unRAID 6 Beta 6: Docker Quick-Start Guide

docker run -d -h Tower --name="sabnzbd" -v /mnt/cache/Apps/sabnzb:/config -v /mnt/user/Download:/Download -p 8080:8080 eschultz/docker-sabnzbd

docker run -d -h Tower --name="couchpotato" -v /mnt/cache/Apps/couchpotato:/config -v /mnt/user/Download:/Download -v /mnt/user/Media:/Media -p 5050:5050 eschultz/docker-couchpotato

docker run -d -h Tower --name="sickbeard" -v /mnt/cache/Apps/sickbeard:/config -v /mnt/user/Download:/Download -v /mnt/user/Media:/Media -p 8081:8081 eschultz/docker-sickbeard

docker run -d  --net="host" --name="plex" -v /mnt/cache/Apps/plex:/config -v /mnt/user/Media:/Media -p 32400:32400 eschultz/docker-plex

Now Sickbeard and SABnzbd seem to work fine.

Couchpotato and plex just don't seem to work for me at all.

Did you modify the stuff after the : yourself? (i made it red/bold) You shouldn't be, since inside the container, the app is looking for whatever that folder name is. So if you change something like :/Data to :/a/path/i/like, then the app inside doesn't understand it correctly, unless you go back in and update it yourself. If you can even do that, now you are stuck having to constantly do that every time.

Otherwise, it does look like they start and then quickly exit (one has 1, one has 0, you can probably look those up as reasons for exiting).

I'd take out all the "extra" options you might have, and start as simple and easy as possible, just to get them running (and keep running)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't get needo's dockers to work on my machine, but sensei73's and eschultz's worked right away, I don't know what I'm doing wrong with needo's but right now I'm using sensei73's sab, couchp, and drone, It would be great that you could add headphones

My Ubuntu VM has gone belly up and will no longer boot, so it looks like I get to start over setting up all my apps.  Sounds like a great time to update to Beta 6 and try out Docker!  So far I've gotten NZBDrone up and running using Needo's Docker.  I must say this looks like it's going to be really cool.  I do need some help however accessing my shares, so I can configure NZBDrone.  Here is my situation:

I have 2 UnRAID servers, Tower (Production data running 5.0.5) and TowerB (running 6.0 Beta6).  After getting rid of my corrupt VM I decided to reboot into the standard UnRAID OS option, since it doesn't sound like I really need Xen any longer.  Please let me know if this is a mistake and I should be doing this another way.

Next I installed Needo's NZBDrone Docker and that is working great.  Now here is where I have my real issue.  I can't figure out how to access the shares on Tower.  I thought it would be similar to what I did on my VM by adding entries to /etc/fstab pointing to the shares on the other server.  However that doesn't work and when I reboot UnRAID the entries disappear out of /etc/fstab.  So what am I doing wrong and how do I make this work?

Thanks,

Doug

Now here is where I have my real issue.  I can't figure out how to access the shares on Tower.  I thought it would be similar to what I did on my VM by adding entries to /etc/fstab pointing to the shares on the other server.  However that doesn't work and when I reboot UnRAID the entries disappear out of /etc/fstab.  So what am I doing wrong and how do I make this work?

I assume you mean how to access the shares on TowerB, since that's where the dockers are installed.

You shouldn't need to do anything with fstab to setup your docker stuff.

In nzbdrone, you should access your shares by navigating to /mnt/user/whateverdirectorynecessary

If I'm misunderstanding, perhaps you can explain a bit more what the problem is.

Now here is where I have my real issue.  I can't figure out how to access the shares on Tower.  I thought it would be similar to what I did on my VM by adding entries to /etc/fstab pointing to the shares on the other server.  However that doesn't work and when I reboot UnRAID the entries disappear out of /etc/fstab.  So what am I doing wrong and how do I make this work?

I assume you mean how to access the shares on TowerB, since that's where the dockers are installed.

You shouldn't need to do anything with fstab to setup your docker stuff.

In nzbdrone, you should access your shares by navigating to /mnt/user/whateverdirectorynecessary

If I'm misunderstanding, perhaps you can explain a bit more what the problem is.

I need the Docker running on TowerB to be able to access my shares on Tower.  All my shows are over on the other Server.

I don't use to servers, so I can't say anything for sure, but how do you access shares on Tower from TowerB normally?

I don't normally and I think that's part of the problem.  In the VM setup it was easy, I think because of autofs or cifs or something like that.  That doesn't seem to work here though.

how did you do it in the VM, with fstab; the exact syntax you used?  Are they 2 separate boxes, each with their own IP address, or is one virtualized?

in the docker run command, you have /mnt/user:/mnt/user

this says in the DOM0 (the unraid6 system), point the /mnt/user location to /mnt/user in the docker application.

if you had /mnt/user:/download (as an example), then it would point /mnt/user from unraid to a location that starts with /download in your application.  You're basically just telling the docker app the starting point from unraid, and telling it how you want to address it in the app.

Without knowing how you address the Tower shares from the TowerB install, I can't help you with the syntax for the run command.

I hope that makes sense.

I got it to work with this:

mount.cifs //192.168.1.12/movies/ /mnt/user/movies -o guest

Also had to add that to my GO file so it remounts on boot.

Doug

This causes my server to hang on shutdown or reboot.  What do I need to do so they unmount automatically on reboot?

I got it to work with this:

mount.cifs //192.168.1.12/movies/ /mnt/user/movies -o guest

Also had to add that to my GO file so it remounts on boot.

Doug

This causes my server to hang on shutdown or reboot.  What do I need to do so they unmount automatically on reboot?

Take a look at this powerdown package. It supports automatic execution of shutdown scripts. You will have to create a script to umount the network mount.

Yes, all I see is:

"you can specify your install path for Docker and start/stop the service. Be sure to click "apply" after changing this path and then click start" to install the Docker service and start it for the first time (this is really fast)."

Done.  But nothing starts.  I read up on what Btrfs is else where.  I've re-read the page at least ten times and cannot find any other instructions other than initial setup, install path, Btrfs requirements and app installation.  What am I not seeing/overlooking?

Yes, all I see is:

"you can specify your install path for Docker and start/stop the service. Be sure to click "apply" after changing this path and then click start" to install the Docker service and start it for the first time (this is really fast)."

Done.  But nothing starts.  I read up on what Btrfs is else where.  I've re-read the page at least ten times and cannot find any other instructions other than initial setup, install path, Btrfs requirements and app installation.  What am I not seeing/overlooking?

Prior to first use and for best performance, we require that you install Docker to a Btrfs drive or pool.  For more on Btrfs in unRAID 6 Beta 6, see the Btrfs Quick-Start Guide (being posted soon).

Btrfs Quick-Start Guide

In order to make use of Btrfs in unRAID 6, you first have to select a non-array drive to format as Btrfs.  If you are an unRAID Plus or Pro user, this can be done with your cache drive benefit in the unRAID webGUI, but if you are a Basic user or wish to use another non-array partition other than your existing cache drive to test out Btrfs, you will need to follow instructions for the manual method.  This guide will instruct you on how to setup Btrfs on one device and how to create a Btrfs pool of multiple devices.  You can use either HDD or SSD drives for Btrfs, although most use cases for Btrfs benefit from the use of SSDs...

and my post, further down in that thread, explaining exactly how I did this...

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33806.msg312677#msg312677

How do I edit Sabnzbd config file?  I keep getting Access denied.

Normally, from within SABnzbd, you just change the settings, which updates the config file.

Ok, thanks. I'm starting from scratch now.  I've reformatted the drive :)

Is this correct?

docker run -d -h Daedalus --name="sabnzbd" -v /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd:/config -v /mnt//user/data/ -p hostport:8080 -p hostport:9090 eschultz/docker-sabnzbd

Hostname is the name of the server, correct? Or?

/mnt//user/data - is that the share location? E.g. A share called data?

Thanks for your help  ;D