How much RAM do you have installed in your unRAID server?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I run on 48GB for the time being, migrated my stuff from proxmox to pretty much docker containering and that works nice, still having some issues here and there to fully understand the unraid architecture from the getgo but getting along with it nicely.

As others have said before: in terms of pure storage performance other systems maybe faster but here I am looking to the overall solution which grants all possibilities to me in a single box, my overall rating for Unraid is great!

I was able to consolidate 3 physical boxes into one which I was after to begin with

Edited by nonamenogame

I have a fairly small setup compared to others, but am looking to add more responsibility to my Unraid server.  My server has 16GB, but will be growing that in the future.  16GB currently handles everything that I use it for at the moment.  I am using it mainly for Plex (well at least that is what gets used the most).  Future Home Assistant type services will be added as well, which are running on my Raspberry Pi.  Oh... yeah... I have a Minecraft server running on there too for my kids, but they seem to have moved on to Fortnite :/. 

Once this pandemic has moved on, I will probably start building out some sort of lancache for some fun little local lan parties at my house. 

• 2 weeks later...

192GB (not a typo) DDR3 ECC

It was free to me so I might as well install it (screw energy savings right?)

I run about 4 VMs and 25 dockers and only use about 10GB at any given time. If anyone has any cool projects that I could do with that much RAM, let me know. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

64GB.  I really wish that Unraid supported lxc containers though, I have a NUC running Proxmox which has a load of containers set up which I use for CI (TeamCity), but I need more containers to handle other builds and the NUC has no more ram (it's got 64GB as well) and unraid would be ideal if it supported them.