How much RAM do you have installed in your unRAID server?

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2016 at 5:53 PM, JWMutant said:

I am currently using 16GB but was planning on upgrading to 32GB, but that was only due to the fact that I was/am using a Windows VM to manage my downloads. But since I have started to explore dockers more and more and may move away from the need to run a VM all together I am just stick with 16GB. These dockers run on the smell of a oily rag so to speak.

Exactly, same here. All I'm missing is a FileZilla Server docker (which I haven't found, if anyone knows where I can find it let me know) or something similar, then I won't use the Windows VM either. I'm keeping the 16GB I have unless I come across a good deal on DDR3 memory (which I'd probably find with today's prices).

1 hour ago, XiuzSu said:

All I'm missing is a FileZilla Server docker

Well, since the FileZilla website states the FileZilla server is for Windows only, you probably won't find the server in a Docker container 😁

Of course a FileZilla client is available in a docker container, but, that is not what you are seeking.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Well, since the FileZilla website states the FileZilla server is for Windows only, you probably won't find the server in a Docker container 😁

Of course a FileZilla client is available in a docker container, but, that is not what you are seeking.

Thanks for confirming, I didn't saw it was only for windows. I was getting ready to give up on it and try Nextcloud using the spaceinvader video.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 4:20 AM, Pro-289 said:

8GB, the max my 2010 motherboard can handle. I don't use many plugins or dockers, but I really do need way more than that. My Dynamix Cache Directories seems to max out my RAM and my drives still spin every time I open the mapped drives. Tried wiping the plugin and reinstalling with stock and altered settings, still spins up. How come this isn't built directly into the source code of UnRaid.

ive run the cache plugin since i first used unraid (i dont know, 3 years?) had the same "proiblems" like you. Now i disabled it because i thought they spin up anyway, so why stress drives even more...? 

And now my drives only spin up from time to time, instead of always (cache plugin keeps drives busy)

So just try some time without the plugin... its not in every case better to use.

Edited by nuhll
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, mkfelidae said:

Thinking of doing a 16GB ramdisk for scratch/ windows 10 "pagefile.sys"

That is very much misguided. I thought these "use ram for pagefile" kinda myths should all have been debunked by now.

Just assign more RAM to your Windows VM or use baloon functionality if you want flexible RAM assignment.