openelec 4 + aeon nox 5 = awesome

binhex

ok this post may sound a little fanboi like  ;D, but i am loving openelec 4 and aeon nox 5 combo, for me its super fast, clean lines and just works!, i know there are known bugs in xbmc which are being addressed in 13.1 but right now this is working VERY well for me.

I think even playback of movies seems to be better syncd to my tv refresh rate (using resample audio option) with less judder on panning and faster skip fwd/rev as well.

i also make heavy use of tvheadend client and server in openelec and am extremely pleased to say that the crashing issue i have seen in openelec 3.x has also been resolved - a painful WAF reducing issue i must say!

i was actually considering changing my little zotac id41 box for an intel nuc due to slowness with aeon nox 4 skin (slow main menu navigation and slow navigation in movies) but now dont need to, bonus!.

i would be interested to hear what other people's experience is so far.

oh and btw i just found out that tvheadend actually can do multiple different streams from a single tuner if all the streams are on a single multiplex, pretty cool stuff, i dont remember wmc ever being able to do that trick?!  ::)

• 3 months later...