Dockerization of some popular applications.

nope, for some reason its the only one like that.

I think the reason is that is what you did when you set it up. Not the usual or recommended way to do it, but it might be OK like that. You should have a folder at /mnt/cache/appdata/Library that is actually your plex library. Just make sure nothing else messes with that folder.

You would have a new installation of Plex, and the Library from the old installation would still be there taking up space. If you really want to change it you could stop plex, move the Library from /mnt/cache/appdata/Library to /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex/Library, then edit the settings like you suggested and start plex. It would find the Library under /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex because that is what you have /config mapped to.

Do you not understand volume mapping?

Hi

Installed OK, but I can't get any downloads to work.  Torrents appear to start downloading, then fail to error state.  From the details tab the Status is: "Permission denied:

I'm getting the same problem, any solution to this?

I have been using sonarr with deluge and nzbget for a few weeks now and it works very well with nzbget.  whenever i try to download a torrent, it kicks off the download in deluge and then when it finishes downloading, it just sits there in a paused state in deluge forever.  and in sonarr the item just stays in the activity queue.  I thought sonarr was supposed move the file once it finished downloading and mark it as completed.

at the moment I have the "stop seed at ratio" set to 0 - just to try and get this working.  so the issue should nto be with the fact that it is still seeding.  any ideas would be appreciated.

why would this not be happening?

I have been using sonarr with deluge and nzbget for a few weeks now and it works very well with nzbget.  whenever i try to download a torrent, it kicks off the download in deluge and then when it finishes downloading, it just sits there in a paused state in deluge forever.  and in sonarr the item just stays in the activity queue.  I thought sonarr was supposed move the file once it finished downloading and mark it as completed.

at the moment I have the "stop seed at ratio" set to 0 - just to try and get this working.  so the issue should nto be with the fact that it is still seeding.  any ideas would be appreciated.

why would this not be happening?

I had a similar problem and it turned out that the container folder names needed to be the same.

I think deluge was moving the files to \download\completed while sonar was expecting them in \completed or something like this. They were mapped to the same space on the host, but I think deluge tells sonarr where to look in "container" terms and that did not exist.

Once I mapped a "/completed" in both containers it worked.

have a look at sonarr's logs, it will refer to a directory that does not exist.

thanks for the tip - I think I am on to something.

I looked in the logs and found the followign error:

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data/[ www.something.com ] - series.year.S01E02.720p.BluRay.x264

That is the problem - that is not a valid path but I cant figure out where sonarr is getting that path from?

thanks for the tip - I think I am on to something.

I looked in the logs and found the followign error:

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data/[ www.something.com ] - series.year.S01E02.720p.BluRay.x264

That is the problem - that is not a valid path but I cant figure out where sonarr is getting that path from?

From your download client which is downloading to its /data.  Map the exact same path host and volume to sonar as what's mapped to the Downloader and you'll be fine

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

wait - i think i just got it...

/data/whatever/path was coming from deluge.

my deluge docker container has /data/ mapped to the location where it stores its completed torrents.

I did not have that path mapped on the sonarr docker container.  so I just mapped that and added a torrent - lets see if that works.

ok so now that we have that solved - I have one more lingering issue.

when I download an episode of a show usign sonarr and deluge, it goes to /data/  which is mapped to /mnt/user/torrents

after its done, plex picks up the episode in my tv library and it also picks up a renamed copy in the movies collection.

I am wondering if this is because couchpotato also watching a folder that is mapped to /mnt/user/torrents...

if so, then how can I get deluge to move completed movies to one location and completed tv shows to another location?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the latest version of Couchpotato installed as a docker on my Unraid server version 6.1.9. Up until recently, I was able to view the webui with any browser, regardless of OS. Now I am not able to view the webui using any of my Windows 10 machines in the house. I've verified this on 3 machines trying Edge, IE, Chrome, & Firefox. I don't have this problem using a Windows 7 machine. I also have no problem viewing the webui using chrome on my android phone (Samsung Galaxy S5).

Does anyone else have this issue? It just started happening a few days ago. I added a new movie this morning using a Windows 7 machine, and it downloaded, renamed, and moved the file no problem. So couchpotato is working fine, I just can't access the webui with a Windows 10 machine. It comes up as a blank black screen.

I should probably note that I don't have this problem in Windows 10 viewing the webui of similar docker apps (SABNzbd, Sonarr, Plex Media Server).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Thanks,

Matt

hi,

just wondering if its only me with this issue. just today a new Plex server version got out (Version 1.0.0.2261) but by some reasone its not getting updated.

what I tried is: restating the docker, which normally is updating the version. I also did a forced update of the docker.

but nothing updated the plex version.

I noticed the below in the log

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh...

Unable to get plex version

any idea what that could be?

There is a script that the docker uses to pull the latest version number off the plex website. With the release of 1.0 Plex has also launched a new website, which probably involves a different URL location for downloads which breaks the updating process. Once the script is fixed the update should just happen as always.

Same here,

I ended up here when my plex server wouldn't update anymore.

Unfortunately I deleted my docker image thinking it was corrupted and am now stuck with Plex Server version 0.9.15.5  :-[

Hope to see a docker image update coming soon

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This is a report about some unusual activity that I have found using the needo's sabnzbd docker and UnRaid 6.0.  I know there are other flavors of both Docker and UnRaid now, but I have not been able to update my server as I am living overseas and managing a server back in the US.  (that's another story).

Several months ago I commented about some issues I had, and I think other people, about this container crashing for some reason, perhaps overlap with the mover or some kind of memory leak.  In my instance it can be prevented by restarting the container every 20 gb or so of downloads.  (That thread was https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39510.0 which is marked as 'solved' but nothing in that thread fixes my issues).

What makes this interesting is that when this docker crashes it brings down the whole of UnRaid 6.0. (The symptom is that sabnzbd is unresponsive, and the UnRaid GUI becomes unresponsive when I try docker stop sabnzbd or docker kill sabnzbd either via ssh or the web gui.  Files seem to be still served).  When I mentioned this earlier, Tom, or Jon, or someone said that should not happen, since containers are insulated, and should not impact the system if they crash.  Well, when this container crashes it does bring down UnRaid, repeatedly. I can sometimes stop the array and use powerdown -r to restart.  I've had some success in entering the container and killing the sabnzbd processes, but often I have to call a neighbor to come and push the restart button...

Today, while trying to recover from a system-impacting crash of the sabnzbd docker, I first entered the offending container to kill the sabnzbd process(es) with kill -9 ###. Subsequently I accidentally ran ps -A | grep sabnzbd instead of docker exec -it ps... and I saw a process IN UNRAID running titled sabnzbdplus (defunct).  I managed to restart the server and then did some testing.

In a fresh restart of UnRaid this sabnzbdplus process doesn't exist in UnRaid, of course.  When I start needo's sabnzbd container, the 'sabnzbdplus' process shows up in in UnRaid, and of course the container has several processes with similar name.  Closing the container removes the sabnzbdplus process in UnRaid, unlike when the container crashes and the process shows (defunct).  Somehow the container is starting a process within the UnRaid system, which it seems should NEVER happen.

For my own purposes I will install another sabnzbd container, but it would be interesting to see what it is in needo's container that is causing the sabnzbdplus process to be started in the UnRaid system OUTSIDE OF the Docker container.  I'm afraid that it might indicate a security gap where a malignant or poorly-designed container could bring down the system, or run a malignant process that originates within the container.  Perhaps this is not a problem with the new Docker or the new UnRaid, but I am not in a position to test that.

I'll have my current system running for a few more months if there is some test I could do.  I'll try to alert Tom or whoever is running the show these days to this issue.

Thanks

Dennis

p.s. here's a snapshot of what's going on in my system,  needo's sabnzbd running fine.

root@Tower:~# docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                           NAMES
f9cbe66e92e9        pinion/docker-handbrake-cli:latest   "/sbin/my_init"     9 months ago        Up 2 hours          192.168.1.###:####->8080/tcp    handbrake           
4253f8009ce3        needo/sabnzbd:latest                 "/sbin/my_init"     9 months ago        Up About an hour    192.168.1.###:####->8080/tcp   sabnzbd             
53d2a5a61879        needo/sickbeard:latest               "/sbin/my_init"     12 months ago       Up 6 hours          192.168.1.###:####->8081/tcp   SickBeard           
41b1419bc93a        hurricane/ubooquity:latest           "/start.sh"         12 months ago       Up 6 hours          192.168.1.###:####->8085/tcp    Ubooquity           
50bdc3d944e6        needo/couchpotato:latest             "/sbin/my_init"     12 months ago       Up 6 hours          192.168.1.###:####->5050/tcp   CouchPotato         

root@Tower:~# ps -Af | grep sabnzbd
root     22402 22397  0 13:43 ?        00:00:00 runsv sabnzbd
nobody   22404 22402 37 13:43 ?        00:29:42 /usr/bin/python -OO /usr/bin/sabnzbdplus --config-file /config --server 0.0.0.0:8080
root     30779  1975  0 15:02 pts/0    00:00:00 grep sabnzbd

root@Tower:~# ls /usr/bin/sab*
/bin/ls: cannot access /usr/bin/sab*: No such file or directory

This is a report about some unusual activity that I have found using the needo's sabnzbd docker and UnRaid 6.0.  I know there are other flavors of both Docker and UnRaid now, but I have not been able to update my server as I am living overseas and managing a server back in the US.  (that's another story).

I'll have my current system running for a few more months if there is some test I could do.  I'll try to alert Tom or whoever is running the show these days to this issue

I appreciate you're wanting to help solve problems, that's great(!), but what you are running is so old, that it's almost certain that any issues you are experiencing have long been fixed.  The only thing anyone would want to hear is whether you still have any issues after upgrading to the latest.  I understand that's difficult now, but it's the only acceptable test.  The behavior you described sounds like something that was recently fixed in the betas, a few versions ago, so it will be interesting to see how your system behaves with the newest release.  Hurry back when you can!

I'll have my current system running for a few more months if there is some test I could do.  I'll try to alert Tom or whoever is running the show these days to this issue

I appreciate you're wanting to help solve problems, that's great(!), but what you are running is so old, that it's almost certain that any issues you are experiencing have long been fixed.  The only thing anyone would want to hear is whether you still have any issues after upgrading to the latest.  I understand that's difficult now, but it's the only acceptable test.  The behavior you described sounds like something that was recently fixed in the betas, a few versions ago, so it will be interesting to see how your system behaves with the newest release.  Hurry back when you can!

The thing is that docker apps are kinda sandboxed from the rest of the system, but if a wayward app happens to go nuts and starts chewing up 100% of the CPU resources, you're screwed.  (nb: This isn't the first report of sabnzbd doing this, most users have switched to nzbget with excellent results)

But, in reality you really want to put a limit on docker resources anyways.  IMO, after nzbget spends 4 hours d/l media, do I really care if it takes an extra 10 minutes to unpack it?  On every app I run, I limit the memory available to the app (--memory=4G) and limit it to a single core (--cpuset-cpus=1) (I try and balance out the cores between apps)  That way if an app does go haywire, there is still room on the system for other apps to run including emhttp.

Unfortunately, there is no way to limit the maximum amount of cpu usage that any app can take.  You can prioritize 1 app over another, but if everything is idle, then the lowest prioritized app can and will take 100% cpu if needed unless you limit the cores that its on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently installed tvheadend-unstable docker and since then, my Sabnzb docker, which has been rock solid, is experiencing crashed gui with the following message:

400 Bad Request

Illegal cookie name plushHistPerPage

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 635, in respond

self.process_headers()

File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 737, in process_headers

raise cherrypy.HTTPError(400, msg)

HTTPError: (400, 'Illegal cookie name plushHistPerPage')