Dockerization of some popular applications.

4) Then browse to http://10.1.1.20:8080/plexWatch and configure the server connection and database location:

However, the database and plexWatch.log files never get created.  I'm at a loss.

The path should be /plexWatch/plexWatch.db but it won't work if the db is not being created.

In your config.pl check to make sure these settings match:

$data_dir = '/plexWatch'; ## to store the DB, logfile - can be the same as this
script

$server_log = '/logs/Plex Media Server.log'; ## used to log IP address of user (
alpha)
$log_client_ip = 1; ## requires $server_log to be available too. (requires File:
:ReadBackwards)
            ## also required DEBUG log to be turned on in the PMS

$debug_logging = 1; ## logs to $data_dir/debug.log ( not verbose enough yet.. st
ill todo )

## myplex user/pass ONLY required if you have set the PMS to 'Require authentica
tion on local networks' and $server is not set to localhost
$myPlex_user = '';
$myPlex_pass = '';

$server = 'localhost'; ## IP of PMS - or localhost
$port = 32400;         ## port of PMS

Thank you!!  Thank you!!  That did it!

Also, is it possible to change the port?  I would like to keep unMenu, and it runs on 8080.

No idea on the other issues, but this is easy fix.    Simply change the left side of the -p option to be the port you want to use at the unRAID level.  .i.e.

-p 9090:8080

would mean that the port on the unRAID side would now be 9090 instead of 8080, while the app inside the container would still think it is using 8080. 

Thanks. I actually tried that.  It didnt respond on the port I selected (8181), but it did still respond on 8080.

I updated UnMENU to use port 8000 so that there was no conflict. I had asked how to do this in the UnMENU forum and got:

Add this line to your unmenu_local.conf :

Code: [select]

MyPort = 8000

You'll have to restart unmenu for it to take effect.

This worked great and allows me to use the standard ports for each of my apps.

Thank you!  That worked.

I'm still trying to nail down this issue. So far, I have tried looking up a show in the following:

• Building needo/sickrage on another machine. This worked with some small modifications (needed to install virtualenv via pip).
  • Building needo/sickbeard on unraid machine. This worked, no changes.
  • Building needo/sickrage on unraid machine, both EDGE=0 and EDGE=1. Neither of these worked.

I am clueless why sickrage will not pull from tvdb or tvrage.  Anything else I can try?

I installed a fresh copy of sickrage tonight and I am unable to duplicate the issue...

I do not know why this is not working for you.

What version of unraid are you running? I am running 6b6. Perhaps the latest unraid kernel is somehow the issue?

edit: oops, replied in the quote

needo, not sure if you saw this, just wondering what version of unraid you are running on. Thanks.

needo, not sure if you saw this, just wondering what version of unraid you are running on. Thanks.

I am running 6b6.

I found my issue. I was sharing an unraid share that contained my sickrage config directory. I wanted my configs to be persistant, even if my cache drive dies, since docker containers can just be re-deployed easily. Looks like I'll have to find another way to do backups of my configs for sickrage/plexmediaserver/etc. Oddly, plex media server wasn't having the same issues, but I noticed sluggishness, which might have been caused from unraid trying to spin up drives.

I ended up talking with the maintainer of sickrage and walking thru code to figure out the issue... over a simple user error. Bah!  :-\

I wanted my configs to be persistant, even if my cache drive dies, since docker containers can just be re-deployed easily. Looks like I'll have to find another way to do backups of my configs for sickrage/plexmediaserver/etc. 

Look at this topic for a way to maintain backups of your app configs:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31246.msg282114#msg282114

Yeah, I was going to do something similar. Because Plex is insane with its file cache, I was going to do a tar -zcf instead of rsync. Rsync takes a bit of time since there is, what seems, like 10k files.

Does the plex (plexpass) docker work if I only have a free plex account? or will it only work if I have a plexpass account?

Yes it will work if you have a free plex account. By default it will install the latest plexpass version. If you want to run the latest non-plexpass version you will need to specify the version variable in the docker run command. That procedure is documented here:

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/needo/plex/

same for me with nzbmegasearch

"docker logs -f nzbmegasearch" returns

python: can't open file '/opt/NZBmegasearch/mega2.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

and for deluge

os.makedirs(self.dir)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 157, in makedirs

mkdir(name, mode)

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/config/icons'

chmod -R 777 on the appdata directories but no effect.

That's just odd when it comes to nzbmegasearch. I'll take a look.

Please post the docker run command you are using to run deluge as well as a full ls -lsa of the configuration directory.

I am also having the issue of

python: can't open file '/opt/NZBmegasearch/mega2.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

did you work out the cause?

markyboy

just start the docker again and once you did do a docker logs -f <apname>

it will open a rotating log file and watch for any git error .....

it happens sometimes to me too due to git being swamped or my internet connection not being able to reach git for some reason

once it gives an error do a ctrl-c to stop the log from rotating and copy paste the error here .....

but chances are when you try a second or third time that it will install ......

what you are seeing is the problem with needo's edge system ... it deletes the install dir and does do a git clone .....

gfjardim proposed a workaround for this a few posts up...

to first check if there is a .git file .... if there is to do a git pull instead of a git clone .....

this would save bandwidth and in the case that github is not reachable you will still have the older version to work with ....

with gfjardims workaround you would only once have to delete that install directory the first time you decide to use edge=1

I am not seeing any errors apart from the file not found.....

i completely remove container and images before trying again, i have tried with and without edge

1 thing i have just noticed is that on the docker hub it says..

"path to config file"

I have put the path to the config folder in all other docker apps? should this be to an actual file?

also the file is not being created in the config folder

is there any way to verbose the installation so i can see anything more than just download complete for each part f the docker app?

getting frustrated now :(

I am not seeing any errors apart from the file not found.....

i completely remove container and images before trying again, i have tried with and without edge

1 thing i have just noticed is that on the docker hub it says..

"path to config file"

I have put the path to the config folder in all other docker apps? should this be to an actual file?

also the file is not being created in the config folder

is there any way to verbose the installation so i can see anything more than just download complete for each part f the docker app?

getting frustrated now :(

I fixed some issues. Please run the following.

docker stop nzbmegasearch

docker rm nzbmegasearch

docker rmi needo/nzbmegasearch

And then use the docker run command again.

(Or use the excellent docker plugin in another thread.)

Thank you.

I am using the greta Docker Plugin.....

here is the run command it generates

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="NZBMegaSearch" --net="bridge" -e EDGE="1" -p 5000:5000/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/docker/appdata/nzbmegasearch/":"/config":rw -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro needo/nzbmegasearch

Unable to find image 'needo/nzbmegasearch' locally
Pulling repository needo/nzbmegasearch
b9e58a24605a7e3d5a03c808aff32f47a988885ebe527c33cb9af5bbea9f40af
The command finished successfully!

should the config file get created in my nzbmegasearch folder? as its not currently

also once created here is the log

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker logs NZBMegaSearch

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
No SSH host key available. Generating one...
Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ED25519 key; this may take some time ...
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/edge.sh...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following extra packages will be installed:
git-man liberror-perl patch rsync
Suggested packages:
gettext-base git-daemon-run git-daemon-sysvinit git-doc git-el git-email
git-gui gitk gitweb git-arch git-bzr git-cvs git-mediawiki git-svn ed
diffutils-doc
The following NEW packages will be installed:
git git-man liberror-perl patch rsync
0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
Need to get 3642 kB of archives.
After this operation, 22.5 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main rsync amd64 3.1.0-2ubuntu0.1 [283 kB]
Get:2 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main liberror-perl all 0.17-1.1 [21.1 kB]
Get:3 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main git-man all 1:1.9.1-1 [698 kB]
Get:4 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main git amd64 1:1.9.1-1 [2555 kB]
Get:5 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main patch amd64 2.7.1-4ubuntu1 [84.4 kB]
Fetched 3642 kB in 1s (1912 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package rsync.
(Reading database ... 16116 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../rsync_3.1.0-2ubuntu0.1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking rsync (3.1.0-2ubuntu0.1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package liberror-perl.
Preparing to unpack .../liberror-perl_0.17-1.1_all.deb ...
Unpacking liberror-perl (0.17-1.1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package git-man.
Preparing to unpack .../git-man_1%3a1.9.1-1_all.deb ...
Unpacking git-man (1:1.9.1-1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package git.
Preparing to unpack .../git_1%3a1.9.1-1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking git (1:1.9.1-1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package patch.
Preparing to unpack .../patch_2.7.1-4ubuntu1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking patch (2.7.1-4ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...
Setting up rsync (3.1.0-2ubuntu0.1) ...
Removing any system startup links for /etc/init.d/rsync ...
update-rc.d: warning: default stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6) do not match rsync Default-Stop values (none)
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/rsync ...
/etc/rc0.d/K20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc1.d/K20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc6.d/K20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc2.d/S20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc3.d/S20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc4.d/S20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc5.d/S20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.
Setting up liberror-perl (0.17-1.1) ...
Setting up git-man (1:1.9.1-1) ...
Setting up git (1:1.9.1-1) ...
Setting up patch (2.7.1-4ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...
fatal: destination path '/opt' already exists and is not an empty directory.
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/opt/NZBmegasearch/custom_params.ini': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/opt/NZBmegasearch': No such file or directory
*** /etc/my_init.d/edge.sh failed with status 1
*** Killing all processes...
The command finished successfully!

sorry, but still not working :(

Does anyone else have a problem with the pop up messages on the NZBDrone GUI getting "stuck"?  For example if I search an automatic search, the bubble pops up to say it's starting the search, but it never updates or goes away after that.  Not a big deal, just kind of annoying.

I have that as well. I have not yet figured out what causes it.

Unsure if this will be of any help, but I resolved my stuck message issue by using sensei73's nzbdrone docker. I was attempting to add a downloader, but the test never passed and the message in the bottom wouldn't go away without Xing out of it. Log showed a connection issue, but nothing that clearly showed why. I never noticed the exact problem dougnliz describes, mainly due to never getting past the Sab connection issue.

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/sensei73/nzbdrone/

Here are the docker run commands I used, just change out sensei73 for needo and you'll have the same command I was using (used gfjardim plugin for this):

/usr/bin/docker run -d --name="nzbdrone" --net="bridge" -p 8989:8989/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/nzbdrone":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/downloads/":"/downloads":rw -v "/mnt/user/Media/TVShows":"/tv":rw -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro sensei73/nzbdrone

The message no longer gets stuck and I can actually connect to Sabnzbd now using the same API key, same Host, same Port and same category as attempted with needos.

I'll eventually dive into docker's more, as I want to learn the creation process, but hopefully this will help someone find the issue by comparing the differences. sensei73's is on NzbDrone Ver. 2.0.0.1632, which I believe needo was using as well.

Does anyone else have a problem with the pop up messages on the NZBDrone GUI getting "stuck"?  For example if I search an automatic search, the bubble pops up to say it's starting the search, but it never updates or goes away after that.  Not a big deal, just kind of annoying.

I have that as well. I have not yet figured out what causes it.

Unsure if this will be of any help, but I resolved my stuck message issue by using sensei73's nzbdrone docker. I was attempting to add a downloader, but the test never passed and the message in the bottom wouldn't go away without Xing out of it. Log showed a connection issue, but nothing that clearly showed why. I never noticed the exact problem dougnliz describes, mainly due to never getting past the Sab connection issue.

Here are the docker run commands I used, just change out sensei73 for needo and you'll have the same command I was using (used gfjardim plugin for this):

/usr/bin/docker run -d --name="nzbdrone" --net="bridge" -p 8989:8989/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/nzbdrone":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/downloads/":"/downloads":rw -v "/mnt/user/Media/TVShows":"/tv":rw -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro sensei73/nzbdrone

The message no longer gets stuck and I can actually connect to Sabnzbd now using the same API key, same Host, same Port and same category as attempted with needos.

I'll eventually dive into docker's more, as I want to learn the creation process, but hopefully this will help someone find the issue by comparing the differences. sensei73's is on NzbDrone Ver. 2.0.0.1632, which I believe needo was using as well.

Yeah i had the same problem. No matter what needo's nzbdrone would not work for me. None of the settings would stick or nzbdrone would tell me they were wrong.  I've had no problem with sensei73's.  Not sure what the actual problem was.

The difference between his docker and mine is that mine runs as nobody so the little popups do not go away. However it does not in any way affect connectivity to sabnzbd, plex, etc. The little test popup just doesn't go away.

Thank you.

The difference between his docker and mine is that mine runs as nobody so the little popups do not go away. However it does not in any way affect connectivity to sabnzbd, plex, etc. The little test popup just doesn't go away.

Thank you.

I must have another issue going on then, as I get connectivity errors in addition to the popup not going away. I also get them with nzbget. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you.

I think that maybe related to log files not being generated.

https://github.com/NzbDrone/NzbDrone/wiki/Log-Files

I must have another issue going on then, as I get connectivity errors in addition to the popup not going away. I also get them with nzbget. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, I removed sensei73s container, re-downloaded needo's. Using the same config directory, it works now. No connection errors.  I removed the sab entry and readded it, still works. Not sure what I did wrong so many times before.  :-\.