Dockerization of some popular applications.

yes you can

docker run phusion/baseimage:0.9.11 /bin/bash

you will get launched into that basimage once it is downloaded

Just a point of clarification. As these docks are based on this image if you have used one of them you already have this image and have zero to donwload. Docker will know this and it will automagically work.

awesome stuff eh :)

Maybe someone here will have an idea of how to fix this.

I created a mariadb container using:

docker run -d --name=mariadb -v /mnt/cache/appdata/mariadb:/db -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 3306:3306 needo/mariadb

However, when I try to connect to it using mysql, I get the following:

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/appdata# mysql -u root
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

As an extra data point, here are the logs for the mariadb container:

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/appdata# docker logs mariadb
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
No SSH host key available. Generating one...
Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ED25519 key; this may take some time ...
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 93
Database exists.
Starting MariaDB...
140626 10:50:24 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
140626 10:50:24 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /db

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)

Add a -h localhost. This creates a connection over port 3306 and not over UNIX sockets.

So it should look like this...

mysql -u root -h localhost

Add a -h localhost. This creates a connection over port 3306 and not over UNIX sockets.

So it should look like this...

mysql -u root -h localhost

Hmm, that didn't work, but this did:

mysql -u root -h 127.0.0.1

Someone can probably educate me on this one (I thought 'localhost' and '127.0.0.1' equated to the same thing)

Just installed your new and improved Phusion-based docker apps. SABnzbd is giving me this message now: "Your UNRAR version is not recommended, get it from http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm" Is this going to be a problem? If not, is there any way to suppress that nag message?

The latest version of my Docks now install the non-free version of unrar. Can you please give it a shot?

Awesome! That did the trick. Thanks again. I am currently using NZBDrone (which is excellent by the way), SABnzbd and Deluge. So far so good. No other bugs noted. Thanks for the great apps.

Somebody already said this but it bears repeating: On each docker command, after the other disk mounts required by the dock, if you add "—v /mnt/user:/mnt/user" you get full share access so you can configure your directories however you please as usual.

I'm still having problems with needo/nzbget

I have tried a few times setting this up and still not being able to login properly is puzzling

But what i noticed is the directories is not being properly created.  Some of the time i am missing the "dst folder" and other times its just the "dst folder"

First I made an "apps" cache only share

Then created the following directories:

mkdir /mnt/cache/apps/nzbget
mkdir /mnt/cache/apps/downloads

Then ran the nobody users command for each directory

chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/apps/nzbget
chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/apps/downlads

Lastly ran the docker run command

docker run -d --net=host --name="nzbget" -v /mnt/cache/apps/nzbget:/config -v /mnt/cache/apps/downloads:/downloads -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 6789:6789 needo/nzbget

looking for some guidance on how to set this up properly.

Thanks for the hard work.  Everything is working well.  I just noticed some weird formatting on your docker hub pages with the quotation marks and dashes.  Maybe put the docker commands  in between code tags

<code class="bash">docker run -d --net="host" --name="couchpotato" -v /path/to/couchpotato/data:/config -v /path/to/downloads:/downloads -v /path/to/movies:/movies -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e EDGE=1 -p 5050:5050 needo/couchpotato</code>

so they can be copied and pasted. And there was typo, a space bewteen download and s in the above example.

i can't get nzbget to show me the webgui.

it seems i have to insert the correct path to the webgui in the nzbget.conf file, but what is the correct path? (with no path set, i get a 503 error)

also, when a docker is started with --net="host" you don't need the -p parameter for the ports. in fact, in this case, the parameter is ignored.

Okay this is probably going to be a dumb question and I'm sure it won't be the last.  After installing the nzbdrone docker how do I get to the webGUI?

Here is the docker command I used:

docker run -d --name="nzbdrone" -h towerb -v /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbdrone:/config -v /mnt/user:/mnt/user -p 9989:8989 needo/nzbdrone

I can see that nzbdrone is running via docker ps:

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                   COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
e1254e38cefc        needo/nzbdrone:latest   /sbin/my_init       8 minutes ago       Up 8 minutes        0.0.0.0:9989->8989/tcp   nzbdrone

I've tried:

<IP Address>:9989

towerb:9989

<IP Address>:8989

towerb:8989

All I get back is that the page isn't found.

What am i doing wrong?

Doug

i can't get nzbget to show me the webgui.

it seems i have to insert the correct path to the webgui in the nzbget.conf file, but what is the correct path? (with no path set, i get a 503 error)

also, when a docker is started with --net="host" you don't need the -p parameter for the ports. in fact, in this case, the parameter is ignored.

Can you please post your docker run command as well as the output of docker logs nzbget?

Okay this is probably going to be a dumb question and I'm sure it won't be the last.  After installing the nzbdrone docker how do I get to the webGUI?

docker run -d --name="nzbdrone" -h towerb -v /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbdrone:/config -v /mnt/user:/mnt/user -p 9989:8989 needo/nzbdrone

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                   COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
e1254e38cefc        needo/nzbdrone:latest   /sbin/my_init       8 minutes ago       Up 8 minutes        0.0.0.0:9989->8989/tcp   nzbdrone

I've tried:

What am i doing wrong?

Doug

Can you please post the output of docker logs nzbdrone?

Nice work needo!

Unfortunately I am having trouble with the plex container, and so I am hoping the collective group can set me straight.

I am unable to connect to plex once I get a container started using:

docker run -d  --net="host" --name="plex" -v /mnt/appdisk/plex:/config -v /mnt/user:/data -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 32400:32400 needo/plex

Looking at the logs from within the plex container, I am getting seg faults.  And when I restart from the ground up and watch the terminal output interactively as the container comes up, I see the following progression (with the last bit Ad nauseam):

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
No SSH host key available. Generating one...
Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ED25519 key; this may take some time ...
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh...
Version not specified.
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 107
6 3000 /config/Library/Application Support
unlimited
Segmentation fault
6 3000 /config/Library/Application Support
unlimited
Segmentation fault

I am able to use the eshultz/plex tag in the meantime, but I would like to make a switch to this more minimalist approach that needo has created.  My skill set is very limited when it comes to diagnosing within these containers, but I can follow orders well :)  Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi needo! Thanks for the hard work. My mariadb container has been working great since your update.

I have one issue though, there doesn't seem to be unrar installed in your couchpotato and sickrage containers, and they're struggling with a few downloads... Anyway to add it manually? Or do you plan on adding it to your dockerfiles anytime soon?

Also, if you're looking for some new app to dockerize, I would love a btsync and a crashplan container ;)

Thanks again! I love the unraid community thanks to guys like you :)

I've tried:

What am i doing wrong?

Doug

Can you please post the output of docker logs nzbdrone?

Okay after going back through the thread I found the problem.  My /appdata/nzbdrone folder didn't have write permissions.  I did the chmod -R 777 command on it and it started right up.

Thanks!

Okay - fixed this thanks to dougnliz's recent post.  I had previously tried granting ownership of the container's /config location to unraid-plex:users, but I didn't realize that wouldn't be enough.  chmod -R 777 worked.

Thank you.

Hi needo! Thanks for the hard work. My mariadb container has been working great since your update.

I have one issue though, there doesn't seem to be unrar installed in your couchpotato and sickrage containers, and they're struggling with a few downloads... Anyway to add it manually? Or do you plan on adding it to your dockerfiles anytime soon?

Also, if you're looking for some new app to dockerize, I would love a btsync and a crashplan container ;)

Getting this in the logs with nzbget

nzbget.conf(49): Invalid value for option "InterDir" (/nonexistent/downloads/inter/): could not create directory :

nzbget.conf(70): Invalid value for option "TempDir" (/nonexistent/downloads/tmp/): could not create directory :

nzbget.conf(67): Invalid value for option "QueueDir" (/nonexistent/downloads/queue/): could not create directory :

nzbget.conf(61): Invalid value for option "NzbDir" (/nonexistent/downloads/nzb/): could not create directory :

I've probably done something wrong but i'm having trouble seeing what. :D

Odd. couchpotato and sickbeard have never required unrar for me. It is easy enough to add. (They are included in sabnzbd and nzbget.

Getting this in the logs with nzbget

nzbget.conf(49): Invalid value for option "InterDir" (/nonexistent/downloads/inter/): could not create directory :

nzbget.conf(70): Invalid value for option "TempDir" (/nonexistent/downloads/tmp/): could not create directory :

nzbget.conf(67): Invalid value for option "QueueDir" (/nonexistent/downloads/queue/): could not create directory :

nzbget.conf(61): Invalid value for option "NzbDir" (/nonexistent/downloads/nzb/): could not create directory :

I've probably done something wrong but i'm having trouble seeing what. :D

I found the error. I am pushing a new fix to github. But if you don't want to wait edit your nzbget.conf file and change Maindir - ~/downloads to just /downloads

I can log in but get the error "503 Service Unavailable"

docker run -d --net="host" --name="nzbget" -v /mnt/user/apps/nzbget:/config -v /mnt/user/apps/downloads -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro needo/nzbget

{"log":"*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2014-06-28T11:49:47.459175063Z"}
{"log":"No SSH host key available. Generating one...\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2014-06-28T11:49:47.515070504Z"}
{"log":"Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2014-06-28T11:49:48.505340591Z"}
{"log":"Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2014-06-28T11:49:48.619594763Z"}
{"log":"Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2014-06-28T11:49:48.626448495Z"}
{"log":"Creating SSH2 ED25519 key; this may take some time ...\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2014-06-28T11:49:48.634564402Z"}
{"log":"invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2014-06-28T11:49:49.207429777Z"}
{"log":"*** Running /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh...\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2014-06-28T11:49:49.268398814Z"}
{"log":"*** Running /etc/rc.local...\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2014-06-28T11:49:49.334505073Z"}
{"log":"*** Booting runit daemon...\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2014-06-28T11:49:49.346987042Z"}
{"log":"*** Runit started as PID 98\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2014-06-28T11:49:49.351723825Z"}