Dockerization of some popular applications.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Anderson said:

If this thread is locked, then in my opinion there needs to be some general thread for a containers that don't already have their own thread.  That's why I posted in this thread in the first place.  It seemed to be a general thread, and since threads can't be created in this section, it seemed the only way to post an obscure issue for a barely used container.

the general place at the moment is in the Docker Engine section, i agree its not REALLY the right place but its a lot better than posting in a support thread from a guy who hasn't been here for 1.5 years.

link:- https://forums.unraid.net/forum/58-docker-engine/

@jonp what do you reckon, a new docker specific general section, might break up the massive "general support" thread and make searching a bit easier.

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, Mr. Anderson said:

They are asking me to share my Docker run command.  Is there a place where these are stored in unRAID?

Edit the template, make any stupid little change, revert it back and hit apply.  The docker run command will appear 

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

Edit the template, make any stupid little change, revert it back and hit apply.  The docker run command will appear 

I've seen that, just wondered if there was somewhere these were stored like they are displayed there so I can make changes.  There are a couple parameters in the run command I cannot get set to look like MS documentation via the GUI, but don't know if it matters.  For example the MS documentation shows the parameter -e 'ACCEPT_EULA=Y' but when I edit it through the GUI it shows like -e 'ACCEPT_EULA'='Y' with both the parameter and value wrapped in their own single quotes.  Also MS documentation shows -d microsoft/mssql-server-linux:latest but I cannot get a -d parameter set via the GUI.  I'm sure I'm missing something.

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Is this thread considered the official support thread for anything listed in CA?

No.  This is the needo / gfjardim support thread.  But what are you going to do?  Users will post where users post.   If you really want to enforce things, then the SQL posts should never have been posted here at all, but rather on GitHub where Microsoft wants their support handled.  Any question about say "How do I have Plex transcode in RAM" should be posted on the Plex forums, as its a general Plex specific question rather than a support question for the template maintainer.  Where do you draw the line?

Personally, I don't think that this thread should be locked.  If it's still pinned though, then that should definitely get changed.  

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Are needo's dockers still listed?

All deprecated, which means that previous users can install them, but new users can't

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Mr. Anderson said:

MS documentation shows the parameter -e 'ACCEPT_EULA=Y' but when I edit it through the GUI it shows like -e 'ACCEPT_EULA'='Y'

Perfectly acceptable

2 minutes ago, Mr. Anderson said:

but I cannot get a -d parameter set via the GUI.

ExtraParameters  (Advanced View)

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Perfectly acceptable

ExtraParameters  (Advanced View)

So sorry.  Feel very dumb.  I was in advanced view and thought it might show more options for Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device where I could set a custom.  This answers all my unRAID container questions.  Thank you so much and sorry for posting in the wrong place.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

It's not pinned and I'm not currently considering locking it.

fair enough :-), personally i think it should at the very least be renamed though, if its going to be a dumping ground for all docker (non support) questions then its hardly relevant to "Dockerization of some popular applications." but the decision is yours, ive said my bit :-).

the general place at the moment is in the Docker Engine section, i agree its not REALLY the right place but its a lot better than posting in a support thread from a guy who hasn't been here for 1.5 years.

link:- https://forums.unraid.net/forum/58-docker-engine/

[mention=62528]jonp[/mention] what do you reckon, a new docker specific general section, might break up the massive "general support" thread and make searching a bit easier.

I'll discuss this with the team. I'm starting to think that most topics under docker engine probably belong just in general support anyway. Same goes for the KVM thread. Probably do away with the VM templates support forum too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk