[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Hey guys, I need help with my Sonarr configuration, I'm trying to automate the downloading of files from a remote server to my home. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what sonarr does

Current Setup Of Sonarr:

In the sonarr webui => settings => download client I've used the details from my remote server which has the files I want to bring home, the test button at the bottom of the dialogue box says that it's working.

Next I setup an indexer (I suspect that I may not need this as I don't need sonarr to send downloads to my remote server) and the test at the bottom of that dialogue says that it's also working correctly. With both of these setup I'm still not getting the desired files at home. If anyone can enlighten me as to whether or not sonarr will grab files from my remote server and bring them to the house and maybe point me to a guide I'd appreciate it. I've read through various forums and such but I must be missing something because it seems that it should do this unless the forum I'm reading is wrong. (Actually they mention mounting the remote server locally which I haven't figured out yet maybe that's my problem)

I've considered using the syncthing docker instead but if I understand it correctly it syncs both ways and I don't want that because when I move/rename files I want the remote server to stay in its original state. Thank you for any insight, suggestions etc.

***EDIT***

So I'm temporarily abandoning my attempt at sonarr and trying filebot, I have it installed and for the life of me can't figure out how to interact with it. The github description says there should be a WebUI but I don't see it, if you know please advise. I'm guessing maybe there is no UI and it is CLI only?

Hey guys, I need help with my Sonarr configuration, I'm trying to automate the downloading of files from a remote server to my home. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what sonarr does

Current Setup Of Sonarr:

In the sonarr webui => settings => download client I've used the details from my remote server which has the files I want to bring home, the test button at the bottom of the dialogue box says that it's working.

Next I setup an indexer (I suspect that I may not need this as I don't need sonarr to send downloads to my remote server) and the test at the bottom of that dialogue says that it's also working correctly. With both of these setup I'm still not getting the desired files at home. If anyone can enlighten me as to whether or not sonarr will grab files from my remote server and bring them to the house and maybe point me to a guide I'd appreciate it. I've read through various forums and such but I must be missing something because it seems that it should do this unless the forum I'm reading is wrong. (Actually they mention mounting the remote server locally which I haven't figured out yet maybe that's my problem)

I've considered using the syncthing docker instead but if I understand it correctly it syncs both ways and I don't want that because when I move/rename files I want the remote server to stay in its original state. Thank you for any insight, suggestions etc.

1 hour ago, Dissones4U said:

***EDIT***

So I'm temporarily abandoning my attempt at sonarr and trying filebot, I have it installed and for the life of me can't figure out how to interact with it. The github description says there should be a WebUI but I don't see it, if you know please advise. I'm guessing maybe there is no UI and it is CLI only?

Current Setup Of Sonarr:

Re: sonarr

What I think you would want to do is forget all about using the api to the download client, as sonarr isn't actually sending any requests to download to it.

I would set up a blackhole instead for sonarr to monitor instead.

You would however need to use unassigned devices plugin to mount in the remote share (you'd have to do this anyways utilizing the api) as entering in something like //smb://....  won't work eventhough sonarr says it will...

43 minutes ago, Squid said:

I would set up a blackhole instead for sonarr to monitor instead.

You would however need to use unassigned devices plugin to mount in the remote share (you'd have to do this anyways utilizing the api) as entering in something like //smb://....  won't work eventhough sonarr says it will...

Okay I'll look into blackhole for sonarr, I'm also trying to figure out the remote mapping, I will see if unassigned devices can help with that, thank you for the direction. I assume you don't know about the Phaze, filebot plugin, his sonarr plugin shows the port to append to the address in order to access the webui but filebot doesn't show it as far as I can see... Anyway, thanks again, I'll keep working on this.

I have a segfault error

Is there any solution to this?

Mar 30 02:04:51 unRAID kernel: Plex Media Scan[11495]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00007f6f0a7fe8d8 error 14 in Plex Media Scanner[400000+42e000]
Mar 30 02:06:47 unRAID kernel: Plex Media Scan[12145]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00007fdd157fe8d8 error 14 in Plex Media Scanner[400000+42e000]
Mar 30 02:07:07 unRAID kernel: Plex Media Scan[12226]: segfault at 7f23cbb19d89 ip 00007f238917542c sp 00007f2383bfd640 error 4 in libjemalloc.so.1[7f23890da000+133000]

unraid-diagnostics-20170330-0330.zip

11 hours ago, principis said:

I have a segfault error

Is there any solution to this?

Mar 30 02:04:51 unRAID kernel: Plex Media Scan[11495]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00007f6f0a7fe8d8 error 14 in Plex Media Scanner[400000+42e000]
Mar 30 02:06:47 unRAID kernel: Plex Media Scan[12145]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00007fdd157fe8d8 error 14 in Plex Media Scanner[400000+42e000]
Mar 30 02:07:07 unRAID kernel: Plex Media Scan[12226]: segfault at 7f23cbb19d89 ip 00007f238917542c sp 00007f2383bfd640 error 4 in libjemalloc.so.1[7f23890da000+133000]

Not related, but you have IDE emulation turned on for your onboard SATA drives.  When you next boot, go into the BIOS settings and look for the SATA mode, and change it to a native SATA mode, preferably AHCI if available, anything but IDE emulation mode.  It should be slightly faster, and a little safer.

You had your first segfault on March 16 at 2:05am, then again March 24 at 2:03am, then on March 27 around 7:30pm, then the last on March 30 at 2:05am.  All were associated with Plex Media Scanner.  A couple of them mention libjemalloc, but I'm not sure that matters because after the first segfault, the program may not have been running correctly, and that was on March 16.  When these are reported, you should reboot when next convenient.  Don't keep running just because it feels like nothing's wrong.

The 2 main causes for segfaults are RAM faults and dependency issues, then well after those, program bugs.  In this case, I think it's a dependency issue, and for that you'll need PhAzE to take a look, when he has time.  These are rarely easy to figure out.

There is a clear association with the time, a little after 2am, so you might look into what happens around then.

11 hours ago, RobJ said:

Not related, but you have IDE emulation turned on for your onboard SATA drives.  When you next boot, go into the BIOS settings and look for the SATA mode, and change it to a native SATA mode, preferably AHCI if available, anything but IDE emulation mode.  It should be slightly faster, and a little safer.

You had your first segfault on March 16 at 2:05am, then again March 24 at 2:03am, then on March 27 around 7:30pm, then the last on March 30 at 2:05am.  All were associated with Plex Media Scanner.  A couple of them mention libjemalloc, but I'm not sure that matters because after the first segfault, the program may not have been running correctly, and that was on March 16.  When these are reported, you should reboot when next convenient.  Don't keep running just because it feels like nothing's wrong.

The 2 main causes for segfaults are RAM faults and dependency issues, then well after those, program bugs.  In this case, I think it's a dependency issue, and for that you'll need PhAzE to take a look, when he has time.  These are rarely easy to figure out.

There is a clear association with the time, a little after 2am, so you might look into what happens around then.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Everytime there's a upgrade for Plex I have a lot of problems with it... When I click upgrade it hangs and won't finish upgrading and it won't start, ... It's very annoying. (I think I upgraded this month.)

is it possible that something is corrupted and that that causes the segfaults? Shall I try to reinstall the plugin? (I don't know what a segfault is and how bad it is.)

Edit:

Never mind... It's a ram error. Just checked the BIOS event and it reports seeing A LOT of single bit errors on dimm 4.

Edited by principis

@RobJ

I just wanted to tell you what happend, maybe you know if it's fixed or not.

So after I found out that there were some error with dimm 4, I pulled it out, vacuumed the slot and cleaned the ram stick with 94% alcohol. (I forgot the 99%).

After that, I ran memtest86 for 15 hours or more. (4 passes) and it didn't find any errors.

I also changed the driver settings and it was on 'native' but I changed it to AHCI (keep in mind it's an IBM server from 2008)

The ram is 4 sticks of 2 GB ECC DDR2, some samsung memory I bought second hand (it came out an old HP server).

Should I reinstall Plex? Or should I reinstall whole unRAID?

So I reinstalled unraid completely without restoring a backup so a completely clean install and it happened again.

Apr 3 18:17:38 Tower kernel: Plex Media Scan[1244]: segfault at 7f7aafef8d89 ip 00007f7a6d5b742c sp 00007f7a67ffd6a0 error 4 in libjemalloc.so.1[7f7a6d51c000+133000]
Apr 3 18:35:00 Tower kernel: Plex Media Scan[6826]: segfault at 7fb6d0562480 ip 00007fb4566fdb08 sp 00007fb450ffdb30 error 6 in libjemalloc.so.1[7fb4566c9000+133000]
Apr 3 18:38:30 Tower kernel: Plex Media Scan[7895]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00007f5cc2bfe8d8 error 14 in Plex Media Scanner[400000+42e000]
Apr 3 18:38:30 Tower kernel: Plex Media Scan[7893]: segfault at 7f5d0aaf8d89 ip 00007f5cc815d42c sp 00007fffe148c1e0 error 4 in libjemalloc.so.1[7f5cc80c2000+133000]
Apr 3 18:39:54 Tower kernel: Plex Media Scan[8387]: segfault at 7fc4a62f8d89 ip 00007fc463a7042c sp 00007fc45e3fd700 error 4 in libjemalloc.so.1[7fc4639d5000+133000]
Apr 3 18:41:08 Tower kernel: Plex Media Scan[8768]: segfault at 7f95cb6f8d89 ip 00007f9588edc42c sp 00007f95837fd640 error 4 in libjemalloc.so.1[7f9588e41000+133000]
Apr 3 19:28:17 Tower kernel: Plex Media Scan[23091]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00007fb3673fe8d8 error 14 in Plex Media Scanner[400000+42e000]

I'll try to find out what happens when the error occures but I don't know how...

unraid-diagnostics-20170405-1240.zip

PhAzE hasn't visited the forum since March 23, and hasn't posted since Feb 22.

Been nearly a month since this last Public Service Announcement, so here it is again:

On 3/10/2017 at 5:43 PM, RobJ said:

...we do all really appreciate what PhAzE has done with these plugins....

But the future is in Dockers.

Not sure if this has been reported.. Seems as though the plugin isn't able to log in to PLEX to check for updates.  I'm getting the error: Unable to login to PlexPass with above credentials.  I have checked and re-checked the credentials and they are correct, so it's either something with the plugin or something with the PLEX servers.

I'm still a plugin guy.  At least until Phaze says he's done supporting them.

Mike

Phaze,

Help please!

shutdown my server since I was gonna be out of town for a week.  Started up.... and Emby server is given me a install problem.  "Install failed: Failed integrity test" this was working totally fine before I went on vacation.  

UPDATE:   Nevermind.   I have decided I will be using Docker App instead.    Three problems in the last 12 months is a little too much.  especially when twice I had to start from the beginning.   plus it does look slike PhAze might or might not be back... and even if he does, who knows when he will return to help with the troubleshoot.

Edited by johnlo

Hello,

I run Sabnzbd from PhazE plugins. Don't ask me why, I guess I am just too lazy to install it a Docker app.

The thing is today it got upgraded to version 2.0.0 and and it says there is no 7zip installed, although I have it with the Nerdtools plugin, and also something about Sabyenc not being installed.

Will the PhazE plugin install them for me?

Do I have to do it? I don't have a clue how to...

If I switch to the Docker Sabnzbd app, will it settle all these things for me?

On 7.4.2017 at 4:47 PM, trurl said:

PhAzE hasn't visited the forum since March 23, and hasn't posted since Feb 22.

Been nearly a month since this last Public Service Announcement, so here it is again:

well some stupid question - there about so many  different versions of transmission especially if one uses dockerhub - but choosing any becomes a trial and error quest-

any recommendations about a stable version for unraid 6.3.3 ???

cheers 

24 minutes ago, ahab666 said:

well some stupid question - there about so many  different versions of transmission especially if one uses dockerhub - but choosing any becomes a trial and error quest-

any recommendations about a stable version for unraid 6.3.3 ???

cheers 

Install Community Applications plugin. You should use the dockers that appear there instead of looking to docker hub. They are supported on this forum and are easier to configure within unRAID.

I prefer the dockers by linuxserver.io when I can get them.

On 3/10/2017 at 5:43 PM, RobJ said:

And we do all really appreciate what PhAzE has done with these plugins.

But the future is in Dockers.  While of course I can't speak for PhAzE, what I think would be better is an effort to create very simple upgrade paths to Docker replacements.  Ideally, with a simple tool that auto-configures it, so that one minute you are running the plugin version, then 5 minutes later you are running the Docker version, and it's fully operational with all of your data and configuration!  Nothing lost, looks basically the same, except possibly a newer version of the app.

In this case, it might be a small script with a few instructions, that moves you from a PhAzE CouchPotato plugin to a Radarr Docker container.  Or more simply, a set of steps as to what config items to note, and where to plug them into the replacement.

But I don't intend to be pushy, to either PhAzE or his plugin fans.  He's certainly earned the right to do anything he chooses!

Autoupgrade or a nice guide would be extremely useful. I tried looking into dockers and it just sent my head spinning so I left it be since the Phaze plugins are still working for me (sonarr, cp, sab, headphones, emby & nzbmegasearch). I fear the day will soon come where I will have to do the change, but it isn't today so I am hoping someone can answer our prayers before then....

Phaze has indeed done a great job, and his support has been incredible.

Anyone heard from PhAzE?  Everything ok?  Seems odd to just drop everything after almost four years.  I can understand burnout, but would like to know if that is what it is or not.  Always had dependable plug-ins, been using them for years and always fall back to them when their Docker equivalents fall prey to poor authoring/management.

At this point I only use the Headphones plugin from PhAzE.  The Docker version never worked with building the database when I had tried it, support question was ignored so I stayed with the plugin.  One of the best features about his plugins, in my opinion, is it gives you the choice of when to apply an update.  Nothing worse than having a Docker configured and running fine for weeks or longer then stop the array or whatever and have to restart the Docker or make a change to a map and it automatically updates and goes to crap or partially breaks...or a Docker that has no maps to the host yet every time it is stopped it spins up every drive in the array.  Just misc ramblings/observations/experiences and not getting into the naming game.  One can browse the container threads and figure out what consistently works and which are more prone to issues.  PhAzE did an excellent job with his plugins and hope he is just taking a break from burnout.  Hate to see him go from being attacked by certain Docker authors, if that is what happened.