[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

My Sabnzbd updated itself to 2.0.0, I wanted to roll back to 1.1.0 so I didn't have issues with the dependencies. Below is what I did, use this at your own risk.

Note: Does Sab work without SABYenc? after doing this it seems that my sab was working from what I could see in the logs...

Note2: This isn't a permanent solution, merely to buy myself some time until I make heads or tails of the transition to Dockers....

Log in using telnet (remember username is root), and input the following commands in order.

cd /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Sabnzbd/scripts
./rc.Sabnzbd stop
wget --no-check-certificate -O "/boot/config/plugins/Sabnzbd/Sabnzbd-PhAzE-1.1.0-src.tar.gz" "https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/releases/download/1.1.0/SABnzbd-1.1.0-src.tar.gz"
tar -xf "/boot/config/plugins/Sabnzbd/Sabnzbd-PhAzE-1.1.0-src.tar.gz" -C "/tmp"
rsync -Kar "/tmp/SABnzbd-1.1.0/." "/usr/local/sabnzbd"
 rm -Rf "/tmp/SABnzbd-1.1.0"
./rc.sabnzbd start

Edited by Necrotic
Changed all the code into the code format, it was wrapping wget command probably confusing people.
On 21/04/2017 at 11:04 AM, unevent said:

At this point I only use the Headphones plugin from PhAzE.  The Docker version never worked with building the database when I had tried it, support question was ignored so I stayed with the plugin.  

I had this issue too and gave up for a while..

But tried again and my issues went away when I created a local musicbrainz instance (docker) and configured headphones to use that instead.

2 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

I had this issue too and gave up for a while..

But tried again and my issues went away when I created a local musicbrainz instance (docker) and configured headphones to use that instead.

I run musicbrainz in VirtualBox VM, but the database creation error was due to something else that only the development version of headphones would solve at the time, IIRC.  The plugin version would work, but whatever the Docker was using did not so I reverted and never changed since.

HI All,

I recently upgraded my cache disk to a larger capacity SSD. and ever since then the Couchpotato and Headphones plugins (phaze's plugins) would not start or update. the appdata share is a cache only share. It was moved to the array before the upgrade and then moved back as per this Wiki article. .PhAzE-Common is a root directory in cache and was copied to another location and copied back to the new disk. 

From my limited knowledge it looks like git seems to be the problem.Could someone please help fix this? 

May 6 09:14:00 Tower emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/Couchpotato/scripts/rc.Couchpotato buttonstart
May 6 09:14:00 Tower sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /mnt/cache/.PhAzE-Common/Couchpotato/startcfg.sh; python /mnt/user/appdata/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py --data_dir /mnt/user/appdata/couchpotato/config --daemon --pid_file /var/run/Couchpotato/Couchpotato.pid &
May 6 09:14:15 Tower sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /mnt/cache/.PhAzE-Common/Couchpotato/startcfg.sh; git --git-dir=/mnt/user/appdata/couchpotato/.git rev-parse HEAD
May 6 09:14:17 Tower sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /mnt/cache/.PhAzE-Common/Couchpotato/startcfg.sh; python --version 2>&1
May 6 09:14:17 Tower sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /mnt/cache/.PhAzE-Common/Couchpotato/startcfg.sh; sqlite3 --version 2>&1
May 6 09:14:17 Tower sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /mnt/cache/.PhAzE-Common/Couchpotato/startcfg.sh; git --version 2>&1
May 6 09:14:17 Tower sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /mnt/cache/.PhAzE-Common/Couchpotato/startcfg.sh; curl --version 2>&1

kcl7vt.png

Edited by abhi.ko

Hello, I have 2 questions please;

1) I've installed the Filebot plugging, see config attached, its running, but where do I configure, folders and actions please?

2) I see a warning about only installed in RAM, I have a large cache drive, how do I put this onto the cache drive rather than the RAM please?

Appreciate the guidance

Filebot config.PNG

Edited by huntjules
wrong attachment
Hello, I have 2 questions please;
1) I've installed the Filebot plugging, see config attached, its running, but where do I configure, folders and actions please?
2) I see a warning about only installed in RAM, I have a large cache drive, how do I put this onto the cache drive rather than the RAM please?

Appreciate the guidance
5918b703321ca_Filebotconfig.thumb.PNG.85b20716aaa187773dc26d303616a56c.PNG

Change your install and config path to include cache drive, ex: /mnt/cache/config/filebot...

Make 'config' a cache-only share.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, unevent said:

Change your install and config path to include cache drive, ex: /mnt/cache/config/filebot...

thank you unevent I now have Filebot running on the cache drive.

Any guidance on how do I configure what folders filebot watches, and which folders filebot renames and moves? As I can only see this screen below and doesn't seem obviously how to setup Filebot to do its tasks.

Filebot config.PNG

Edited by huntjules
typos

Had an odd issue with plex server update, it downloaded the new version and installed but would not start plex again and the page kept showing that there was an update still to be done. I had to reboot the server to get plex back on line and it show there's an update.

from the running log prior to reboot.

2017-05-23 09:57:07 [INFO] Located MD5 file - Testing against install file
2017-05-23 09:57:07 [INFO] MD5 of Plexmediaserver-PhAzE-1.7.0.3840-45a6a85f4-x64.txz is valid - Proceeding with install
2017-05-23 09:57:15 [INFO] Updating application directories
2017-05-23 09:57:15 [INFO] Updating application config file
2017-05-23 09:57:15 [INFO] Install OK!
2017-05-23 09:57:23 [INFO] *** Button Start Initiated ***
2017-05-23 09:57:23 [INFO] Syncing application and plugin config files
2017-05-23 09:57:23 [INFO] Updating plugin config file
2017-05-23 09:57:23 [INFO] Starting Plex Media Server...
2017-05-23 09:57:23 [INFO] Updating dependencies
2017-05-23 09:57:23 [INFO] No dependencies required for this application
2017-05-23 09:57:23 [INFO] Updating export file
2017-05-23 09:57:23 [INFO] Updating shorcut file
2017-05-23 09:57:23 [INFO] Updating application directories
2017-05-23 09:57:23 [INFO] Updating application config file
2017-05-23 09:57:34 [ERROR] Start failed: No PID created
2017-05-23 09:59:21 [INFO] *** Button Start Initiated ***
2017-05-23 09:59:21 [INFO] Syncing application and plugin config files
2017-05-23 09:59:21 [INFO] Updating plugin config file
2017-05-23 09:59:21 [INFO] Starting Plex Media Server...
2017-05-23 09:59:21 [INFO] Updating dependencies
2017-05-23 09:59:21 [INFO] No dependencies required for this application
2017-05-23 09:59:21 [INFO] Updating export file
2017-05-23 09:59:21 [INFO] Updating shorcut file
2017-05-23 09:59:21 [INFO] Updating application directories
2017-05-23 09:59:21 [INFO] Updating application config file
2017-05-23 09:59:32 [ERROR] Start failed: No PID created
2017-05-23 10:00:04 [INFO] *** Update Initiated ***
2017-05-23 10:00:04 [INFO] Stopping Plex Media Server...
2017-05-23 10:00:04 [INFO] Stop OK: Already stopped
2017-05-23 10:00:05 [INFO] Installing Plex Media Server...
2017-05-23 10:00:06 [INFO] Updating dependencies
2017-05-23 10:00:06 [INFO] No dependencies required for this application
2017-05-23 10:00:06 [INFO] Updating export file
2017-05-23 10:00:06 [INFO] Updating shorcut file
2017-05-23 10:00:09 [INFO] Latest version found: 1.7.0.3840-45a6a85f4 - Checking USB for same install file
2017-05-23 10:00:09 [INFO] Copy found on USB, checking for MD5 file
2017-05-23 10:00:09 [INFO] Located MD5 file - Testing against install file
2017-05-23 10:00:09 [INFO] MD5 of Plexmediaserver-PhAzE-1.7.0.3840-45a6a85f4-x64.txz is valid - Proceeding with install
2017-05-23 10:00:17 [INFO] Updating application directories
2017-05-23 10:00:17 [INFO] Updating application config file
2017-05-23 10:00:17 [INFO] Install OK!

last line stated install OK but it did not, that when i restarted.

Sickraid suddenly does not start anymore (it seems after updating to Unraid 6.3.5). Manual start via the Settings page seems to show the plugin starting, only to result in a Status "Stopped" again when the start process is over.

Once I received a "PID created but no process exists" message - but only once. The other PhAzE plugins that I use (Couchpotato, SABnzbd and Transmission) run fine, thanks for that.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Complete reinstall of the plugin brings the exact same problem.

Edited by whauk
Spelling corrections

UPDATE:  After noting Phaze's absence, I tried a hail-Mary-move; and deleted the Phaze-common folder (thanks, unevent) and restarted my server.  Everything is up-to-date and running now.

My Sabnzbd plugin no longer works.

Noticed this evening that download were no longer unRARing.  Dependancies screen showed: UnRAR Version:NOT WORKING

Noticed new version of Sabnzbd (2.0.1) was available.  After stopping Sabnzbd, I clicked 'Update Sabnzbd'

Now it refuses to start, saying " Sorry, requires Python 2.7."  ( Dependancies screen shows: Python Version:2.6.6

Using Plugin Version: 2016.11.29.1

Tried 'Manual Update Check' to see if plugin would update either itself or the dependancies.  Screen refreshes, but nothing changes.

Edited by johnny121b
Resolved
UPDATE:  After noting Phaze's absence, I tried a hail-Mary-move; and deleted the Phaze-common folder (thanks, unevent) and restarted my server.  Everything is up-to-date and running now.

My Sabnzbd plugin no longer works.

Noticed this evening that download were no longer unRARing.  Dependancies screen showed: UnRAR Version:NOT WORKING
Noticed new version of Sabnzbd (2.0.1) was available.  After stopping Sabnzbd, I clicked 'Update Sabnzbd'
Now it refuses to start, saying " Sorry, requires Python 2.7."  ( Dependancies screen shows: Python Version:2.6.6
Using Plugin Version: 2016.11.29.1
Tried 'Manual Update Check' to see if plugin would update either itself or the dependancies.  Screen refreshes, but nothing changes.

Best bet is to revert back to older version as new binaries are needed for new sab. Revert or find a Docker that works for you. I don't think Phaze will be back, hope he is ok, however.

Best bet is to revert back to older version as new binaries are needed for new sab. Revert or find a Docker that works for you. I don't think Phaze will be back, hope he is ok, however.

Actually, just deleting that folder (and allow it to be recreated) fixed things up for me.  UnRAR reports version 5.30, Python version is now 2.7.10, and installed version of SAB is now 2.0.1.  So after seeing everything go green & happy, I left well-enough alone.  But I will begin looking at exit strategies, because it [does] look like Phaze has left... leaving us with a lot of plugins just waiting to break.  It's a shame- he was a real asset to the Unraid plugin community. 

Edited by johnny121b
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28.5.2017 at 11:24 AM, whauk said:

Sickraid suddenly does not start anymore (it seems after updating to Unraid 6.3.5). Manual start via the Settings page seems to show the plugin starting, only to result in a Status "Stopped" again when the start process is over.

Once I received a "PID created but no process exists" message - but only once. The other PhAzE plugins that I use (Couchpotato, SABnzbd and Transmission) run fine, thanks for that.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Complete reinstall of the plugin brings the exact same problem.

Just FYI: After updating to the new Sickrage version today the plugin works again.

Unfortunately, @PhAzE no longer seems to be active at all within these forums.  His last time online was March 23, and his last posting was on February 22.  I'm sure I speak for all of us in hoping that this is a case of real-life rearing its head, and not something else wrong.  But, this brings up a subject of what do we do with regards to his plugins within Community Applications.

Now, PhAzE has done a phenomenal job of running his media applications on unRaid with minimal disruptions to the OS itself, and everyone around here owes him a debt of gratitude (
and probably a beer or two).  However, PhAzE has already expressed an interest in completely dropping his plugins twice on Reddit recently: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAID/comments/68flgn/plugins_or_dockers/
https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAID/comments/5jlsat/anyone_still_using_phaze_plugins/

I have previously applied a moderator comment to all of PhAzE's plugins stating that the unRaid community recommends to install these types of applications as a docker application, instead of as a plugin, but I think that now the time has come (based upon his absence and his comments on Reddit) to take this to a further level. 

In consultation with some other select members here, what I'm going to be doing is blocking installation by default of all of his plugins from CA on unRaid versions 6.4RC3+.  This is being done because the support level for his chosen delivery method (plugin) is extreme due to the nature of the plugin, and as unRaid continues to evolve his plugins may contribute to OS instability. 

Since the advent of docker integration, running actual applications (ie: Plex, SabNZBd, etc) as a plugin has been highly discouraged by both Limetech and by the community at large due to the complexity required to maintain them and their dependencies, and the security and stability implications on the OS as a whole.

It should be noted that should a user upgrade to 6.4RC3+, and still wish to continue to run PhAzE's plugins, this step will in no way impede the operation of the plugin.  Everything will remain the same as before.  The only difference is that within Community Applications (Apps tab), the plugins will not appear within the available apps.  What I am talking about is installing them from scratch via CA. 

Should a user running 6.4RC3+ still wish to install PhAzE's applications via Community Applications, they will merely have to go to CA's General Settings and turn on "Display Incompatible Applications".  If you already are running his plugins, they will still install during unRaid's boot up procedure.

I am not going to deprecate his plugins, since that would wind up having Fix Common Problems issue a warning to everyone running them, regardless of unRaid version (and PhAzE was at least active when 6.3.3 was the latest stable version)

The Fix Common Problems plugin will display a warning that you are running an incompatible plugin when unRaid is 6.4RC3+, but will also not impede in anyway the operation of these plugins.

Many users are still running his plugins due to FUD (Fear, uncertainty, doubt) regarding setting up a docker application.  Thankfully, @gridrunner has made numerous videos to assist users in getting past the initial stumbling blocks of a docker container.  This, combined with the Docker FAQ (well, Temporary Docker FAQ for the time being) should help with any questions, along with the multitude of users ready, willing, and able to help with setting up any container here on the forums.

None of this is a simple case of an author / maintainer of an application simply disappearing.  PhAzE's plugins are a special case due to their nature, high support (in designing the plugin itself), and the fact that they are not recommended to be run when many suitable alternatives exist within the recommended delivery method of docker, not to mention the fact that PhAzE himself stated on Reddit that he wants to get rid of them.  
Normally when an author expresses an interest in deprecating an application, either @dockerPolice,@pluginCop, or myself (@Squid) contacts the author and then takes the applicable steps within CA.  In this case, PhAzE has not responded thus far to any PM's from myself (or as I understand it to other users) either on these forums or on Reddit either.

@PhAzE, if you are reading this and not happy with my handling of this, please reach out to me to discuss.

Squid, esq.

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 2

@Squid @PhAzE

I concur with this action. PhAzE - if you return and are interested in reinvigorating your projects, please follow up with Squid.

But does seems that unRAID v6 Docker and VM features, which provide much higher level of isolation with unRAID NAS functions, are the current best option for installing 3rd party apps on unRAID servers. And, for that reason alone, users should be discouraged from installing plugins to install these apps.

The plugins continue to be available on CA, but may be a tag harder to find, and contain some extra warnings. The goal is to not have users inadvertently installing a plugin, especially one that is not being actively supported, when a supported Docker option is available (which is the case for most if not all of the plugins.) 

Anyone still running these plugins is encouraged to plan for and then transition. Not an emergency necessarily, but at some point, tomorrow or 6 months from now, the plugins are not going to work properly as unRAID and 3rd parity app updates occur.

Thanks to PhAzE for his hard work. And to Squid for being a conscientious about ensuring that the CA application inventory is kept up-to-date and accurate for unRAID users!

Guys,

I am on the same boat as everyone else. I love what Phaze made, it was intuitive, simple and was superbly supported for a long time. However, things change and Phaze himself wanted to see a way to transition away from what I remember. I haven't completed my move to dockers, but I started with what I could (Emby). So far, my move seems to have gone ok and I haven't run into any issues.

Hopefully someone can grab my steps in the post below and help create a migration script to automate the move of Emby from Phaze plugin into the official docker for other people.

• 1 month later...
On June 21, 2017 at 9:38 PM, Necrotic said:

From the link:

NOTE: Below procedure has NOT been tested yet. Use at your own risk.

Necrotic, Looks like I too will soon migrate emby from a plugin over to a docker. The steps you listed look pretty straight forward, yet the note stating that it has not been tested has me a bit concerned. What issues, if any did you experience during/after your migration?

Thanks,

~j

On 7/27/2017 at 5:16 PM, Joseph said:

Necrotic, Looks like I too will soon migrate emby from a plugin over to a docker. The steps you listed look pretty straight forward, yet the note stating that it has not been tested has me a bit concerned. What issues, if any did you experience during/after your migration?

Thanks,

~j

Well I got mine working and its still going strong, just make sure you don't delete the config folder for phaze and you can always just shut down the docker and turn phaze back on. I was just trying to say that because the instructions were built after trying several things, I didn't want to delete it all and start it over from scratch following the instructions, but they were built after the fact going thru the commands that did work (I was just trying to warn ppl that I am not an expert at this so there is always some risk).

Edited by Necrotic
PS. If anyone figures a proceedure to move over Headphones and Couchpotato please let me know!

I spent some time today transitioning over from the Phaze Sonarr to Linuxserver Sonarr Docker so I could keep all my settings.

Below is the process I followed.

1) I had already created a new folder in my appdata folder called apps (where all my dockers are going) when I did Emby transition. I then created a folder inside apps called sonarr.

2) Shut down my Phaze Sonarr plugin. Started the sonarr docker, let it run for a minute or two until its complete. Then stopped it.

3) Using SMB I copied the following files/folders over from the Phaze folder into the docker sonarr folder (phaze has an additional Appdata within the nzbdrone folder):

Logs, MediaCover, logs.db, nzbdrone.db

4) Logged into the console. Changed to the Sonarr Docker folder (mnt/cache/appdata/apps/sonarr).

5) Used the following commands(NOTE: my media path may be different than yours, please adjust accordingly):

sqlite3 nzbdrone.db "UPDATE Series SET Path = replace( Path, '/mnt/user/TV-Shows', '/tv' ) WHERE Path LIKE '/mnt/user/TV-Shows%'"
sqlite3 nzbdrone.db "UPDATE RootFolders SET Path = replace( Path, '/mnt/user/TV-Shows', '/tv' ) WHERE Path LIKE '/mnt/user/TV-Shows%'"

6) Started the docker

7) Went to Sonarr UI. Under settings found Download Client, under Sabnzbd I had to go in and change the IP from localhost to my actual server IP. Test the download client.

NOTE: I did some preliminary testing (including filling one episode, adding new series, etc) and seems to be working for me. I will keep an eye out and update if I find any issues. For now I have shut down the Phaze plugin but kept the folders in case I need to roll back. As usual, use it at your own risk.

PS. Thanks for hurricanehrnz for helping me figure out the sqlite stuff which I was able to adapt for my sonarr transition as well.

Edited by Necrotic
  • Like 1
On 7/27/2017 at 5:16 PM, Joseph said:

Thanks,

~j

Joseph,

Did you try my process to move Emby over to the docker? how did it work out?

Please see the post above, I have included instructions on how to move over Sonarr.