Where are Windows upgrade files stored?

Two Wire

Does anyone know if the Win 8 to Win 8.1 upgrade is stored anywhere on the computer. I upgraded one computer, and as I recall the file was quite large. I have four other computers which need to be upgraded before the Microsoft deadline of June 30th and I think my ISP will complain if I have to download this file for each computer.

Thanks

See if you can find a folder referencing KB2919355.

If not, you can always download from that link and save it locally, and save the download time on 2 of the machines. I think unless the machines are totally identical, it may not have downloaded the the correct set of files to do all the machines anyway. Windows update tries to only download what is needed for the specific machine.

I don't know 100% but the last few version of Windows stores the files in the "Software Distribution" folder in the Windows directory. At least when using Windows update. But it is all decompressed and such. I would just save it locally and do it. I don't know where you live either but I doubt your ISP will care.

Thanks for your response. However, I was looking for the B to 8.1 upgrade, and not the 8.1 upgrade. Evidently, Microsoft does not offer a save option for this upgrade. After some time consuming searches I found out how to get around this limitation on Cnet. Here is the link if anyone is interested:  http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-download-the-official-microsoft-windows-8-1-iso/

Thanks