unRAID iOS App - MargaritaToGo 1.3 Released

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought it was called MargaritaToGo because i could take it remotely :/

what are you guys using for vpn??

OpenVPN on my router that runs Tomato USB.

The same.  Takes all of 5~10 seconds to check the servers.  Flick the switch to establish the VPN tunnel, open M2G see the server status.

This is off-topic, but I'm thinking of trying to setup a VPN at home, just for this application.  I have a netgear router and I think it supports this.

Given I've never setup a home vpn, is there a simple guide out there that you would recommend?

Forums, forums, forums. Best place for any help.

I would start off posting that same question in a Netgear or VPN forum.

Also, anyone that would offer you help will undoubtedly need your Netgear model and series/version number. Also include your ISP provider, ISP hardware (modem/Router) and level of service (down/up and static/dynamic IP).

May be a little overkill on the information but will reduce the number of questions asked and get right to the point of providing you help.

Cheers!

PS - there is great VPN info on this forum. Maybe Trurl or another hero member can provide some thread links. I'm out of pocket and on mobile at the moment. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies gang!  I think I'm going to take a look at Peter's plugin, in hopes that it is safe and easier to setup than a router end point setup.  I could be wrong about that however.

I'll have to read through the 24 page thread and see what I learn.  I hope this can work with a iphone and I would expect that either way, I will need to open a port on the router - right?

Will you be releasing a iPad version?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I might simply allow this app to run on iPad, will look into that for you.

+1

I wouldn't mind it fitting my iPad screen a little better. Other than that, works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speeding_ant. On the next release can you add a pull screen down to refresh connection. As Wi-Fi consumes a lot of battery I often turn it off and only when I open the app and get connection problem do I remember. Then I have to double click the home button to close the app and open it up again after turning my Wi-fi back on. A screen pulldown to refresh or reload will make things much faster as I can turn the Wi-fi back on and then pull the screen down to reload the app.

Speeding_ant. On the next release can you add a pull screen down to refresh connection. As Wi-Fi consumes a lot of battery I often turn it off and only when I open the app and get connection problem do I remember. Then I have to double click the home button to close the app and open it up again after turning my Wi-fi back on. A screen pulldown to refresh or reload will make things much faster as I can turn the Wi-fi back on and then pull the screen down to reload the app.

I'll look into that! I've got a big list of things to improve, will be working through those after I've finished a large work project.

Cheers

I'll look into that! I've got a big list of things to improve, will be working through those after I've finished a large work project.

Cheers

Thats great thanks, Obviously accessing the server info by 3G or 4G would be great but I'm not knowledgeable enough around VPN etc so it will have to stay on my Wi-Fi.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...