Dockerization of some popular applications.

I am curious if we can find a way to be more generic with:

RUN ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT /etc/localtime

If I understand what I am seeing this sets the timezone to UTC/GMT -5 hours which is pretty specific.

Yes, I'm looking into a way to make this able to be set from the docker run command. This is my timezone. And I was being a bit lazy as I wanted to get things back online as quickly as possible once my Xen VM bit the dust. :)

EDIT: I found a simple way to do this! Updates coming soon!

Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing your solution, as i'm still working on setting up my own dockerfiles, and plan to 'borrow' your fix :)

If I understand what I am seeing this sets the timezone to UTC/GMT -5 hours which is pretty specific.

what i do is pass /etc/localtime to the containter ... so, it would look something like

docker run -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro <all other switches> needo/nzbget

what i do is pass /etc/localtime to the containter ... so, it would look something like

docker run -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro <all other switches> needo/nzbget

That's the same solution I came up with. Way to take the wind out of my sails. :)

CHANGELOG

06/22/2014

• (All) Removed timezone symlink. Please use -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro to use the same timezone as your unRAID system
  • (CouchPotato) Removed git for the install and use the latest stable v2.4.0 release
  • (plexWatch) Removed git for the install and use the latest stable v1.5.4.2 release
  • (nzbmegasearch) Removed git for the install and use the latest stable v0.46 release
  • (All) Updated documentation

Are there any plans for SAB and Sickbeard? Since you've done Couch it would be great to have a single creator for all the docker files commonly used.

Those are on my list for tomorrow. I also want to add a torrent client to the mix as well as sickrage. Then work on some of the requests people have made in the thread.

Are there any plans for SAB and Sickbeard? Since you've done Couch it would be great to have a single creator for all the docker files commonly used.

Those are on my list for tomorrow. I also want to add a torrent client to the mix as well as sickrage. Then work on some of the requests people have made in the thread.

Awesome.

Thanks for putting the effort into all of these.

I will reiterate the need for Transmission. I am curious ('cause I'm thinking about switching): what made you choose NZBGet vs SABNzbd, and NZBDrone vs SickBeard? Thanks.

If someone is looking at transmission then you should consider bundling it with flexget.

I will reiterate the need for Transmission. Also CrashPlan. I am curious ('cause I'm thinking about switching): what made you choose NZBGet vs SABNzbd, and NZBDrone vs SickBeard? Thanks.

I am working on transmission and deluge as we speak.

I chose nzbget over sabnzbd because nzbget is faster and has a smaller hardware footprint.

I chose nzbdrone over sickbeard (I used sickbeard for years) due to it being able to monitor downloads and blacklist failed ones.

Interesting. Being able to blacklist failed download sources would be awesome. Now, about NZBMegaSearch. As near as I can tell from some Googling, it appears to be a local nzb search aggregator. Is that correct? What does it do?

Any possibility on a CrashPlan docker?

Thank you for crafting all this code for our benefit!

Interesting. Being able to blacklist failed download sources would be awesome. Now, about NZBMegaSearch. As near as I can tell from some Googling, it appears to be a local nzb search aggregator. Is that correct? What does it do?

It is but there are some issues with it and the Dev has fallen off the face of the Earth.

Any possibility on a CrashPlan docker?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33864.0

Thank you for crafting all this code for our benefit!

The quality and rate you are putting these out is a testament to both yourself and Docker itself.

You have nearly covered the entire gamut of apps most people want here. As stated previously the fact they are Debian based makes them superior in my book.

Other docks to consider:

mysql or mariadb

headless xbmc (this one might be a problem on Debian)

flexget (can it be done without pip hmm?)

Kudos