unRAID 6 Beta 6: Docker Quick-Start Guide

docker run -d -h Daedalus --name="sabnzbd" -v /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd:/config -v /mnt//user/data/ -p hostport:8080 -p hostport:9090 eschultz/docker-sabnzbd

In this case "Deadalus" is the name of your server, if not change that to match the name of your server.

-v /mnt//user/data/  is not correct.  First, remove the // and just use one /.  Next, you want whatever path in unRAID : what it will be called in the application.

So, for example /mnt/user/download:/download  would map your unRAID share "download" to show up as /download in SAB.

I, personally, use -v /mnt/user:/mnt/user, which lets SAB navigate exactly the same as I do in unRAID, which is just 'easier' for me, since it's always the same.  I do this in all my docker run commands.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

docker run -d -h Daedalus --name="sabnzbd" -v /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd:/config -v /mnt//user/data/ -p hostport:8080 -p hostport:9090 eschultz/docker-sabnzbd

In this case "Deadalus" is the name of your server, if not change that to match the name of your server.

It is :) Stargate reference :)

-v /mnt//user/data/  is not correct.  First, remove the // and just use one /.  Next, you want whatever path in unRAID : what it will be called in the application.

Good spot on the typo!

So, for example /mnt/user/download:/download  would map your unRAID share "download" to show up as /download in SAB.

I, personally, use -v /mnt/user:/mnt/user, which lets SAB navigate exactly the same as I do in unRAID, which is just 'easier' for me, since it's always the same.  I do this in all my docker run commands.

I'm not sure I fully understand, does this navigate to the data share e.g. data, media etc or to the download folder.  What is user for?

which lets SAB navigate exactly the same as I do in unRAID, which is just 'easier' for me, since it's always the same

As if you where using Windows explorer to navigate between the share folders?

I suggest you just put -v /mnt/user:/mnt/user, then run the command.  Once done, you can get into SAB, then it will make more sense to you.

However, to be more helpful, I'll try once more to explain.

In unRAID, all of your user shares are located at /mnt/user/WHATEVERYOURSHAREISCALLED

So, if you have a share called "data" in unraid, you would navigate to that at the command line by typing /mnt/user/data

What I'm suggesting is that you put /mnt/user on the left side of the colon, which can be considered 'the place in unRAID that you want to start your navigation'.  By doing this, you get to the 'base' of all your user shares.  i.e. any share you have in unRAID would be the next thing after /mnt/user, which means you'll have access to all your user shares in the docker by starting here.

You could put anything you want on the right side of the colon, and this would be what you type inside the docker to start navigating.  whatever you put on the right side of the colon 'is the same as "/mnt/user" in unRAID.

So if you put -v /mnt/user:/start for example, once you run SAB (or whatever program) inside the docker, your directory navigation would start with /start/WHATEVERYOURSHAREISCALLED

I just chose /mnt/user:/mnt/user because it keeps everything the same, no matter where I am trying to navigate.

no, just run this...

docker run -d --name="sabnzbd" -v /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd:/config -v /mnt/user:/mnt/user -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 8080:8080 -p 9090:9090 needo/sabnzbd

When that finishes type "Daedalus:8080" into your browser address bar (without the quotes)

Daedalus:8080 didn't work :(

STATUS              PORTS                                            NAMES

283fc79260dd        needo/sabnzbd:latest  /sbin/my_init      16 minutes ago      Up 16 minutes      0.0.0.0:8080->8080/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9090->9090/tcp  sabnzbd

Ok, is it the same to install the others?  Just different names?  E.g. couchpotato etc.

Basically, change the name, the location of the config file, and the port(s) depending on each app you want to run.

Daedalus:8080 didn't work :(

STATUS              PORTS                                            NAMES

283fc79260dd        needo/sabnzbd:latest  /sbin/my_init      16 minutes ago      Up 16 minutes      0.0.0.0:8080->8080/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9090->9090/tcp  sabnzbd

If you type Deadalus into your browser address bar, do you get the unRAID GUI?

if so, then there might be a permissions issue with the config location.  I had a similar problem with nzbdrone, and ended up just going to bed.  When I got up in the morning, it was working; no idea why.

let's continue this in the other thread.  If you read that one, I think you'll find some commands to fix permissions.  Something like

chmod -R 777 on your config directory

and

chown -R nobody:users on your config directory

****do NOT just copy/paste those into your command line.  You could really screw things up.  Those are just to show you what you need to do, but specific to your system.

Or, you could install the plugin I mentioned, and it will help you remove containers, and create new ones based on templates, which should hopefully have permissions more 'correct'

if you still need help, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for needo, as they are his containers you're trying to install.

You guys ever figure this out?

I tried needos version and nothing gets written to config dir.. just the folder sabnzbd.  So the url didnt even work.

I had more luck with eschultz' version.. but for some reason it could not store anything in the download folders.  It downloaded files fine.  wrote to incomplete directory.  it even seems to be writing downloads somewhere... but I have no idea where they are going. 

errr... never mind.  this just worked for me.

docker run -d -h Houston --name="sabnzbd" -v /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd:/config -v /mnt/user:/mnt/user -p 8080:8080 -p 9090:9090 eschultz/docker-sabnzbd

Thanks fellas.

I just wanted to add one other thing.. and why I love unraid and this community so much.  I started using unraid in May 2012.  I learned a ton about linux and some great utilities in the process.  About a week ago, I asked.. what's all this VM stuff about?  Having not been on this forum in over a year because all was working great.  Less than a week later, I've upgraded to the latest Unraid v6 and have 3 docker containers running like clock work.  You guys are awesome and I keep learning a ton from all of you.

Thanks!!!

And special thanks GFJARDIM for making my testing in the last 24 hours super easy with your docker plugin and your Crashplan container is exactly what I was looking for.  Now I can finally turn off my editing workstation and let Unraid handle the crashplan backup!!

containers-working-great.jpg.714631834b93433165a9b09bc04a5346.jpg

I just wanted to add one other thing.. and why I love unraid and this community so much.  I started using unraid in May 2012.  I learned a ton about linux and some great utilities in the process.

Docker = Loading any other Linux Distro but Slackware so we can use it's Package Manager.

Maybe if we are lucky unRAID 7 will be in real Linux Server Distro so we do not have to depend on Docker. Instead, we can type "yum install couchpotato" or click an App in a "Web Store" that is a one click install.

About a week ago, I asked.. what's all this VM stuff about?

1. Docker 1.0 came out a couple of weeks ago so for a long time VMs was are only option. Like Docker, we needed access to any other Linux Distro but Slackware and a Package Manager and VMs allow us.

2. VMs have / will continue to serve a purpose. For example, if you want to have 3 XBMCs in one Server, Windows, OSX, Linux Desktop, etc. or running a complex applications like a usenet indexer.

Ok I have Sabnzbd up and running. It writes to a directory like I want it to.

My problem is with Sickbeard.

All of my TV shows are on my unraid 5 server "Server01"

the dockerapps are running on my unraid 6 server "Tower"

Sickbeard cannot seem to address a directory outside its docker environment.

How do I set up a share to my "Server01" directory?

this is the docker app I installed

docker run -d -h tower --name="sickbeard" -v /mnt/cache/appdata/sickbeard:/config -v /mnt/usr:/data -p 8081:8081 eschultz/docker-sickbeard

It works it just can see anything.

So that is Plex server? So so I need a pass membership to use this?

I dont think so, but that is a question best left / addressed to needo - I'm pretty sure you can still use it just wont be able to login for additional features....

so far so good! I've successfully migrated sabnzbd/couchpotato and nzbdrone to docker. My unraid system is "cleaner", the only plugin i've kept is apcupsd. I will also try xbmc headless which was a nightmare to get running with the standard  plugins system. I'm also looking for a docker with spotweb, but so far i've not been able to find one  :(

Can you outline the migration process? is it just get it running in docker and then transfer all existing files to new docker location and restart app?

I am looking to migrate all from existing unplugged plugins to docker version but want to keep all existing databases etc for all apps (sickbeard/couchpotato/plex etc)

thanks in advance