[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

On 22/08/2017 at 3:22 PM, PhAzE said:

Just a quick update, unRaid 6.4 looks like it will be using nginx for the web front end over emhttp (which is a good switch IMO) but that means there is a good chance all of my plugins will not work on 6.4.  I don't really have any plans on updating the plugins for 6.4 if this is the case, so I do suggest people plan on migrating to dockers sooner rather than later so you don't get stuck on 6.3 forever. Also, as of 6.4, my plugins will no longer show in the app store so new installs on 6.4 won't be possible by that method. 

It has been a great run for the past number of years. I just want to thank everyone for their support. It's been a great community to work with as I self taught myself so many new things during these projects and quite a fun (but time consuming) experience. I may dive into the docker side of things in the future but it seems most of the bases have already been pretty well covered there.

If you want to mess around with docker stuff, let us know.... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phaze,

Your plugin for filebot might be missing the shell script (which I suppose can be done without: filebot.sh but more importantly it seems to be missing the plugin to identify files based on their audio signature:

# filebot -rename --db AcoustID -non-strict .
Rename music using AcoustID
Cannot run program "/usr/local/Filebot/fpcalcfpcalc": error=2, No such file or directory
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/usr/local/Filebot/fpcalcfpcalc": error=2, No such file or directory
        at net.filebot.web.AcoustIDClient.fpcalc(AcoustIDClient.java:200)
        at net.filebot.web.AcoustIDClient.lookup(AcoustIDClient.java:61)
        at net.filebot.cli.CmdlineOperations.renameMusic(CmdlineOperations.java:496)
        at net.filebot.cli.CmdlineOperations.rename(CmdlineOperations.java:100)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.runCommand(ArgumentProcessor.java:88)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:26)
        at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:115)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        ... 7 more

Any chance you can update this plugin? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/15/2017 at 9:12 PM, Necrotic said:

*IMPORTANT*: When you set up the Docker, use the following mappings:

"/mnt /mnt"

"/config /mnt/user/appdata/apps/EmbyServer"

NOTE: Even though I selected it as /mnt/cache/...It turns it into user by itself...

UPDATE: So, after dealing with some nasty issues (that I hope are now resolved), I upgraded to unRAID v6.4 and discovered the PhAzE plugin no longer works and attempted the migration over to the Emby Docker. This time it seems to have worked... Here's what I did.

1. Backup of appdata

2. followed your mappings, but pointing /config to where my Emby files are (/mnt/user/appdata/Embyserver)

And that was it. The only thing missing is are the Emby plugins. Do you know (or anyone else know) of a way to recover those so I don't have to reinstall them from scratch?  Thanks!!

On 1/21/2018 at 12:51 PM, Joseph said:

UPDATE: So, after dealing with some nasty issues (that I hope are now resolved), I upgraded to unRAID v6.4 and discovered the PhAzE plugin no longer works and attempted the migration over to the Emby Docker. This time it seems to have worked... Here's what I did.

1. Backup of appdata

2. followed your mappings, but pointing /config to where my Emby files are (/mnt/user/appdata/Embyserver)

And that was it. The only thing missing is are the Emby plugins. Do you know (or anyone else know) of a way to recover those so I don't have to reinstall them from scratch?  Thanks!!

Make sure you restart and look at it again. When I first moved it over it seemed fine but when I did a refresh it went haywire and wiped my database, its why I had to do the whole process of editing the database...

1 hour ago, Necrotic said:

Make sure you restart and look at it again. When I first moved it over it seemed fine but when I did a refresh it went haywire and wiped my database, its why I had to do the whole process of editing the database...

That happened to me on previous attempts as well when I was trying to preserve the emby plugin and have the docker version too. This time it didn't matter since the plugin no longer works with v6.4. So, to clarify step 2: I did not relocate the emby appdata files, they are in the same folders that the plugin emby used; I merely pointed the docker to that location. I've restarted the docker and re-scanned the media library several times and everything seems to be intact. Do you think I need to reboot unRAID and see if that changes things?

1 hour ago, Joseph said:

That happened to me on previous attempts as well when I was trying to preserve the emby plugin and have the docker version too. This time it didn't matter since the plugin no longer works with v6.4. So, to clarify step 2: I did not relocate the emby appdata files, they are in the same folders that the plugin emby used; I merely pointed the docker to that location. I've restarted the docker and re-scanned the media library several times and everything seems to be intact. Do you think I need to reboot unRAID and see if that changes things?

No idea, I remember the first time it started it looked ok, I had done the same thing as you I think. But as soon as it tried to rescan it basically wiped everything from the database and I think it doubled up my appdata folder. I just didn't want to have it re-downloading everything.

On 1/22/2018 at 8:15 PM, Necrotic said:

No idea, I remember the first time it started it looked ok, I had done the same thing as you I think. But as soon as it tried to rescan it basically wiped everything from the database and I think it doubled up my appdata folder. I just didn't want to have it re-downloading everything.

Same here... so I just compared the backup to the appdata and it isn't double the size so, yay?

• Upvote 1

Am on 6.3.5 still, and have phaze plex, emby and couchpotato plugin still. Have migrated others to docker.

These 3 seems to start like a completely new setup although the config is mapped to the appdata of the plugin version...

Need to find some time to fiddle with it more...

Sonarr,transmission,sabnzbd and sickbeard migrated flawlessly tho...

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

not sure why mine works and yours doesn't then. I know I'm not much help with this response, but the only thing I can think of is I migrated to the docker after I upgraded to v6.4 and the plugin no longer worked; but seems to me that shouldn't have anything to do with it. Perhaps its incorrect permissions settings? (unfortunately, I'm not sure what they should be) This doesn't really help either but here again are my mappings:

/mnt = "/mnt"
/config = "/mnt/user/appdata/Embyserver" (where my emby server config resides)

The only thing that didn't migrate over for some unknown reason were the plugins that get installed inside of Emby. Wish I could be more help.

• 10 months later...

Oh, my. 

So, I've upgraded my Unraid machine to 6.6.5 and I've still got Plex running flawlessly via Phaze's plugin.  Please don't tell my server that it's not supposed to be working!  I know nothing about linux and struggle to follow tutorials to get things working on my server. 

Do I really need to completely abandon my Plex server running on Phaze's plugin and switch to some new system if I want Plex to keep working?  Is there a step by step tutorial to do that somewhere?

5 minutes ago, datruedave said:

Oh, my. 

So, I've upgraded my Unraid machine to 6.6.5 and I've still got Plex running flawlessly via Phaze's plugin.  Please don't tell my server that it's not supposed to be working!  I know nothing about linux and struggle to follow tutorials to get things working on my server. 

Do I really need to completely abandon my Plex server running on Phaze's plugin and switch to some new system if I want Plex to keep working?  Is there a step by step tutorial to do that somewhere?

Plex docker is probably one of the easier things to setup and one that is less likely to get out of control if you do it wrong, unlike some of the others that try to save a lot of downloaded data for example. But if we told you step by step exactly what to do for that one docker, without taking the trouble to explain why that is the way to do it, then you might not know anything more about dockers than you do now. Fortunately, someone has already taken the trouble to explain a lot of those things in the Docker FAQ. After you read at least the "Getting Started" topics there then I am sure you will have better and more specific questions to ask us, and probably a lot of people that would love to answer them.

18 minutes ago, trurl said:

Plex docker is probably one of the easier things to setup and one that is less likely to get out of control if you do it wrong, unlike some of the others that try to save a lot of downloaded data for example. But if we told you step by step exactly what to do for that one docker, without taking the trouble to explain why that is the way to do it, then you might not know anything more about dockers than you do now. Fortunately, someone has already taken the trouble to explain a lot of those things in the Docker FAQ. After you read at least the "Getting Started" topics there then I am sure you will have better and more specific questions to ask us, and probably a lot of people that would love to answer them.

First of all, I don't particularly want to learn anything about linux, Unraid, dockers, or even Plex.  I just want that stuff to work.  If I could pay a hundred bucks for someone to magically upgrade my plugin to a docker, I would.

That said, I don't think that's an option, so I realize I'm going to have to do a bunch of reading and try to figure stuff out (that I'll forget in a few years, the next time I'm forced to tinker with my server) so that my server continues to work.  I noticed someone said that there's a Plex docker that is better supported than the official Limetech Plex docker.  Anyone know why this is?  I'm very thankful for the work that Phaze contributed to the community, and I know that it's out of his hands, but I want to try to switch to the most stable, long-term, solution I can find, and I would think that is likely to be the official Plex docker.  If an individually (or community) developed Plex docker is the better choice, can someone explain why that is? 

Basically, I want to do what I need to do to make sure my server keeps working, and then I want to forget about it.  Maybe look in on it every few months and upgrade things.  Switching to Docker and reformatting my ReiserFS drives are the two things that I've been avoiding, but that today's visit to the forums has made me realize I can no longer afford to avoid.  😞

Thanks for pointing me to the Docker FAQ.  I'll start there in the next few days and see if I can wrap my head around it.  Thanks again!