harmser

How much RAM do you have installed in your unRAID server?

241 posts in this topic Last Reply

I bought an Dell R710 with 48 Gigs, I had 8 before that and 4 before that. I just kept needing more ram for a VM or Docker container.

Server 1 - DDR4 128GB REG ECC 2400mhz

Server 2 - DDR3 32GB ECC UDIMM 1600mhz

For now Kingston VR ECC UDIMM DDR4-2400 8GB Micron, enough in my usecase. Unless i will add more vm's.

Edited by SiNtEnEl

I have 16 gig in mine. But why do you not collect the system information in the background and anonymise it?

1 hour ago, NoobSpy said:

I have 16 gig in mine. But why do you not collect the system information in the background and anonymise it?

Because I, and MANY others, don't want any information leaving my system without my direct action. Submitting information voluntarily is fine, but background anything to do with collecting and submitting metadata is NOT ok with me.

• Like 1

Kingston VR ECC UDIMM DDR4-2400 16GB Micron, had to upgrade my memory due to memory starvation related crashes.

192GB DDR4 REG ECC way overkill but an leftover from when I was still running ESX with separate VM's for everything

with nearly everything running in Docker 64GB would be more than enough

64GB ECC

I like to play around a bit with Docker and VMs, so I picked up an old Dell R710 datacentre retiree for cheap. The seller said it had 32GB, which is what it showed when powered on. What he missed/forgot was it was running the memory in mirror mode, which meant two sets of 32GB. I turned mirror mode off since it's completely overkill for home use and now have 64GB available.

64GB but I want to re-build my server with more Cores and RAM in the future

Right now 32GB however, upgrading today to new board/cpu with 128GB.    Damned VM's keep wanting more lol.

64 gigs ECC because I had it just collecting dust on a shelf and it's nice to have headroom when I need to run some VMs.  Got a bunch spare too, limited by the number of slots on my board for now.

32 gigs because i use the vm functionality with gpu passthrough A LOT and running full windows and games needs the ram.

Only 256GB but have the ability up to 2TB ECC 3DS LRDIMM or 1TB ECC RDIMM. But thats minor details. O.o:D

16Gb, Dont really have memory issues.

CPU is limiting factor for me at the moment.

looking to upgrade.

Either 2gb or 4 I can't remember exactly....but I'm leaning towards two. But it only serves as file storage. Still rocking an amd sempron.

But I'll be upgrading soon to an I3-2100t with either four or eight gb of ddr3