Need new "cheap" motherboard to replaced my fried one

flixxx

Hi folks,

I've had unraid for years and my motherboard just gave out on me this weekend :(

It was an Asus p5wd2 premium board with an intel pentium D and DDR 2 ram... old i know but it did the job just great!

Now, I don't want to spend much because the above would mean i need new Ram, board and processor because nothing else will be compatible.

My requirements are really to have at least 4 Sata ports and a PCIe port to fir my Supermicro 8-Port SAS/SATA Card.

I was looking at this motherboard:  BIOSTAR NM70I-1037U

What are your opinions on this for an unraid server?

if interested I have this for sale. (I have posted on FS forum)

Motherboard: H8DME-2

Procs: AMD Opteron Quad Core 2346HE @ 1.8GHz

Ram: 8 GB using 4x2GB

this is a server class board , I am parting out my TAMs server as I need a full support for IOMMU

to do vrtualization, which this board does not have

but other than that it works nicely, and have IPMI

not sure what do you mean by cheap, I am looking to get some where around $140+SH for it

it also uses DDR2 ram but ECC

Thanks, that was my original plan but  due to the price of the motherboard, I thought maybe i can buy something newer at a similar price range (85-110$). Otherwise it's my plan B

if interested I have this for sale. (I have posted on FS forum)

Motherboard: H8DME-2

Procs: AMD Opteron Quad Core 2346HE @ 1.8GHz

Ram: 8 GB using 4x2GB

this is a server class board , I am parting out my TAMs server as I need a full support for IOMMU

to do vrtualization, which this board does not have

but other than that it works nicely, and have IPMI

not sure what do you mean by cheap, I am looking to get some where around $140+SH for it

it also uses DDR2 ram but ECC

Thanks vl1969, i'll take it into consideration. I imagine your motherboard is ready to run with no additional hardware required?

I was looking at this motherboard:  BIOSTAR NM70I-1037U

What are your opinions on this for an unraid server?

...with 4 ports to start from and the option to add another x16 PCIe card, I'd go for that one.

Power consumption will be very low compared to the other options mentioned before.

I am still running the smaller ancestor with a C847 (MSI C847MS-E33) in my TV-Recorder without any issues.

Archived