Working ITX Build - ASRock Z87E-ITX

Posting my working ITX build in case anyone was looking in to building one similar. I've had no problems with the ASRock Z87E-ITX. I haven't bothered trying to use the wireless nic.

NORCO ITX-S4 Black Server Case

Athena AP-MFATX40P8 400W PSU

ASRock Z87E-ITX

i3-4360 Haswell

Rosewill RCX-Z775-LP (Low Profile)

G.SKILL AEGIS 8GB (no raised heat sinks!)

4 4TB WD Reds

500gb Samsung 840 EVO

The Norco S4 is a great little case though it was no easy task getting the board mounted which involved partially dismantling the drive cage from the rear. I've been using it as Plex server without any hiccups so far.

• 9 months later...

i also built the Norco case with ASRock H97M-ITX with onboard wireless but do not know how to activate the wireless. Any luck with yours?

I don't believe UnRAID supports wireless cards.

I'm using the Z87E-ITX board as well and it's been very solid. I tossed the wireless card into an old laptop and use the mini PCIe for a dual sata card.

i also built the Norco case with ASRock H97M-ITX with onboard wireless but do not know how to activate the wireless. Any luck with yours?

I don't believe UnRAID supports wireless cards.

I'm using the Z87E-ITX board as well and it's been very solid. I tossed the wireless card into an old laptop and use the mini PCIe for a dual sata card.

Great idea with adding a SATA card to the mini PCIe slot! Was that just plug and play? No extra settings or issues to get the additional drives up and running?

Great idea with adding a SATA card to the mini PCIe slot! Was that just plug and play? No extra settings or issues to get the additional drives up and running?

Nothing fancy on my end, just plug and play. I picked it up from BPlus via Amazon. I only had a half mini PCIe slot to play with, so I made sure I found one of the shorter cards. Left my single PCIe available for a graphics card I could passthrough in a VM.