Boxee on unRAID box

I just found this Boxee software. Considering I know nothing about linux or Boxee (other than it runs on Linux), what are the odds of getting it to run on an unRAID box?

http://boxee.tv/

-travis

At quick glance, this looks like something you would install on an "receiving" computer and not a server.  It seems to be equivalent to XBMC or Media Center.. I may be wrong but going over the feature set and that it is advertised as a "cross-platform media center"

from wikipedia:

Boxee is a freeware cross-platform media center software with social networking features that is a fork of the open source XBMC media center software with some custom and closed source proprietary additions[2][3][4][5]. Marketed as the first ever "'Social Media Center", Boxee enables its users to view, rate and recommend content to their friends through many social networking features.

It does have a windows version if you wish to install it on your windows machine to try it out.

Cheers,

Matt

@paradochs, Biggy2872 is right, getting Boxee onto a stock unRAID is a very unlikely.  You can think of Boxee as a front-end while unRAID is just for behind-the-scenes file storage.  unRAID doesn't have the video or sound drivers required to operate as a front-end.  Additionally, it doesn't have the headers or sources required to build Boxee from source.  unRAID is the great out-of-sight-out-of-mind storage for all your movies and music that you'd want to feed Boxee.

BTW, Boxee does look pretty cool.  I managed to try the Windows alpha, and it's pretty slick.  However, I didn't think the video was as smooth as my current (old school) Meedio setup.

Boxee is based on XBMC code. I would stick with XBMC.

XBMC doesnt actually need THAT many things to compile since its uses itself for all the codecs etc. However it would be hard to make it work on uNRAID to say the least.

Then you have to work a way to remote control it and distribute the video output cause it makes absolutely no sense to have a NAS next to you TV for almost everyone.

Saying all that it would be very cool