[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Apologies in advance as I am sure this clueless noob question is answered somewhere but I am unable to find it.

I would like to delete my PMS Updater (1.9.4) plugin and replace it with PHAZE's plugin so I can update PMS to 0.9.12 but I don't want to screw this up. I have not performed a manual update in over a year and am concerned I may have forgotten something. My recollection is that I have 2 options.

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# ls
plexmediaserver/  plexupdater/  plexupdater.plg*  plexupdater.plg.old*  webGui/
root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# cd plexupdater
root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/plexupdater# ls
cookies.txt*  plexupdater.png*  plgver.txt*  settings.ini*
root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/plexupdater# 

Manual Installation

1.  Plug the unRAID USB into my computer and navigate to 'Plugins'.

2. Delete folder 'plexupdater' and delete files plexupdater.plg and plexupdater.plg.old.

3. Move PHAZE updater file 'plexmediaserver' into folder 'plugins' and reboot computer.

Install from terminal.

1. Help. I no longer have a clue how to do this.

thanks in advance.

Apologies in advance as I am sure this clueless noob question is answered somewhere but I am unable to find it.

I would like to delete my PMS Updater (1.9.4) plugin and replace it with PHAZE's plugin so I can update PMS to 0.9.12 but I don't want to screw this up. I have not performed a manual update in over a year and am concerned I may have forgotten something. My recollection is that I have 2 options.

plexmediaserver/  plexupdater/  plexupdater.plg*  plexupdater.plg.old*  webGui/
root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# cd plexupdater
root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/plexupdater# ls
cookies.txt*  plexupdater.png*  plgver.txt*  settings.ini*
root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/plexupdater# 

Manual Installation

1.  Plug the unRAID USB into my computer and navigate to 'Plugins'.

2. Delete folder 'plexupdater' and delete files plexupdater.plg and plexupdater.plg.old.

3. Move PHAZE updater file 'plexmediaserver' into folder 'plugins' and reboot computer.

Install from terminal.

1. Help. I no longer have a clue how to do this.

thanks in advance.

Do you have console access to your sever via putty or something?  You can do the following:

1. delete the old plugin files. (delete the .plg and .plg.old as well as the plexupdater folder all located in the /boot/config/plugins folder)

2. put my .plg file in the /boot/config/plugins folder

3. make sure you don't have anything PLEX related in the /boot/extras folder or /boot/packages folder, if you do, delete them

4. reboot, after reboot you will see my plugin installed and should not have plex installed yet.

5. go to the plugin setup page and set your install directory (if you want) and the config directory (in the old plugin it was called library directory i think)

6. do not start it yet!!  You need to go into your old config (library) folder and make a small change, we don't want the "Application Support" folder anymore but we want the contents of that folder still:

mv /your/library/path/Application\ Support/* /your/library/path/

That will move the contents out into your library path

7. Start it up and make sure its all good.  Breath a sigh of relief and no longer worry about troubles with updating, all done with one button press now. :)

thanks for the reply.

1. delete the old plugin files. (delete the .plg and .plg.old as well as the plexupdater folder all located in the /boot/config/plugins folder)
2. put my .plg file in the /boot/config/plugins folder
3. make sure you don't have anything PLEX related in the /boot/extras folder or /boot/packages folder, if you do, delete them
4. reboot, after reboot you will see my plugin installed and should not have plex installed yet.

I did the install but am a bit confused at this point.

I am here:

root@Tower:/boot/config# ls
Pro.key*   go*         network.cfg*  plugins/  share.cfg*  super.dat*
disk.cfg*  ident.cfg*  passwd*       shadow*   shares/     super.old*
root@Tower:/boot/config# cd plugins
images/          kjgplexupdater.plg*      plexmediaserver/      plexupdater/
kjgplexupdater/  kjgplexupdater.plg.old*  plexmediaserver.plg*  webGui/
root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# pwd
/boot/config/plugins
root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# 

And my server is showing:

Untitled

https://www.evernote.com/l/ACfjz6pXBe5DtqIShNAbHAWHENk9KK_r4so

I need a bit more guidance here.

5. go to the plugin setup page and set your install directory (if you want) and the config directory (in the old plugin it was called library directory i think)

Where is this supposed to be (I renamed the old plexupdater with  the kjg prefix to avoid deleting them)? I am confused that you are referencing the library directory in the old plugin since that folder was to be deleted.

kjgplexupdater/      kjgplexupdater.plg.old*  webGui/
kjgplexupdater.plg*  plexmediaserver/

If I follow the default path for 'Install Directory'

root@Tower:/boot/config# cd /usr/local/plexmediaserver
root@Tower:/usr/local/plexmediaserver# ls
config/
root@Tower:/usr/local/plexmediaserver# cd config
root@Tower:/usr/local/plexmediaserver/config# ls
Plex\ Media\ Server/
root@Tower:/usr/local/plexmediaserver/config# 

If I follow the path for 'Config/Library Directory'

root@Tower:/boot# cd /usr/local/plexmediaserver/config
root@Tower:/usr/local/plexmediaserver/config# ls
Plex\ Media\ Server/
root@Tower:/usr/local/plexmediaserver/config# 

6. do not start it yet!!  You need to go into your old ['old' or 'the'?] config (library) folder [where is this supposed to be?] and make a small change, we don't want the "Application Support" folder anymore but we want the contents of that folder still:

mv /your/library/path/Application\ Support/* /your/library/path/

That will move the contents out into your library path

My Config Folder (I am not certain this is what you are referring to)

root@Tower:/boot/config# ls
Pro.key*   go*         network.cfg*  plugins/  share.cfg*  super.dat*
disk.cfg*  ident.cfg*  passwd*       shadow*   shares/     super.old*

I am rocks for brains certainly. I am missing something.

If you recall on your old plugin, you had to set a directory for the library. Usually it's on the cache drive. That's the directory you need to locate, it's where Plex saved is images and databases and log files.

All those files are under a folder called "application support" but my plugin does away with that folder and the contents of it are moved to your library path instead of being in a redundant sub folder.  Let me know if that makes more sense or of you're still stuck

Okay. I found the library path (/mnt/cache/Plex) and redid everything.

The code moving the contents of the Application Support folder apparently executed correctly because I confirmed the folder was empty before deleting it.

I am having 2 problems.

1. Status is 'Not Installed' and stays that way. Clicking 'Install' refreshes back to unRAID's 'Settings' page.

2. Although I have entered the path into the Config Directory space and selected 'Done'  & 'Apply' it insists on reverting back to the default /usr/local/plexmediaserver/config.

3. I am leaving 'Enable Plex Media Server' to 'No'

Question: Was I supposed to delete the old 'Plexmediaserver' from the boot/config/plugins folder? You didn't mention it so I left it in place.

images/  plexmediaserver/  plexmediaserver.plg*  webGui/
root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# 

thanks

1. Status is 'Not Installed' and stays that way. Clicking 'Install' refreshes back to unRAID's 'Settings' page.

2. Although I have entered the path into the Config Directory space and selected 'Done'  & 'Apply' it insists on reverting back to the default /usr/local/plexmediaserver/config.

3. I am leaving 'Enable Plex Media Server' to 'No

Status is 'Not Installed' and stays that way.

It attempts to run a script but it flashes by too quickly for me to read it.

Well you can delete the Plexmediaserver folder to start fresh, reboot, then fill in just the config directory and set enable to yes then hit apply. It should download the latest version and install it. The settings not staying sounds like the config file is write protected somehow so deleting that folder and rebooting week force it to make a new one.

That seems to have helped a tiny bit. I can now get a quick glimpse of the executing script and I can see it is trying to download PMS. Is there a problem with the default/usr/local/plexmediaserver in the 'Install Directory'? That folder is empty.

root@Tower:/usr/local# ls
bin/  emhttp/  etc/  lib/  plexmediaserver/  sbin/
root@Tower:/usr/local# cd plexmediaserver
root@Tower:/usr/local/plexmediaserver# ls
root@Tower:/usr/local/plexmediaserver# ls -al
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody users 0 2015-05-02 16:34 ./
drwxr-xr-x 8 root   root  0 2015-05-02 16:34 ../

Does the installation go into that folder or is the plugin looking for something in that folder.

OK, that's a really old plugin lol. Go to the first page of this thread and download the newer v2 plugin for Plex, replace the .plg file with the new one and reboot (make site to delete the file in your extras folder, that will conflict). It should install OK after that.

Did an update check for my plugins but it didn't find anything.  Logged into plex.tv and launched the web console for Plex which notified me there was an update.  Clicking the link gave me a download.  Gave my server a reboot, and now Plex seems to have been updated, but I can't get into the settings for the plugin anymore.  Webpage keeps trying to load but I get just the menu, and the "Plex Media Server" grey divider bar.

Functionality hasn't been impeded, but can't get into the plugin settings.  No rush, and Thank You!

I had a quick look this morning, and everything appears to work ok still. My server is up to date with the latest version, from the settings page I believe.  Anyone else not seeing the latest update?  Are you seeing the update button but it just doesn't download?

As for the settings page not working, that's very strange. I would recommend rebooting the server to see if that resolves it first.

Did an update check for my plugins but it didn't find anything.  Logged into plex.tv and launched the web console for Plex which notified me there was an update.  Clicking the link gave me a download.  Gave my server a reboot, and now Plex seems to have been updated, but I can't get into the settings for the plugin anymore.  Webpage keeps trying to load but I get just the menu, and the "Plex Media Server" grey divider bar.

Functionality hasn't been impeded, but can't get into the plugin settings.  No rush, and Thank You!

The v1 plugins don't yet update to the V2 plugins until unraid 6 goes final, so you need to do the update by replacing the .plg file with the one on the first page of this thread.  The v2 plugins are universal for unraid 5 and 6, so in the future if you ever update to unraid 6 it will be a breeze.