Dockerization of some popular applications.

I used the pre-built template from the Extended Docker configuration page; however, I also installed the x64 bit plugin (.plg) that dmacias built for Deulge and I have the same issue. I'm thinking that Deluge is somehow effecting emHTTP. It is strange that you are not having those issues. Maybe it has something to do with the way my router is setup?

I recently installed Deulge and once is it installed unRAID gives the following errors:

Jul 16 14:03:48 Tower emhttp: read_line: read_line: input line too long

Jul 16 14:04:23 Tower last message repeated 15 times

Jul 16 14:04:27 Tower last message repeated 7 times

Once this happens I lose the option to connect to the unRAID Gui via http://Tower. I have to enter the IP address (192.168.1.20) to pull up the unRAID web Gui. This also happens if I install the Deluge_64.plg so it would appear that this is not a docker problem but I was hoping that some else here was running into similar issues?

The 'read_line' function is used to read CRLF-terminated lines sent by the browser during an http request.  The limits are set up like this:

#define LINE_SIZE  1024               /* from apache: MAX_HEADER_SIZE=1024 */
#define INBUF_SIZE (LINE_SIZE + 3072) /* handle largest GET message */

When reading the initial GET, emhttp uses INBUF_SIZE buffer.

When reading additional header lines it uses LINE_SIZE buffer.

Unfortunately I didn't add the buffer size parameter to the error message so I can't tell which buffer is filling up.  We will try and reproduce this, and I will add additional debug output in next release.

I think I'm the only person on the list who can't run any of needto's dockers.

Fresh Beta6 install of unraid.  They all respond back as being invalid permissions in the image json when starting.  Other peoples dockers are working.

docker run -d --net="host" --name="couchpotato" -v  /mnt/cache/appdir/couchpotato/data:/config -v /mnt/cache/appdir/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/Movies:/downloads -v /mnt/user/Movies:/movies -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro  -p 5050:5050 needo/couchpotato

Fresh Beta6 install of unraid.  They all respond back as being invalid permissions in the image json when starting.  Other peoples dockers are working.

docker run -d --net="host" --name="couchpotato" -v  /mnt/cache/appdir/couchpotato/data:/config -v /mnt/cache/appdir/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/Movies:/downloads -v /mnt/user/Movies:/movies -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro  -p 5050:5050 needo/couchpotato

What error exactly are you seeing?

Also did you change your boot kernel in any way?

I see a few things that might cause issues.

1. remove --net="host" -  I think this functionality is build into the docker, so this is no needed.

2. You have 2 spaces between -v /mnt/cache/appdir/couchpotato/data:/config - this may or may not cause problems

3. You have /mnt/cache/appdir/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/Movies:/downloads - I'm not sure this is right

I'm not sure if any of this is what's causing your problems, but I would suggest a new course of action.

Go to this post and take a look at this plugin.  After the first few pictures, there is a link to the plugin, and instructions to install it.

Once installed, you can run it, then from the Extensions tab in the unRAID GUI you can install dockers from the new plugin, using the templates included, and it should all run fine.

if you have issues after that, please post in the linked thread and you'll get more help.

**Oh, you might have to remove the images you've already created, but the plugin can/will help you do that also.

I just ran the couchpotato install from the unRaid Web Extension and the same error occurs.  This is a base beta6 install, nothing special has been done with it.

Couchpotato	needo/couchpotato:latest	9 minutes ago	Up 6 minutes		/mnt/user/appdata/couchpotato:/config:rw
/mnt/cache/appdir/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/Movies/:/downloads:rw
/mnt/user/Movies/:/movies:rw	5aebf23bd5ce

It's hard to see up there, but the PORT area is blank.

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/docker/volumes# lsof|grep 5050
qemu-syst  1691       root  mem       REG                0,2    350504      17631 /lib64/libncurses.so.5.9

The Hostconfig.json:

{"Binds":["/mnt/user/appdata/couchpotato:/config:rw","/mnt/cache/appdir/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/Movies/:/downloads:rw","/mnt/user/Movies/:/movies:rw","/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro"],"Contain
erIDFile":"","LxcConf":[],"Privileged":false,"PortBindings":{"5050/tcp":[{"HostIp":"","HostPort":"5050"}]},"Links":null,"PublishAllPorts":false,"Dns":null,"DnsSearch":null,"VolumesFrom":null,"Netwo
rkMode":"host"}

The config.json

{"ID":"5aebf23bd5ced5087a4d0395fe84855cd353adaa009db6269bffca71c57c8a73","Created":"2014-07-18T02:50:18.214162123Z","Path":"/sbin/my_init","Args":[],"Config":{"Hostname":"Tower","Domainname":"","Us
er":"","Memory":0,"MemorySwap":0,"CpuShares":0,"Cpuset":"","AttachStdin":false,"AttachStdout":false,"AttachStderr":false,"PortSpecs":null,"ExposedPorts":{"5050/tcp":{}},"Tty":false,"OpenStdin":fals
e,"StdinOnce":false,"Env":["EDGE=0","HOME=/root","PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin","DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive"],"Cmd":["/sbin/my_init"],"Image":"needo/couchpo
tato","Volumes":{"/config":{},"/downloads":{},"/movies":{}},"WorkingDir":"","Entrypoint":null,"NetworkDisabled":false,"OnBuild":null},"State":{"Running":true,"Paused":false,"Pid":32268,"ExitCode":0
,"StartedAt":"2014-07-18T02:53:05.408378065Z","FinishedAt":"2014-07-18T02:52:56.063423253Z"},"Image":"ca69334311cafaca549ec6dac6566eaa1175d330aa87b49d005579797e6d7003","NetworkSettings":{"IPAddress
":"","IPPrefixLen":0,"Gateway":"","Bridge":"","PortMapping":null,"Ports":null},"ResolvConfPath":"/etc/resolv.conf","HostnamePath":"","HostsPath":"/mnt/cache/docker/containers/5aebf23bd5ced5087a4d03
95fe84855cd353adaa009db6269bffca71c57c8a73/hosts","Name":"/Couchpotato","Driver":"btrfs","ExecDriver":"native-0.2","MountLabel":"","ProcessLabel":"","Volumes":{"/config":"/mnt/user/appdata/couchpot
ato","/downloads":"/mnt/cache/appdir/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/Movies","/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime","/movies":"/mnt/user/Movies"},"VolumesRW":{"/config":true,"/downloads":true,"/etc/localtime
":false,"/movies":true}}

Mine is working fine.  Be sure you set Plex to update folder changes when a file is added in the settings and what do you have your check time set too?

I have Plex Server set to "Update my library automatically"

by check time do you mean update interval? if so I do not use periodic updating, I never have. it was fine when not using docker.

I simply want it to update automatically when a new episode or movie is added like it always did.

I can of course do hourly updates to get around the issue but I wanted to know if I was the only person with automatic updates failing

its as if going to docker it does not actually see any folder updates therefore doesn't update

I just ran the couchpotato install from the unRaid Web Extension and the same error occurs...It's hard to see up there, but the PORT area is blank.

Do you mean you installed and used the docker plugin, and used that to try to install?  If so, did you use the template for couchpotato?

I just looked at it, and it does have the port set in the template, so I'm not sure how it could install the docker without the port.

Okay, so you have installed the docker plugin, good.

When you use the plugin, it should show any/all containers you have installed.  See the screenshots attached.

The plugin allows you to remove any/all containers and images.  I suggest you do this.  remove everything you see in either of those lists, and start from scratch.

I would also suggest you remove any folders in /mnt/cache/appdir in case they have weird permissions from anything you've done prior to this.

Once you have no containers and no images, click the green plus sign, select the couchpotato template, make any changes you NEED to make, but leave as much at the defaults as you can.  This should at least get your couchpotato running then you can make any changes you want after you get it all working.

containers.jpg.1c7e3270330b4bb05bf5148f6045467c.jpg

images.jpg.d0a1dd4f829345879ffb8dc0334a8356.jpg

OK so I had to make a few changes to make deluge actually work using the enhanced template install option.

These might be worth adding.

The default config needs:

allow remote daemon connections

set interface to 0.0.0.0 (edit removed this as not needed in host mode. not sure about bridge)

add a password using something like echo "remote:remote:10" >> /mnt/user/appdata/deluge/auth (otherwise only the webgui will work)

change the incoming torrent port from random to 59981 (the port set in the template which I assume is so it can be connectable)

change the default download directory to /downloads

In the template we probably want to add port port 58846 as deluge needs 3 ports to be fully configurable (rather than create 2 threads i list here will fork if needed later):

59981:59981/tcp  = incoming torrent

8112:8112/tcp web interface

58846:58846/tcp daemon interface

Can I also suggest we consider adding YaRSS2-1.3.2-py2.7.egg to /plugins as I suspect basically everyone will want and it fills a missing hole in functionality (or add a bunch they default to being off anyway and its negligible disk space)

Is it possible to get an EDGE or develop branch setting for nzbdrone ?  Similar to what you have on your other ones?

I'll take a look. Right now I'm using their apt repository. I'm not sure if they have a development one.

Needo, it looks like users can do that themselves.  I haven't tried it out.

https://github.com/NzbDrone/NzbDrone/wiki/Release-Branches

master (Default): Stable branch. It has been used by users on develop branch and it's not known to have any major issues.

develop: The bleeding edge. Released as soon as code is committed and passed all automated tests, this build has not been used by us or users. There is no guarantee that it will even run in some cases.

Use this branch only if you know what you are doing and are willing to get your hands dirty to recover a failed update.

How to change your branch

[*]Go to Settings and then the General tab and show advanced settings (use the toggle by the save button).

[*]Under the Development section change the branch name to develop

[*]Save

OK so I had to make a few changes to make deluge actually work using the enhanced template install option.

These might be worth adding.

The default config needs:

allow remote daemon connections

set interface to 0.0.0.0 (edit removed this as not needed in host mode. not sure about bridge)

add a password using something like echo "remote:remote:10" >> /mnt/user/appdata/deluge/auth (otherwise only the webgui will work)

change the incoming torrent port from random to 59981 (the port set in the template which I assume is so it can be connectable)

change the default download directory to /downloads

In the template we probably want to add port port 58846 as deluge needs 3 ports to be fully configurable (rather than create 2 threads i list here will fork if needed later):

59981:59981/tcp  = incoming torrent

8112:8112/tcp web interface

58846:58846/tcp daemon interface

Can I also suggest we consider adding YaRSS2-1.3.2-py2.7.egg to /plugins as I suspect basically everyone will want and it fills a missing hole in functionality (or add a bunch they default to being off anyway and its negligible disk space)

I am assuming that this doesn't fix anything with the emhttp issues I was having here?: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33822.msg317527#msg317527

You can't update from inside since it is a read-only OS and the update script assumes it has write access (yes I tried that).

The Dev branch runs off the GIT develop branch.  I'm not sure of they have an apt development branch...

My bad.....I was/am using sensei's version.

Is anyone else's CouchPotato extremely slow?  It works fine, just very slowly.  It takes about 45 seconds for anything to happen.  A search, adding a movie after the search, whatever.

My other dockers work just fine, no slowness at all.

Never mind, now it's normal.  No idea what was going on there.

Doug

Is anyone else's CouchPotato extremely slow?  It works fine, just very slowly.  It takes about 45 seconds for anything to happen.  A search, adding a movie after the search, whatever.

My other dockers work just fine, no slowness at all.

Yes.  according to reddit and couchpotato forums, there are api/server issues.  Ruudburger needs to either get new servers or switch the way the api works/searches was my understanding of the fixes suggested by those guys.