Dockerization of some popular applications.

Running into an issue with Couch Potato docker.  It was working fine, but since I upgraded to Beta 9, any time I perform an action (add a movie, refresh something in the list), it creates a process that takes 100% of CPU (and doesn't refresh the screen for a search).  If I do multiple actions, I can see a new process, also taking 100% of CPU (I have a 6 core CPU, so it doesn't lock anything up, I just stop CP, which exits with a code of -1 saying it can't restart)  It also doesn't seem to be finding anything. 

I'm not seeing anything in the logs (and not sure what would be helpful here, the CP log or container log).  I've removed the container and image, and re-downloaded it, but that didn't seem to help.  Any ideas?

There may be a volume mapping issue with either Docker generally or the nzbget Docker specifically.

It can't handle unraring when using "long" paths. nzbget outside Docker has no issue with long paths, but inside Docker it does. Something to do with volume mappings?

This works:

SHORT.nzb > /mnt/disk6/Movies/SHORT/files_unpacked

This fails (it's exactly the same NZB, just renamed):

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz_PW IS mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiu6Ghd94wKZRsztFq7JLFb75lfDo5r1Erk4NSNU4xjXbHo.nzb > /mnt/disk6/Movies/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz_PW IS mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiu6Ghd94wKZRsztFq7JLFb75lfDo5r1Erk4NSNU4xjXbHo/files_unpacked

Obviously, there's an easy workaround by renaming the download, but if you're using a pre-processing script that extracts the password from the filename, that could be broken by this limitation.

Unraring manually does work, which suggests it's not an unrar problem, and unrar from nzbget has worked in the past outside of Docker using long paths.

Thoughts?

Any ideas why deluge should segfault during a controlled powerdown?

Sep 23 06:36:00 Tower apcupsd[1867]: Reached run time limit on batteries.
Sep 23 06:36:00 Tower apcupsd[1867]: Initiating system shutdown!
Sep 23 06:36:00 Tower apcupsd[1867]: User logins prohibited
Sep 23 06:36:00 Tower powerdown[22532]: Powerdown initiated
Sep 23 06:36:00 Tower powerdown[22536]: Powerdown V2.08
Sep 23 06:36:00 Tower rc.unRAID[22538][22539]: Processing /etc/rc.d/rc.unRAID.d/ kill scripts.
Sep 23 06:36:00 Tower rc.unRAID[22538][22543]: Running: "/etc/rc.d/rc.unRAID.d/K00.sh"
Sep 23 06:36:00 Tower rc.unRAID[22538][22547]: stopping docker ...
Sep 23 06:36:01 Tower kernel: deluged[3564]: segfault at 2ae300000009 ip 00002ae385a87702 sp 00002ae38a560a10 error 4 in libc-2.19.so[2ae385a08000+1bc000]
Sep 23 06:36:01 Tower rc.unRAID[22538][22547]: d08496d0ecec
Sep 23 06:36:02 Tower rc.unRAID[22538][22547]: 4b32e542da76
Sep 23 06:36:03 Tower rc.unRAID[22538][22547]: unmounting docker loopback

There may be a volume mapping issue with either Docker generally or the nzbget Docker specifically.

It can't handle unraring when using "long" paths. nzbget outside Docker has no issue with long paths, but inside Docker it does. Something to do with volume mappings?

This works:

SHORT.nzb > /mnt/disk6/Movies/SHORT/files_unpacked

This fails (it's exactly the same NZB, just renamed):

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz_PW IS mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiu6Ghd94wKZRsztFq7JLFb75lfDo5r1Erk4NSNU4xjXbHo.nzb > /mnt/disk6/Movies/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz_PW IS mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiu6Ghd94wKZRsztFq7JLFb75lfDo5r1Erk4NSNU4xjXbHo/files_unpacked

Obviously, there's an easy workaround by renaming the download, but if you're using a pre-processing script that extracts the password from the filename, that could be broken by this limitation.

Unraring manually does work, which suggests it's not an unrar problem, and unrar from nzbget has worked in the past outside of Docker using long paths.

Thoughts?

I think I may have worked it out: http://nzbget.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1489&p=9704#p9704

I think the nzbget Docker https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/needo/nzbget/dockerfile/ installs unrar 5.00 Beta 8, which is not the latest unrar and I believe it fails with either/or long paths or long filenames. unrar 5.01 doesn't.

How do we get the latest unrar (5.17) in to the Docker?

ETA: This may be a red herring - see the post on the nzbget forum linked above.

Could someone help me out...I am trying to run the latest build of NZBget and using needo's EDGE variable, I should be able to set it to the latest version, or at least to stable 13. I believe the docker is set up to 12 at the moment.

This is important to me because I want to use some of the fake posting scripts that are being developed and they are only supported under the latest versions of NZBget. When I try to set the variable, I can no longer access NZBget. If I re-add the docker and remove the variable, it starts up just fine. I am a little perplexed.

Anyone got a latter version of NZBget to install??

Thanks

What did you put in edge...I thought it was just the rev number like 1121 but that didn't work at all? Do I need to remove the docker and re add or can I just modify the existing?

Edge

If you would like to run a forthcoming version, please set the EDGE variable with the XX.X format (e.g. 13.0):

docker run -d --name="nzbget" -e EDGE="13.0" -v /path/to/dir/with/nzbget.conf:/config -v /path/to/downloads:/downloads -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 6789:6789 needo/nzbget

To use a test revision, please set the EDGE variable with the XXXX format (e.g. 1070):

docker run -d --name="nzbget" -e EDGE="1070" -v /path/to/dir/with/nzbget.conf:/config -v /path/to/downloads:/downloads -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 6789:6789 needo/nzbget

Thank you very much for your work and I realise you are busy but; Any chance of updating Deluge to v. 1.3.7? Whenever you would be able to!

That Docker uses the version in the Ubuntu repo which is currently 1.3.6. I see there is a ppa for Deluge I will look into adding that with EDGE.

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your work and I realise you are busy but; Any chance of updating Deluge to v. 1.3.7? Whenever you would be able to!

That Docker uses the version in the Ubuntu repo which is currently 1.3.6. I see there is a ppa for Deluge I will look into adding that with EDGE.

Thank you.

Incase it makes life easier:

https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Thanks again

Thank you.

Incase it makes life easier:

https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Thanks again

Since this is maintained by the developer, IMHO it should be used by default.

What did you put in edge...I thought it was just the rev number like 1121 but that didn't work at all? Do I need to remove the docker and re add or can I just modify the existing?

Edge

If you would like to run a forthcoming version, please set the EDGE variable with the XX.X format (e.g. 13.0):

docker run -d --name="nzbget" -e EDGE="13.0" -v /path/to/dir/with/nzbget.conf:/config -v /path/to/downloads:/downloads -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 6789:6789 needo/nzbget

To use a test revision, please set the EDGE variable with the XXXX format (e.g. 1070):

docker run -d --name="nzbget" -e EDGE="1070" -v /path/to/dir/with/nzbget.conf:/config -v /path/to/downloads:/downloads -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 6789:6789 needo/nzbget

I tried doing that via the add template feature but to no avail. Do I need to do this manually as opposed to through the GUI. No problem if that's the case but wanted to make sure that's how it has to be done.

It does look like there is an issue with long filenames/long paths/long passwords in nzbget under Docker that doesn't occur when unrar is used outside the Docker: http://nzbget.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1489&p=9733#p9732

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix it?

How do I get unrar 5.11 in the nzbget Docker? Or is there a binary I can use? The unrar in nzbget is 5.00 BETA 8, which is out of date.

Cheers,

Neil.

Needo, first and foremost, I love how simple you've made these Docker packages, and how open you've been about them, I feel as though I've learned more about Docker just from reading your posts, than I have in reading any others.  So thank you very much for this.

However I have a question regarding SABNZBD and SickBeard - how would one get to the autoProcessTV.cfg file to configure it?  I'm trying to get SAB and Sickbeard working in unison but have had some trouble with this part.  Pardon me if this is a frequent question, I searched but no luck.

It does look like there is an issue with long filenames/long paths/long passwords in nzbget under Docker that doesn't occur when unrar is used outside the Docker: http://nzbget.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1489&p=9733#p9732

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix it?

How do I get unrar 5.11 in the nzbget Docker? Or is there a binary I can use? The unrar in nzbget is 5.00 BETA 8, which is out of date.

Cheers,

Neil.

There is a one liner for almost everything.

RUN wget http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-x64-5.1.1.tar.gz -qO - | tar -C /usr/bin/ --strip-components=1 -zxf - rar/rar rar/unrar

Add this to the end of the Dockerfile and built the image locally.