Dockerization of some popular applications.

Yeah, I agree that it's hard to explain this stuff until you sort of understand it; which is "too late" for the explanation to be useful. :o

I understand why /mnt/user to /mnt/user might 'scare' some people, as it just gives unnecessary access, but it does make it easier to get new folks going.  Plus, it eliminates the need to 'think ahead' as to what paths other containers might need in the future.  if you just allow full share access to all containers, you always can get to wherever you need from any/all containers.

I do suggest /mnt/user instead of /mnt, just because that forces you into using user shares, and not disks directly.

Anyway, I'll look for your post and add my $.02, for whatever its worth :)

The huge proliferation of docker containers and templates has probably made this impossible now, but with hindsight I think we should have set out a "default" way of doing things

IE: appdata mapped to /mnt/cache/appdata/ and made the share cache only or /mnt/cache/.appdata or something

Advanced users can change this if they so desire but uniformity would make life easier especially with explanations

Couple of more questions... :)

If I select Deluge, Stop the service and then select Remove.  Will that actually uninstall Deluge and do a proper cleanup so nothing is left?  I'd like to reinstall it but with the proper folder structure. Oh and if I do install it in appdata folder, do I need to create that first on the drive or will it create it in the config when I set everything up?

I also noticed that the share Deluge was copied from my cache drive to my drive 10...didn't want that to happen.  I only want the movies folder moved to the drive.

On a second note.  Do you actually use Deluge?  I'm trying to figure out how to create torrents with it but don't see how.  Do I have to create the torrent on another computer and copy it to a folder on the cache?  On my laptop I am sharing some files for which I created a torrent.  Doesn't seem like it's possible with Deluge.  Is it just for downloading and seeding files already downloaded?

I've been trying to copy my 5.x sab settings into my config file for 6.x docker sab.

Each time I stop the app in docker, overwrite the config file with the new settings and then restart it. Each time my config file is overwritten.

Any ideas?

sorry, but still not working :(

Please try again. I posted an additional fix.

still the same I am afraid..... though maybe a little more info?

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker logs NZBMegaSearch
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
No SSH host key available. Generating one...
Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ED25519 key; this may take some time ...
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/edge.sh...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following extra packages will be installed:
git-man liberror-perl patch rsync
Suggested packages:
gettext-base git-daemon-run git-daemon-sysvinit git-doc git-el git-email
git-gui gitk gitweb git-arch git-bzr git-cvs git-mediawiki git-svn ed
diffutils-doc
The following NEW packages will be installed:
git git-man liberror-perl patch rsync
0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
Need to get 3642 kB of archives.
After this operation, 22.5 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main rsync amd64 3.1.0-2ubuntu0.1 [283 kB]
Get:2 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main liberror-perl all 0.17-1.1 [21.1 kB]
Get:3 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main git-man all 1:1.9.1-1 [698 kB]
Get:4 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main git amd64 1:1.9.1-1 [2555 kB]
Get:5 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main patch amd64 2.7.1-4ubuntu1 [84.4 kB]
Fetched 3642 kB in 1s (1852 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package rsync.
(Reading database ... 16116 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../rsync_3.1.0-2ubuntu0.1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking rsync (3.1.0-2ubuntu0.1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package liberror-perl.
Preparing to unpack .../liberror-perl_0.17-1.1_all.deb ...
Unpacking liberror-perl (0.17-1.1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package git-man.
Preparing to unpack .../git-man_1%3a1.9.1-1_all.deb ...
Unpacking git-man (1:1.9.1-1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package git.
Preparing to unpack .../git_1%3a1.9.1-1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking git (1:1.9.1-1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package patch.
Preparing to unpack .../patch_2.7.1-4ubuntu1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking patch (2.7.1-4ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...
Setting up rsync (3.1.0-2ubuntu0.1) ...
Removing any system startup links for /etc/init.d/rsync ...
update-rc.d: warning: default stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6) do not match rsync Default-Stop values (none)
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/rsync ...
/etc/rc0.d/K20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc1.d/K20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc6.d/K20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc2.d/S20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc3.d/S20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc4.d/S20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
/etc/rc5.d/S20rsync -> ../init.d/rsync
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.
Setting up liberror-perl (0.17-1.1) ...
Setting up git-man (1:1.9.1-1) ...
Setting up git (1:1.9.1-1) ...
Setting up patch (2.7.1-4ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...
fatal: destination path '/opt' already exists and is not an empty directory.
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/opt/NZBmegasearch/custom_params.ini': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/opt/NZBmegasearch': No such file or directory
*** /etc/my_init.d/edge.sh failed with status 1
*** Killing all processes...

The command finished successfully!

Try it without EDGE.

I know the above is super old, but I am trying to run beets and is wont start,

/etc/my_init.d/edge.sh failed with status 128

I guess from the above, I am trying to figure out what it means to try without edge

is it possible to have isci on/in docker? or it shud b in vmware section.

im looking for ways, to save some hdd on my network windows pc.

Why not do an NFS share?

i don think u can mount NFS share as if it is physical drive and install windows on it.

with isci, i can mount it, install windows and boot it straight through pxe.

I'm having some issues with the PlexWatch docker.  I managed to get it up and running, however, whenever I enable email notifications, it breaks.

If email notifications are not turned on, I am able to see changes get made to the debug file and the plexWatch text file.  I am also able to get Pushover notifications.

However, as soon as I enable email notifications, nothing gets added to the debug file and all my notifications stop.  If I go to the WebUI, I can still see what I am currently watching.  However, if I try to look at the history, it does not log the history of anything I watched after enabling the email notifications.

Does anyone know what is causing this behavior?

plexWatch seems to just stopped working on me...I think it may be a permissions issue.

I can pull up the plexWatchWeb and see content currently bing played, but I no longer receive notifications (via pushover) and it's not writing the plays to the history or log. 

I ran  the permissions script which reset my cache drive permissions to nobody:users. Could that have caused the issue?

I can pull up the plexWatchWeb and see content currently bing played, but I no longer receive notifications (via pushover) and it's not writing the plays to the history or log. 

Sounds like it's acting the same way mine does when I enable email notifications.  Do you have any other notifications enabled except for Pushover and the text file?  If so, try to disable those and see how it acts.

I'm having some issues with the PlexWatch docker.  I managed to get it up and running, however, whenever I enable email notifications, it breaks.

If email notifications are not turned on, I am able to see changes get made to the debug file and the plexWatch text file.  I am also able to get Pushover notifications.

However, as soon as I enable email notifications, nothing gets added to the debug file and all my notifications stop.  If I go to the WebUI, I can still see what I am currently watching.  However, if I try to look at the history, it does not log the history of anything I watched after enabling the email notifications.

Does anyone know what is causing this behavior?

Sounds like enabling the email is stalling the script for some reason and it can't continue past the email issue.

Do you have 2 factor authentication enabled on your email login?

Also, make sure the email details you put in the config.pl file isn't messing up the code (close all the brackets and apostrophes).

Is it normal for the PlexWatch web interface to be slow in loading the different "tabs" (Home, History, Stats, etc.)?  I've tried changing from localhost to the IP of my PMS to no avail.  It will take 20+ seconds to load a tab and then the next 4-5 tabs load immediately.  Then after that it's slow again for another 20+ seconds and the process repeats itself.

absolutely out of the blue this AM NZBGet is crashing for me saying this:

docker log:

unable to send request to nzbget-server at 127.0.0.1 (port 6789)

nzbget log:

Thu Jul  2 10:42:45 2015 INFO nzbget 14.2 daemon-mode

I was adding some downloads and it just stopped working, literally out of the blue.

absolutely out of the blue this AM NZBGet is crashing for me saying this:

docker log:

unable to send request to nzbget-server at 127.0.0.1 (port 6789)

nzbget log:

Thu Jul  2 10:42:45 2015 INFO nzbget 14.2 daemon-mode

I was adding some downloads and it just stopped working, literally out of the blue.

So either my queue/history or cert got corrupted some how, but reinstall and copy of my config and ppscripts made it work again... the only file differences after that was the queue folder and the ssl folder

OK , I got to the wizard, had to reboot.  Now my question is I can seem to browse to my media.  I have Plex installed on my cache drive and my media is on my other drives.  For example I have my movies in a share called Movies, why can't I find that?

Anyone?

Firstly, double posting like this is lame. Just be patient.

Second, shouldn't you be posting in the Plex docker you are usings support thread / repo thread?

Third did you add your array to the container when you created it? Ie mount point /movies pointing to /mnt/user/movies or whatever?