[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Just wondering, are there any automated downloader for anime?

Also for plex, this link works for me to grab the latest I think: https://plex.tv/downloads/latest/1?channel=8&build=linux-ubuntu-x86_64&distro=unraid&X-Plex-Token=mytokenhere (actually it works without token, but not sure about plexpass yet since it's currently open to all)

they did mention this:

As such, our efforts are focused not only on bringing exciting new functionality to life, but also on enhancing stability as we move forward. For this reason, it’s official: we are cleaning out our download archives of all versions of Plex Media Server prior to 1.0 and reallocating our development resources, maintenance, and support to 1.0 and future versions. Be sure to read the blog for the full story.

Is it possible to resolve the download link above and extract the version number from the filename or the folder name?

Like https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server/1.0.0.2261-a17e99e/PlexMediaServer-1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-x64-UnRAID.txz, we can know from path/filename that it is 1.0.0.2261-a17e99e version

Then we can compare it against our existing installed version to see if an update is needed. If what I'm thinking is wrong please ignore this  :-[

Is it possible to resolve the download link above and extract the version number from the filename or the folder name?

Like https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server/1.0.0.2261-a17e99e/PlexMediaServer-1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-x64-UnRAID.txz, we can know from path/filename that it is 1.0.0.2261-a17e99e version

Then we can compare it against our existing installed version to see if an update is needed. If what I'm thinking is wrong please ignore this  :-[

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think PhAzE is more looking for a list of files in a directory that will automatically find the newest update and check it against the current one installed. What you're suggesting is more of a manual thing having to input those numbers.

Yes I have a way to find the download link and latest version now. They still don't compile a 32 bit version so Unraid 5 users aren't going to get updates until I can find an alternative for them.

My current blocker now is signing in for Plex pass versions... they also changed how the website signs in so it might take some time before I get that working, then I'll release an update.

There's a problem with Sabnzbd, it's trying to download from https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/releases/download/1.1.0Beta1/SABnzbd-1.1.0Beta1-src.tar.gz, but the link is actually https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/releases/download/1.1.0Beta1/SABnzbd-1.1.0Beta1a-src.tar.gz (with an "a" for Beta1a).. would it be possible for us to manually download and then install via the Install button? I tried downloading the file into the folder but it doesn't seems to recognise it and says

2016-06-25 22:13:45 [iNFO] No copy found on USB - Downloading install file and checking for MD5 file

2016-06-25 22:13:46 [iNFO] No MD5 file located - Attempting decompression integrity test

2016-06-25 22:13:46 [ERROR] Install failed: Failed integrity test

At the moment is not possible until they make changes to their site. I am going to update the plugin soon for Unraid 6 users. There is no Unraid 5 releases any more from Plex, and they've eliminated all of the previous versions prior to 1.0.

@Phaze

In the interim until the plex site is updated is there a manual way we can put in the PMS 1.0 release (download from plex.tv) so it installs correctly via the plugin?

Or alternatively a command that we can run from the terminal to get this running with the plugin settings?

I see in the plugin script there is startcfg.sh which is indicated as the launch point for starting and stopping with.

Thanks for all your amazing work.

Hi All

For those of us still wanting to use Phaze's great PMS plugin here is the workaround to install and use PMS 1.0 with it.

1) download the PMS 1.0 UNRAID file from the Plext.tv downloads page

2) rename the file so it adheres to how Phaze has named the downloads

like this -> Plexmediaserver-PhAzE-1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-x64.txz

3) copy the renamed file into /boot/config/plugins/Plexmediaserver

4) backup and remove the previous PMS .txz files as if this doesnt work you will have to scour the interwebs like I did ;(

5) reload the plugin in your browser.  If that fails to show the new version uninstall and reinstall the plugin (you may have to reenter your config) or restart your server.

6) on the Settings -> plex media server you dhould be presented with an install button.  Click it and enjoy PMS 1.0

NOTE this is only a control workaround only and updates and plex pass creds etc will still not work until Phaze has updated the plugin intself.

HTH

and Thanks to Phaze for his immense contributions to making our lives that much cooler!

Hi All

For those of us still wanting to use Phaze's great PMS plugin here is the workaround to install and use PMS 1.0 with it.

1) download the PMS 1.0 UNRAID file from the Plext.tv downloads page

2) rename the file so it adheres to how Phaze has named the downloads

like this -> Plexmediaserver-PhAzE-1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-x64.txz

3) copy the renamed file into /boot/config/plugins/Plexmediaserver

4) backup and remove the previous PMS .txz files as if this doesnt work you will have to scour the interwebs like I did ;(

5) reload the plugin in your browser.  If that fails to show the new version uninstall and reinstall the plugin (you may have to reenter your config) or restart your server.

6) on the Settings -> plex media server you dhould be presented with an install button.  Click it and enjoy PMS 1.0

NOTE this is only a control workaround only and updates and plex pass creds etc will still not work until Phaze has updated the plugin intself.

HTH

and Thanks to Phaze for his immense contributions to making our lives that much cooler!

just installed v6 and tried to install phazes server plugin for the first time ever. got a missing file error, presumably it's related to this issue and your method above will fix it?

just installed v6 and tried to install phazes server plugin for the first time ever. got a missing file error, presumably it's related to this issue and your method above will fix it?

Yes it will fix the issue but if you can hold off for another day Phaze will have his update for V6 complete and the pluin will then work as expected.

unRAID 5.x PLEX users, please visit:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/223259/plex-devs-please-continue-support-for-32-bit-unraid/p1?new=1

And post about adding support back in for 32bit unRAID.  The plugin update I will be releasing shortly will fix unRAID 6.x installs, but 5.x users will no longer get updates without an entire OS upgrade which is sort of ridiculous.  If you post in the mentioned thread, they may see the need from the users and decide to compile it again.

Hey everyone,

Plex has been updated now.  The login method was updated for their new web site layout.  Actually it grabs info from their API code now instead of posting to the website directly.  This should be more stable even if they update the website in the future.  PlexPass login is working, however I can't test if it downloads a plexpass release until they have a plexpass release that is a different version than the public release.  When they do release a plexpass only update, i'll revisit the plugin and make sure it properly downloads.  It should, but needs verification.

For now, however, you can get the latest version again. 

Unraid 5.x users, no new updates for you unfortunately, and even worse, since they got rid of all older versions, if you lose your current install file you won't be able to reinstall plex on unraid 5 at all anymore.  If they do decide to add 32 bit unraid downloads again, a quick change in my plugin will enable those to work, so if you notice any downloads appear, let me know (i don't monitor what they have very closely).

Let me know if you come across any Plex plugin related issues!

-=PhAzE=-

Unraid 5.x users, no new updates for you unfortunately, and even worse, since they got rid of all older versions, if you lose your current install file you won't be able to reinstall plex on unraid 5 at all anymore.  If they do decide to add 32 bit unraid downloads again, a quick change in my plugin will enable those to work, so if you notice any downloads appear, let me know (i don't monitor what they have very closely).

Let me know if you come across any Plex plugin related issues!

-=PhAzE=-

Phaze, couldn't you host the Plex binary somewhere else and change the plugin to pull from there rather than the Plex site. 

Phaze, couldn't you host the Plex binary somewhere else and change the plugin to pull from there rather than the Plex site.

Technically, yes. Probably would violate plex licensing.

Maybe check if any of the internet archiving sites are holding accessible downloads?