[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Phaze,

Testing out serviio installing under /boot/config/plugins/serviio where I had my previous install. 

I am seeing: FFMPEG installed but not working.

If I just try to run ffmpeg manually I see:

ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.54: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It seems if I leave it as a default install in /usr/local.... it works fine but when I set a custom directory something isn't working.

Phaze,

Testing out serviio installing under /boot/config/plugins/serviio where I had my previous install. 

ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.54: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It seems if I leave it as a default install in /usr/local.... it works fine but when I set a custom directory something isn't working.

You won't be able to run it normally without losing the environment variables first. That's how I made it segregated from the other ffmpeg installs from other plugins.

Run:

Sudo -H -u nobody /bin/bash -c ". /boot/config/plugins/serviio/startcfg.sh; ffmpeg"

That loads the environment variables telling the os where to find the shared libraries.

More specifically, on the plugin page under the dependencies header, if you see the ffmpeg version in green, then its installed and working. I use that area to test that the apps run with the environment varoables .

To explain further. Some plugins install dependencies of different versions which clobber the one that was previously installed. For serviio, if you don't have the proper version of ffmpeg installed, serviio won't run properly. This problem also happens with programs using python 6 when another plugin might install python 7 making the first plugin fail to start it's app.

How I got around this (tested first in flexget plugin) was by installing the important dependencies in a sub folder of the install directory.  That's fine and all but then the os can't find the required binaries or shared libraries.  This is where the startcfg.sh script comes in. The application calls that script along with the command for the application. This sets up a pid instance that user nobody gets told where to look for these binaries and shared library files using the $PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables. This is only active for that instance of the pid and any child pid files that it starts.

This method allows me to install any number of ffmpeg or java versions on any plugin that needs a specific version, and none of them can mix and all can run at the same time.

The side effect is that calling ffmpeg from command line won't find it because it's installed to a non ordinary location. That's why you need that command I mentioned to get the startcfg.sh script to run first.

For flexget, I did this also but I made a shortcut in the /usr/bin folder that calls that script before calling flexget making it seamless. I can do that with flexget because you wouldn't have multiple versions of that installed at the same time. Hopefully that all makes sense.

Realistically, I should go back and change all my plugins to this method so none of them can interfere with any other devs plugins, but it's a big change to make and would take a lot of time, so only my new plugins use this. ;)

Phaze,

Sorry, I didn't see that you mentioned "installed but not working". Can you post your plugin settings? I'll see if I can replicate it and fix it

I had tried to set the cfg first and also tried your command with the same problem:

root@MJMS:~# sudo -H -u nobody /bin/bash -c ". /boot/config/plugins/serviio/startcfg.sh; ffmpeg"

I also noted if I try to run an upgrade (knowing there isn't one)

I see lots of:

cp: failed to preserve ownership for `/boot/config/plugins/serviio/./legal/FreeMarker-licence.txt': Operation not permitted

cp: failed to preserve ownership for `/boot/config/plugins/serviio/./legal/FFmpeg-licence.txt': Operation not permitted

cp: failed to preserve ownership for `/boot/config/plugins/serviio/./legal/Derby-licence.txt': Operation not permitted

cp: failed to preserve ownership for `/boot/config/plugins/serviio/./legal/dcraw-licence.txt': Operation not permitted

cp: failed to preserve ownership for `/boot/config/plugins/serviio/./legal/commons-io-licence.txt': Operation not permitted

cp: failed to preserve ownership for `/boot/config/plugins/serviio/./legal/commons-codec-licence.txt': Operation not permitted

cp: failed to preserve ownership for `/boot/config/plugins/serviio/./legal': Operation not permitted

What exact settings do you need?

All I did was set the install directory to: /boot/config/plugins/serviio

That folder is typically for the plugin config files and shouldn't have the application run files in there. If you change the install directory to /usr/local/serviio are you able to get it to start?

Out of curiosity, why are you running the application of your USB stick? Doing that will shorten the life of the sick substantially and then you will need to buy a new unraid licence when it dies. If you install it on a hard drive or to the default directory /use/local/serviio you will have the USB stick longer.

Hey PhAzE, have been using the following plugin of yours for week without any issue

Sickbeard

CouchPotato

NZBDrone

Transmission

SABnzbd

PLEX

BUT, I also use NZBget, which explicitly needs zlib 1.2.3. you use, 1.2.5, which is the same as what influncer used, so what I always do is installpkg zlib 1.2.3 everytime I reboot. Why I do that is because zlib 1.2.5 causes a segfault with NZBget. With influencer's plugin doing an intstallpkg zlib 1.2.3 wouldnt cause any issue, but with yours, sickbeard throws this error

alpha git: /usr/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by git) master

I already was thinking this would cause me to not be able to upgrade since it doesnt know the current version, so today there's a new update for sickbeard and im unable to install it. Would be great if you could use zlib 1.2.3 in your plugins since there's something in your sickbeard plg which seems to require zlib 1.2.5

For your info, all the above plugins has been working fine with zlib 1.2.3 while i was on influencer's plugins, so there's no worry of instability if you downgrade the zlib.

check out post #184 from overbyrn

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=23423.180

Thanks in advance

Phaze,

Sorry, I didn't see that you mentioned "installed but not working". Can you post your plugin settings? I'll see if I can replicate it and fix it

i was getting this error until I removed my subsonic plugin. any ideas on how to have them coexist? serviio serves up my movies/music locally and subsonic serves up my music when i'm out of the house.

What exact settings do you need?

All I did was set the install directory to: /boot/config/plugins/serviio

That folder is typically for the plugin config files and shouldn't have the application run files in there. If you change the install directory to /usr/local/serviio are you able to get it to start?

Out of curiosity, why are you running the application of your USB stick? Doing that will shorten the life of the sick substantially and then you will need to buy a new unraid licence when it dies. If you install it on a hard drive or to the default directory /use/local/serviio you will have the USB stick longer.

If I remember correctly the previous serviio plugin put it there so I was just following that model.  I don't really think the application accesses the drive all that much as I don't use it a ton and only update it when I need to - it doesn't rescan etc based on time.

Having said that - I will just move it and be done with it as yes it does work with a "normal" install from your plugin.

I've just noticed that there is version 2.83 for transmission but the plugin does not show an update.

Per PhAzE:

Ok, transmission updater works fine. What's happening is that the build on slacky.eu has not been updated to match the new source code released.  When the slackware package is updated by it's maintainer, unraid users will get the update notification. This is because its not compiled on unraid during install, it installs the pre compiled package.

Issues with a Slackware package...who would have thought? ;D

I've just noticed that there is version 2.83 for transmission but the plugin does not show an update.

Per PhAzE:

Ok, transmission updater works fine. What's happening is that the build on slacky.eu has not been updated to match the new source code released.  When the slackware package is updated by it's maintainer, unraid users will get the update notification. This is because its not compiled on unraid during install, it installs the pre compiled package.

Issues with a Slackware package...who would have thought? ;D

Unless anyone knows where an already compiled version that works on unraid exists, I'm not sure if there's maybe a better place to download from.

http://188.117.147.53/transmission-2.83-x86_64-1PTr.txz compiled for unraid ;) x64

about python 2.7.3 for x86 my packages contain yenc and cheetach ;) so you dont need install separate and also i full compatible with unraid 5 ;) (libs etc) this one "python-2.7.3-i686-5PTr.txz"

Can someone test whether this transmission only works on unraid 6?or is it for both?

I took it from this same thread, but pretty early in the thread. 

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Just tried the plugins for Sab, Sick beard and CP. All working well except for CP.

I did have a previous version installed, but its been playing up recently and wasnt starting, so decided to start fresh. I used different Install and config paths to the previous installs.

The CP service starts however the page appears flat with no formatting. As Attached:

Any thoughts on where I can start troubleshooting?

thanks in advance

CP_appearance.jpg.729ecf973b02f9fe798a2420aa888591.jpg

Hi guys,

Just tried the plugins for Sab, Sick beard and CP. All working well except for CP.

I did have a previous version installed, but its been playing up recently and wasnt starting, so decided to start fresh. I used different Install and config paths to the previous installs.

The CP service starts however the page appears flat with no formatting. As Attached:

thanks in advance

What other plugins are you using and which version of unraid? Have you tried a reboot of the system and also if you are running unmenu do you have g++ and GCC installed?

exist2resist,

I would like to also install MB3 server. I downloaded the file. but do not know what directory to which it should be installed. I've been waiting on this for a long time. I was about ready to move on to Plex, but found out the Dev's no longer support VIDEO_TS folders. Can you provide additional info?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'll be updating SickBeard in a few minutes with version 1.5.0.  A few new features/changes in this version (which will eventually come to all the git related plugins)

1. Ability to choose repo now possible.  Good news for those wanting to run another repo of sickbeard, you will soon be able to.  Just note that my plugins are created for the original application, so if you use another repo, depending on the differences in the repos application, there is always a possibility that my plugin will not be able to control it.  SickRage for example works perfectly. Some other repo may not.

2. Note that when changing repo, install directory and config directory are deleted before it switches.  This is because (lets use sickrage as an example) the two programs, sickbeard and sickrage do not have compatible databases.  If you plan on going back to the original application, I recommend backing up your original config directory (don't worry too much about backing up the install directory as really you just need to save your config and database files).

3. The "BRANCH" field now populates directly from github.  This is great because sickbeard has 19 different branches! But if you change to a new repo they liekly won't have any of those 19 branches.  When you cahnge a repo, it will attempt to install the 'master' branch and once installed you will be able to see the branches available in the branch pull down to switch to another branch after.

4. When an update is avilable for the application, and you have it running, it doesn't just say "update available" anymore, but rather it shows the update button as if the app was stopped.  This is jsut to save time, you can update while the app is running and my app will stop the program, then update.  Currently doesn't auto start the app again but that is done intentionally.  Note that when using a custom repo, you should also be notified of updates for that repo as they are released.

I would definitely like some feed back on how this works for you guys out there using custom repos, so let me know if there are any problems. If anything HUGE comes up, just revert to the old plugin from within the plugin gui.     

If these plugins and updates are helpful, feel free to send a donation over.  I spend quite literally hours working on each update for each plugin, but that's just if you're feeling generous to help out. :)

-=PhAzE=-

Phaze, I love your work. I personally only use one plugin but I have set friends up with several and they really just work.

I just sent you something on Paypal, thanks for all your work. :)

Thanks a lot!  I try pretty hard to make sure everything works bug free because like everyone else, I want my unraid server to be as automated as possible :) I appreciate the donation!

Oh and there is just one more thing.  ::)

I've just uploaded "SickBeard_alt" which is a plugin that can be used along side sickbeard for those wanting to run two side by side.  Say you want to have one set to SickRage and the other for Anime or for some reaosn two sickbeard vanilla's side by side.  This is now possible so give them a try. 

Great work again Phase.  Looking to the future, are you thinking of porting your skills over to docker containers ? I suspect that will be the way of the future though th ability to have all of ther in plugin form will make the migration to v6 less of a big step.

Hi guys,

thanks in advance

What other plugins are you using and which version of unraid? Have you tried a reboot of the system and also if you are running unmenu do you have g++ and GCC installed?

Using Influencers Logitech media server, Sabnzbd, headphones and sickbeard.

Have had unmenu in the past but its disabled.

My linux knowledge isnt great so dont know what else will help you to help me :)

I have run the .plg and can now see Plex in my webpage, but when clicking install, the page loads and refreshes without actually installing anything.

I'm running the dynamix webgui and have not changed any config settings.

Is there something im missing?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'll be updating SickBeard in a few minutes with version 1.5.0.  A few new features/changes in this version (which will eventually come to all the git related plugins)

PhAzE, thanks so much! You have really taken the plugins to another level and it is greatly appreciated. Different git forks (and the sickbeard_alt plugin) will be a huge help.