Dockerization of some popular applications.

Am trying to get this docker to work - but have no clue on how to start:  https://github.com/razorgirl/nzedb-docker

any directions to push me into?

Thanks

Myk

What is your run command?  That is the github page and not the docker registry page.  Doesn't look like it has a registry page.  So you need to install it like it says in the README.

BUILD

docker build --tag nzedb/master .

RUN

docker run -d -p 8800:8800 --name nZEDb nzedb/master

Help!

I did the "Update Now" in Sickbeard which must have advanced the database.. Now the docker app will not start since the database is higher than the needo sickbeard docker.

I tried updating the docker app and it is already upgraded and EDGE is set to 1.

How can I get this fixed??

Thanks,

Mike

Update:  Well.. I jumped the gun posting as I fixed by reverting to the previous database version.  After posting I recalled SB backs up the database with a version number.

Still though.. need to figure out how to keep dockers current for situations like this.    I had a similar issue with Couchpotato a few weeks ago and ended up rebuilding CP completely.

Help!

I did the "Update Now" in Sickbeard which must have advanced the database.. Now the docker app will not start since the database is higher than the needo sickbeard docker.

I tried updating the docker app and it is already upgraded and EDGE is set to 1.

How can I get this fixed??

EDGE installs the latest version available. What does docker logs sickbeard say?

Thank you.

needo, is there a reason why PMS didn't run as user "nobody" ?

I just messed up my Library here with the newperms command....  :-[

Plex by default runs as a non-privileged user on every Linux platform. I did not want to make the Docker "special" and harder to support. Plus the vast majority of people already had their databases set as unraid-plex:unraid-plex as they converted over to Docker and I wanted the transition to be as seamless as possible.

It appears that the MariaDB docker does not include the Innodb database engine, so I would have to convert my Innodb database to ISAM?

I am not sure, it is using the default Ubuntu .debs. So whatever is included there.

Well, this is what is written to the mysql_safe.log file when I attempt to start the mariadb docker with my xbmc database in place:

140909 15:08:59 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /db
140909 15:08:59 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled
140909 15:08:59 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins
140909 15:08:59 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.8
140909 15:08:59 InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO
140909 15:08:59 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M
140909 15:08:59 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
InnoDB: Error: log file ./ib_logfile0 is of different size 0 50331648 bytes
InnoDB: than specified in the .cnf file 0 5242880 bytes!
140909 15:08:59 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
140909 15:08:59 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
140909 15:08:59 [Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
140909 15:08:59 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
140909 15:08:59 [ERROR] Aborting

140909 15:08:59 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Shutdown complete

140909 15:09:00 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended

I note that, apart from reporting InnoDB as an unsupported storage engine, it also reports a size discrepance for ib_logfile0 cf what is specified in the .cnf file (my.cnf?).  Since I cannor access my.cnf, there's not much I can do about this.  Perhaps it is this which is resulting in the InnoDB message, since the size mismatch appears to be causing InnoDB registration to fail?  The strange thing is that my original my.cnf file does not specify the logfile size - the

#innodb_log_file_size = 5M

line is commented out.

I suspect that it would be good to allow /config to point to the my.cnf location (in appdata), while /db points to the database in another location.  We certainly need to have the ability to manipulate my.cnf.

I just finished a download with Deluge, and I'm having an issue with permissions on the downloaded files.  I can't move then with windows, or with my media player (in windows).

I get the attached error.  The permissions are...

root@media:/mnt/user/video/Download/Veep.S03.720p.HDTV.x264-RARBG# ls -l
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  34 Sep  8 23:11 RARBG.com.txt
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  8 23:50 Veep.S03E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 136 Sep  9 04:34 Veep.S03E02.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  8 23:02 Veep.S03E03.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:36 Veep.S03E04.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:39 Veep.S03E05.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 136 Sep  9 00:58 Veep.S03E06.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 00:06 Veep.S03E07.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:40 Veep.S03E08.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:37 Veep.S03E09.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:39 Veep.S03E10.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/

and the actual files themselves are...

root@media:/mnt/user/video/Download/Veep.S03.720p.HDTV.x264-RARBG/Veep.S03E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS# ls -l
total 856576
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 877118213 Sep  9 04:33 veep.s03e01.720p.hdtv.x264-killers.mkv
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users     11127 Sep  8 23:50 veep.s03e01.720p.hdtv.x264-killers.nfo

it looks like I'm missing the rw flag on the files.  I can't find any place in deluge to set permissions.  Maybe it's just not possible, but thought I'd ask here before looking further.

permissions.jpg.46a4e56f095be71d4edc81ae882da025.jpg

needo, is there a reason why PMS didn't run as user "nobody" ?

I just messed up my Library here with the newperms command....  :-[

Plex by default runs as a non-privileged user on every Linux platform. I did not want to make the Docker "special" and harder to support. Plus the vast majority of people already had their databases set as unraid-plex:unraid-plex as they converted over to Docker and I wanted the transition to be as seamless as possible.

Ok, thank you! Will be more diligent upfront.

Okay I am a complete Docker noob...but have got a fair bit of understanding of it across the last few days....

I got docker up and running plus the extended dock just for kicks...

I wanted to start installing some containers....needo, I ran your commands and successfully pulled just the sabnzbd container....my understanding is if you don't have base image, it would do so? when i run the command...all i get is your image and no base image...i also tried with eschultz's containers and got the same thing...somehow, I don't think i am getting the base image...

as a result, once it says it's running...if i go to my host ip, i get nothing....just a failed page...any ideas...a little stumped.

thanks in advance

UPDATE: now i am really confused...no containers have worked...but i just reinstalled plex and it is working and i see no base image in my container list....i just don't get it...

on a side, when installing using the templates from the gui, it sets the timezone as LA, i am in chicago...any way to correct this...is this going to throw off all my times as a result?

Needo thanks for all your work on this. I have been searching and cant seem to find an answer.

I am using this Template library https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates

however it doesnt have all the containers that are listed in post 1 of this thread. I am missing plexconnect and nzbmegasearch in my template dropdown.

I have looked at the wiki pages to try and install it myself. But I am not sure how to go about making my own container.

Can someone point me to instructions? I am running in circles right now.

Thanks

Hey everyone.

If my dockers are running off the wrong time, what can I do to resolve this?

I've recently changed the way we export the timezone to containers in the dockerMan plugin; I'm using the TZ variable to do it instead of bind the /etc/localtime executable.

Try recreating the container (just commit an edit) and see what happen.

Hey everyone.

If my dockers are running off the wrong time, what can I do to resolve this?

I've recently changed the way we export the timezone to containers in the dockerMan plugin; I'm using the TZ variable to do it instead of find the /etc/localtime executable.

Try recreating the container (just commit an edit) and see what happen.

OMG.

That works! That is so much better, scheduling Crashplan was a nightmare when the time was wrong. Thanks again. :)

I've installed Dropbox from gfjardim's template, and it has worked to populate my unRAID Dropbox folder with files from my other computers.  Today I moved a folder from one directory to another, and while the folder was copied to the new directory without issue, my syslog has filled up with dozens of comments that:

Tower shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Misc/Dropbox/<myfolder>/<mysubfolder (39) Directory not empty

The file and directory is appropriately deleted on my office Mac.

All I can think is a permissions issue.

But my appdata/Dropbox directory is nobody:users 777 ( I might have done that manually) and the /Misc/Dropbox directory with all my files is also nobody:users 777

as is the only file within that directory.

Does Dropbox require different permissions?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Dennis

Anyone able to help me out with NZBmegasearch...I can get it run not via the add template functionality but via the command line...

Everything goes okay and I can launch nzbmegasearch but when I try and save the settings it just hangs and says saving...

I have racked my brain for a couple days and am hoping someone here might have some insight...

thanks in advance...

Tony