Dockerization of some popular applications.

I tried updating my Docker containers and noticed that SabNZBD is still at 0.7.19 while 0.7.20 was released a few days ago. Does anyone know if there is an EDGE option to update, or do we need to wait for needo to update the container? I had thought one of the benefits of moving to Docker containers was to break dependencies on the plugin/Docker creator.

I know it's unrealistic for needo (or whoever) to always be on top of updates as they come out. It would be great to have the container update itself as needed. Is this just misconfigured on my side, or a limitation of the existing container?

The dockerfile shows it just pulls from apt-get.  You should be able to delete the container and re-add with the same variables and it will put the newest version (if apt-get has been updated)

Is this a different process than doing an update on the container? Should it not verify the latest version as well?

I tried updating my Docker containers and noticed that SabNZBD is still at 0.7.19 while 0.7.20 was released a few days ago. Does anyone know if there is an EDGE option to update, or do we need to wait for needo to update the container? I had thought one of the benefits of moving to Docker containers was to break dependencies on the plugin/Docker creator.

I know it's unrealistic for needo (or whoever) to always be on top of updates as they come out. It would be great to have the container update itself as needed. Is this just misconfigured on my side, or a limitation of the existing container?

In my humble knowledge of docker, the update will see a change when the docker is rebuilt. 

The dockerfile shows it just pulls from apt-get.  You should be able to delete the container and re-add with the same variables and it will put the newest version (if apt-get has been updated)

Is this a different process than doing an update on the container? Should it not verify the latest version as well?

I'm my small knowledge of docker, the update will only show up if the docker repo has been re-built with new info.  Since needo's docker file isn't being re-built, DockerMan doesn't think there is an update. 

I use this process to update NZBDrone.

In my humble knowledge of docker, the update will see a change when the docker is rebuilt. 

I'm my small knowledge of docker, the update will only show up if the docker repo has been re-built with new info.  Since needo's docker file isn't being re-built, DockerMan doesn't think there is an update. 

I just tried deleting the container and re-adding and it still came back as 0.7.19 so I guess I am tied to needo's image and can't update until he does.

Not the end of the world, but again, it's not what I was expecting. As I mentioned - I thought Docker was supposed to break creator/owner dependencies.

I just tried deleting the container and re-adding and it still came back as 0.7.19 so I guess I am tied to needo's image and can't update until he does.

Not the end of the world, but again, it's not what I was expecting. As I mentioned - I thought Docker was supposed to break creator/owner dependencies.

I think docker gives you that option if the Dockerfile is built with those capabilities.  Needo's plex docker for instance, you can set the version for it to download.  I'm surprised that the deleting and re-adding didn't work as the apt-get command should pull the newest version.  Maybe move over to NZBGet ;)  gfjardim's build allows you to specific why version you want.

I think docker gives you that option if the Dockerfile is built with those capabilities.  Needo's plex docker for instance, you can set the version for it to download.  I'm surprised that the deleting and re-adding didn't work as the apt-get command should pull the newest version.  Maybe move over to NZBGet ;)  gfjardim's build allows you to specific why version you want.

I've been thinking about it as I believe NZBGet is much faster than SAB as well. I just haven't found a good install/configure guide for NZBGet and have been too lazy to muck around to figure it out. If you have a pointer to something that walks through a standard config I would be grateful and would happily dump SAB.

I seem to be having issues with the needo sickrage container not understanding the "EDGE=1" switch.  When I restart the container it falls back 215 odd commits.  Normally that's not a big issue but the problem is the database has now incremented from 40 to 41 so it takes a bit of fiddling, copying and screwing around to get sickrage alive again.

If this is no longer being updated, is there another sickrage container people are using ?

Im new to Docker and thought i had everything figured out with it but apparently not.

I just installed the SABnzbd app from needo's repo and when i start it i am unable to access the web gui for it. I have attached a screenshot of what everything looks like in the docker configuration screen. I am using the docker tab on the unraid menu to start my containers, etc.

When i try to access the web interface for sab or any of the others i have tried (couchpotato, nzbdrone) i just get a web page cannot be displayed error

Hopefully its a dumb mistake on my part that you guys can point out so i can keep moving with this.

Capture.PNG.519f3c65113526edd745c6a29534c3c9.PNG

I seem to be having issues with the needo sickrage container not understanding the "EDGE=1" switch.  When I restart the container it falls back 215 odd commits.  Normally that's not a big issue but the problem is the database has now incremented from 40 to 41 so it takes a bit of fiddling, copying and screwing around to get sickrage alive again.

If this is no longer being updated, is there another sickrage container people are using ?

It has been broken for a bit. I finally fixed it and pushed it to docker so I could use it myself.

You are welcome to pull from it if you want. It's just the same as Needo's docker, but with a fixed EDGE file.

https://hub.docker.com/u/ninthwalker/

docker command:

docker run -d --name="sickrage" -v /path/to/sickrage/data:/config -v /path/to/downloads:/downloads -v /path/to/tv:/tv -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e EDGE=1 -p 8081:8081 ninthwalker/brentrage

Thank you very much for your work and I realise you are busy but; Any chance of updating Deluge to v. 1.3.7? Whenever you would be able to!

That Docker uses the version in the Ubuntu repo which is currently 1.3.6. I see there is a ppa for Deluge I will look into adding that with EDGE.

Thank you.

I know you are prob very busy, but any chance you have had a chance to look at this?

Deluge is now up to release 1.3.11 with some great improvements that we are missing out on at 1.3.6.

https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Thanks a Million,

The Capt.

Yup, I run htop to keep an eye on what it's doing. When you see the compiling is done, and the CPU is idle, open up the web interface for nzbget and the new version should be running.

P.S. The fix is now also in release version 14.1

I'm having trouble getting 14.1 to compile in Docker.  Typically the compile log file is ~98K when finished.  I've now tried to install 14.1 twice and the log is only ~24K both times and the GUI is not accessible.  I have completely removed any traces of the existing container (renamed to the old folder to nzbget.old) and have the same result.

Attaching the log files.

Anyone else seeing the same?

John

i'm seeing the same thing. Did you figure it out?

It has been broken for a bit. I finally fixed it and pushed it to docker so I could use it myself.

You are welcome to pull from it if you want. It's just the same as Needo's docker, but with a fixed EDGE file.

https://hub.docker.com/u/ninthwalker/

docker command:

docker run -d --name="sickrage" -v /path/to/sickrage/data:/config -v /path/to/downloads:/downloads -v /path/to/tv:/tv -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e EDGE=1 -p 8081:8081 ninthwalker/brentrage

Thanks, that worked a treat.  I just changed the container source in th template I am using and it all went well.  Lovely.

I'm on

plexWatch/Web Version: v1.5.4.2

plexWatch Version: v0.3.1

PMS Version: v0.9.11.4

and everything is working great for me.

Im on the same as you and it doesn't work.  But it did work before the update to Plex Server v0.9.11.4.

Apparently there is a plexWatch Version v0.3.2 which fixes this issue.

Sorry for the late replies. plexWatch.pl lives outside the docker. You need to downloaded the latest plexWatch.pl from the author's site and put it in /mnt/cache/appdata/plexWatch/

The update to Deluge Docker (commit: "Update to latest version of deluge") has broken deluge.

I think the problem lies with the apt-get install command after adding the new deluge:ppa (thanks for adding that!!):

Apt-Get was previously:

apt-get install -qy deluged deluge-web unrar unzip p7zip

but now it is:

apt-get install -qy deluge unrar unzip p7zip

We need the deluged and the deluge-web apps or else a change to the run command:

Below are the logs after the container is started:

setuser: cannot execute deluge-web: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
setuser: cannot execute deluged: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Hope this helps in fixing the issue,

The Capt.

The update to Deluge Docker (commit: "Update to latest version of deluge") has broken deluge.

I think the problem lies with the apt-get install command after adding the new deluge:ppa (thanks for adding that!!):

Apt-Get was previously:

but now it is:

We need the deluged and the deluge-web apps or else a change to the run command:

The Capt.

Updated!

Hi Needo

Do you have any thoughts around SAB? Can it be configured with EDGE so that it can update itself without you having to update your Docker? As you may have seen 0.7.20 was released, but we can't currently update SAB without you updating your Docker. I tried updating the Docker via the GUI, as well as deleting and re-creating, but both still come back with 0.7.19.

It would be great to get this container away from dependency on you (or any one person).

Hi Needo

Do you have any thoughts around SAB? Can it be configured with EDGE so that it can update itself without you having to update your Docker? As you may have seen 0.7.20 was released, but we can't currently update SAB without you updating your Docker. I tried updating the Docker via the GUI, as well as deleting and re-creating, but both still come back with 0.7.19.

It would be great to get this container away from dependency on you (or any one person).

I'll work on it. I updated sab to the latest version this morning.

Apt-Get was previously:

but now it is:

The Capt.

Updated!

Works perfectly, and updated to 1.3.11.

Thanks a million,

The Capt.

Yup, I run htop to keep an eye on what it's doing. When you see the compiling is done, and the CPU is idle, open up the web interface for nzbget and the new version should be running.

P.S. The fix is now also in release version 14.1

I'm having trouble getting 14.1 to compile in Docker.  Typically the compile log file is ~98K when finished.  I've now tried to install 14.1 twice and the log is only ~24K both times and the GUI is not accessible.  I have completely removed any traces of the existing container (renamed to the old folder to nzbget.old) and have the same result.

Attaching the log files.

Anyone else seeing the same?

John

i'm seeing the same thing. Did you figure it out?

I was not able to get 14.1 running but 14.0 started without a problem.

Anyway I have a question on the user that nzbget should be running as.  I have nzbget configured with couchpotato and nzbdrone.  That was working fine but then I tried adding some scripts FailureLink and FakeDetector and got some errors.

Executing post-process-script FakeDetector.py for XXXXXX
FakeDetector: Fixing permissions for /config/ppscripts/FakeDetector.py
FakeDetector: Could not start /config/ppscripts/FakeDetector.py: Permission denied
Post-process-script FakeDetector.py for XXXXXX  failed (terminated with unknown status)
Executing post-process-script FailureLink.py for XXXXXX
FailureLink: Fixing permissions for /config/ppscripts/FailureLink.py
FailureLink: Could not start /config/ppscripts/FailureLink.py: Permission denied
Post-process-script FailureLink.py for XXXXXX failed (terminated with unknown status)

Before adding the scripts I chmod and chown the nzbget folder to 777 and nobody:users.  Is that the correct user that nzbget should be using or is there a way to get it to accept the scripts?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to get Sonarr (aka NZBDrone) to update to the latest build inside the docker? I ran the Update from the web app. It appears to go through but then fails:

[info] InstallUpdateService: Downloading update 2.0.0.2500 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Verifying update package 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Update package verified successfully 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Extracting Update package 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Update package extracted successfully 
[info] BackupService: Starting Backup 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Preparing client 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Starting update client /tmp/nzbdrone_update/NzbDrone.Update.exe 
[info] InstallUpdateService: NzbDrone will restart shortly. 
[info] Bootstrap: Starting NzbDrone - /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe - Version 2.0.0.2341 
[info] SingleInstancePolicy: 1 instance(s) of NzbDrone are running 
[Warn] SingleInstancePolicy: Another instance of NzbDrone is already running. 
[info] Bootstrap: Application is being terminated. Reason : Another instance is already running 

It appears that the update fails or the old version doesn't close correctly. Has anyone been able to run updates?

This might be the issue:

https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/upgrade-fails-due-to-permissions-issue/2578/2

Does anyone know how to get Sonarr (aka NZBDrone) to update to the latest build inside the docker? I ran the Update from the web app. It appears to go through but then fails:

[info] InstallUpdateService: Downloading update 2.0.0.2500 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Verifying update package 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Update package verified successfully 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Extracting Update package 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Update package extracted successfully 
[info] BackupService: Starting Backup 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Preparing client 
[info] InstallUpdateService: Starting update client /tmp/nzbdrone_update/NzbDrone.Update.exe 
[info] InstallUpdateService: NzbDrone will restart shortly. 
[info] Bootstrap: Starting NzbDrone - /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe - Version 2.0.0.2341 
[info] SingleInstancePolicy: 1 instance(s) of NzbDrone are running 
[Warn] SingleInstancePolicy: Another instance of NzbDrone is already running. 
[info] Bootstrap: Application is being terminated. Reason : Another instance is already running 

It appears that the update fails or the old version doesn't close correctly. Has anyone been able to run updates?

This might be the issue:

https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/upgrade-fails-due-to-permissions-issue/2578/2

You cannot update software after Docker is already running. Well technically you can, but it is against all standards and practices. To get the latest updates click on the update button in the DockerMan part of the unRAID UI.