harmser

How much RAM do you have installed in your unRAID server?

234 posts in this topic Last Reply

I recently upgraded to 384Gb. (reg. ecc)

The reason is that my plan is to run 2-3 photoshop VMs (each with 64Gb RAM) that my local photoclub can connect to via remote desktop. Until I fix the slow disk speed I plan on putting the 50Gb vdisk in RAM and a script copying it to the RAM then power up VMs at startup. That way I also ensure fresh image every boot. So I will be using most of my resources on the VMs. 

i have currently 32gb RAM (2x16), considering upgrading to 64gb cause i had a VM shutdown cause running out of RAM,

i assume 2 dockers here are ballooning a little .... when not restarting the server ...

what holds me back is my z370 board only supports dual channel, and when i remember correctly placing RAM in all 4 will not be helpful.

2 x Win10 VM´s, each 8 GB Ram, Rest System, Dockers, ...

still on thinking about it ;)

6 hours ago, alturismo said:

i have currently 32gb RAM (2x16), considering upgrading to 64gb cause i had a VM shutdown cause running out of RAM,

i assume 2 dockers here are ballooning a little .... when not restarting the server ...

what holds me back is my z370 board only supports dual channel, and when i remember correctly placing RAM in all 4 will not be helpful.

2 x Win10 VM´s, each 8 GB Ram, Rest System, Dockers, ...

still on thinking about it ;)

You should be able to upgrade to 64gb ram with no problem. The Z370 motherboards can address 64gb in dual channel mode just like you're running now.

Cheers!

You should be able to upgrade to 64gb ram with no problem. The Z370 motherboards can address 64gb in dual channel mode just like you're running now.
Cheers!
Thanks for the Info ;-)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

My current system has 32GB of RAM and I am currently using approxx 30% most of the time.

I will at some point probably upgrade to a new CPU, Mobo and RAM and when I do will probably opt for 64GB so I can run a few more services on it.