on this?

Try this:

Change beta to "no"

Turn check for updates on page load to "yes"

Change the port to 9999

And change the install directory to /mnt/cache/Embyserver

Then hit apply and see if it works. That will reinstall the app since you are changing the install directory and often changing the port will help as I've seen before where some apps will crash worth no error loud when the port can't be bound to the IP.

Doesn't need to be changed as long as it isn't the same as it currently is

Pardon me for being so dense, but are you saying install in a new directory called  Embyserver or change the name of the current . I think you might be on to something and I don't want to screw it up.lol

Thanks

I am looking at your Serviio plugin .  I have a couple of questions

the way you have the plugin downloads set up - does it get the latest versions of applicable files - like the latest version of serviio itself .

can you arrange it to install on a cache drive and whre would changes need to be made to achieve that ?

thanks for your time 

Yes it gets the latest version, in the plugin settings page you can set the config directory.

No web GUI is included so you'll need to connect/configure or from a remote PC using the windows serviio remote connect.  Unfortunately the GUI was no longer maintained and the alternate GUI requires full blown apache and a bunch of configurations to work.

PhAzE,

Success! Ypur last set of suggestions did the trick and I am sending another donation your way. Thank you very much.

Do you think the problem  was just the port number, or conflicting data in an prior install folder?

There was one surprise for me, however. I expected the install to occur in the same, renamed installation folders. My surprise was that a new set of directories were created having the same names as the originals, (ie. /mnt/cache/mediabrowser)

This creates a problem in that all of my metadata is stored in the original install directories The question now is how to get the metadata into the newly created install directories. A copy paste action comes to mind, but some of the sub folders appear to contain data unique to a particular install which would suggest a selective transfer of folders.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks

Yes it gets the latest version, in the plugin settings page you can set the config directory.

No web GUI is included so you'll need to connect/configure or from a remote PC using the windows serviio remote connect.  Unfortunately the GUI was no longer maintained and the alternate GUI requires full blown apache and a bunch of configurations to work.

So the plug in cannot be configured say 192.168.1.253:8096

You have to use serviio remote connect?

PhAzE,

Success! Ypur last set of suggestions did the trick and I am sending another donation your way. Thank you very much.

Do you think the problem  was just the port number, or conflicting data in an prior install folder?

There was one surprise for me, however. I expected the install to occur in the same, renamed installation folders. My surprise was that a new set of directories were created having the same names as the originals, (ie. /mnt/cache/mediabrowser)

This creates a problem in that all of my metadata is stored in the original install directories The question now is how to get the metadata into the newly created install directories. A copy paste action comes to mind, but some of the sub folders appear to contain data unique to a particular install which would suggest a selective transfer of folders.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks

You mean because you want to rename the config folder so it is similar to the install directory folder?

It was likely the port but I guess we will never know 100% for sure.

That's correct because the 3rd party web interface is no longer updated by the developer. There is an alternative web interface but it requires apache which is a bit cumbersome to setup with a plugin.

That's correct because the 3rd party web interface is no longer updated by the developer. There is an alternative web interface but it requires apache which is a bit cumbersome to setup with a plugin.

ok tried using remote connect - for library I assume I use path rather than local to add folder to the library .

also when I tick library to change location ( using /mnt/cache/apps/serviio/library ) click cdone - when the screen returns the tick has been taken out of the library box. is it using the location specified ? or reverting to default?