Dockerization of some popular applications.

I am having problems in getting nzbget to start.

This is what i have used for a run command

docker run -d --net=host --name="nzbget" -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -v /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget:/config -v /mnt/user:/AppData -p 6789:6789 needo/nzbget

root@UNRAID:~# docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE               COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES

root@UNRAID:~# docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                 COMMAND               CREATED             STATUS                       PORTS               NAMES
de8d104cdd0a        needo/nzbget:latest   /bin/bash /start.sh   3 minutes ago       Exited (255) 4 seconds ago                       nzbget

I even ran the nobody user command:

root@UNRAID:~# chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget

I am having problems in getting nzbget to start.

Could you please post what docker logs nzbget says?

Thank you.

hate to be igorant but where is the location of these logs

Not at all it is actually the command:

docker logs nzbget

i got it to start but it asks for username and pw

root@UNRAID:~# docker start nzbget
nzbget
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                 COMMAND               CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES
8178e3f817ed        needo/nzbget:latest   /bin/bash /start.sh   3 minutes ago       Up 3 seconds                            nzbget
root@UNRAID:~# docker logs nzbget

FATAL ERROR: Could not open file /config/nzbget.conf

/downloads/dst/nzbget.log: No such file or directory

something seems messed up

Also I noticed that unraid created a share on its own, is this normal behavoir, I had to set the share to cache only then it started

Also I noticed that unraid created a share on its own, is this normal behavoir, I had to set the share to cache only then it started

Any top level folder that you create will automatically be made into a share by unRAID.  Therefore if you created a new folder at the top level of the cache drive this will be made into a share that you may have to subsequently set to be cache 'only' (assuming that is how you want it to behave) as it never defaults to cache only.

I have been trying to get the Deluge thin client to connect to the daemon, following these instructions: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient

No success. Will not connect.

Anybody have any notion how to make that work?

By the by, were you still planning on doing a docker of Transmission? If you are, no hurry, I was just wondering. Can't get this Deluge app to work the way I want, and I need a functional BitTorrent client.

I have been trying to get the Deluge thin client to connect to the daemon, following these instructions: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient

No success. Will not connect.

Anybody have any notion how to make that work?

By the by, were you still planning on doing a docker of Transmission? If you are, no hurry, I was just wondering. Can't get this Deluge app to work the way I want, and I need a functional BitTorrent client.

I only opened up the web-ui port for delgue and not the server port for other clients to connect. I will post an update today which will open that up. I am still working on a transmission docker but it is taking awhile, deluge was easier to turn into a dock.

Oh good. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what I was not doing (is it permissions, is it syntax, did I misspell something, do I need absolute paths?). Now I can just chill and wait for the update. Thanks!

Also, with Deluge, I can specify either relative or absolute path to the downloads and torrent folders, but although it starts the download, completes it, and seeds, I can't find either the saved torrent files or the downloaded file in any of the places I have specified, or in the config directory either.

In nzbdrone, I'm getting this 'error'...

Unable to update, running from write-protected folder.  I've run the chown on the cache/appdata folder, so I'm not sure which folder it sees as write-protected, nor how to resolve it.

In-app updates do not work in Docker. I did update nzbdrone this morning with the latest version so if you grab the latest image...

docker stop nzbdrone

docker rm nzbdrone

docker rmi nzbdrone

And then your docker run command you will grab it.

Thanks, I did install your version fresh yesterday afternoon, so I assume I do have the latest.  I was just pointing out that the program is telling me that it's unable to update due to a write-only folder.  I only brought it up because when I was running the version from Sensei73 for the last few days, prior to this, and it wasn't giving me this warning, so I thought it might be the way this docker was installed, as opposed to his version.

not a big deal really, just thought it weird, and perhaps could be 'fixed'.

Oh good. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what I was not doing (is it permissions, is it syntax, did I misspell something, do I need absolute paths?). Now I can just chill and wait for the update. Thanks!

Also, with Deluge, I can specify either relative or absolute path to the downloads and torrent folders, but although it starts the download, completes it, and seeds, I can't find either the saved torrent files or the downloaded file in any of the places I have specified, or in the config directory either.

You're download paths inside of deluge will start with /downloads

The default username is nzbget and the password is tegbzn6789 you will then need to configure nzbget to fit your environment.

I don't get a prompt for username or password.

Error: 503 Service Unavailable

and when i try to get the logs

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                 COMMAND               CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES
68545aeb08d7        needo/nzbget:latest   /bin/bash /start.sh   10 minutes ago      Up 10 minutes                           nzbget
root@UNRAID:~#

The default username is nzbget and the password is tegbzn6789 you will then need to configure nzbget to fit your environment.

I don't get a prompt for username or password.

Error: 503 Service Unavailable

and when i try to get the logs

68545aeb08d7        needo/nzbget:latest   /bin/bash /start.sh   10 minutes ago      Up 10 minutes                           nzbget
root@UNRAID:~#

I'll post a fix in a few. I see where it can be improved.

I noticed in your run commands you don't specify "-h or use --net= host" is there a reason on why not to add that command.

I'm still not having any luck with this container

root@UNRAID:/mnt/cache/apps# docker run -d --name="nzbget" -v /mnt/cache/apps/nzbget:/config -v /mnt/user:/downloads -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 6789:6789 needo/nzbget
a805a39307b200a66065e99780e3c6eb7d57e51383b49afe3ee1eda5de8885de
root@UNRAID:/mnt/cache/apps# docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                   COMMAND                CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
a805a39307b2        needo/nzbget:latest     /bin/bash /start.sh    2 minutes ago       Up 2 minutes        0.0.0.0:6789->6789/tcp   nzbget
cd7378cc12da        needo/nzbdrone:latest   mono /opt/NzbDrone/N   2 hours ago         Up 2 hours                                   nzbdrone

logs report

root@UNRAID:/mnt/cache/apps# docker logs nzbget
/start.sh: line 5: continue: only meaningful in a `for', `while', or `until' loop
/start.sh: line 13: continue: only meaningful in a `for', `while', or `until' loop

I noticed in your run commands you don't specify "-h or use --net= host" is there a reason on why not to add that command.

root@UNRAID:/mnt/cache/apps# docker run -d --name="nzbget" -v /mnt/cache/apps/nzbget:/config -v /mnt/user:/downloads -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 6789:6789 needo/nzbget
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                   COMMAND                CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
a805a39307b2        needo/nzbget:latest     /bin/bash /start.sh    2 minutes ago       Up 2 minutes        0.0.0.0:6789->6789/tcp   nzbget
cd7378cc12da        needo/nzbdrone:latest   mono /opt/NzbDrone/N   2 hours ago         Up 2 hours                                   nzbdrone

logs report

/start.sh: line 5: continue: only meaningful in a `for', `while', or `until' loop
/start.sh: line 13: continue: only meaningful in a `for', `while', or `until' loop

So odd. This works perfectly on my unRAID systems.

New version building now.

logs report

So odd. This works perfectly on my unRAID systems.

New version building now.

GREMLINS....

I noticed the same thing, and originally had included it in my run commands, but then removed all images, and reinstalled without any -h in the command, and I can still connect with servername:port, so there must be something in the containers that handles this for us.

i must be doing something wrong here.

I ran the command, and "docker ps" tells me its running but only have the conf file in that location and for some reason it made top level shares on my unraid server.

inter

nzb

tmp

queue

nzbget

In your docker run command you specify:

-v /mnt/user:/downloads

It's creating the downloads where you told them to. :)

That really should be -v /mnt/cache/downloads:/downloads (If you have a cache drive)

I am getting closer

root@UNRAID:~# mkdir /mnt/cache/apps/downloads
root@UNRAID:~# chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/apps/downloads
root@UNRAID:~# docker run -d --name="nzbget" -v /mnt/cache/apps/nzbget:/config -v /mnt/cache/apps/downloads:/downloads -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 6789:6789 needo/nzbget
Unable to find image 'needo/nzbget' locally
Pulling repository needo/nzbget
12c466d38830: Download complete
511136ea3c5a: Download complete
d1881793a057: Download complete
b164861940b8: Download complete
5f14d446e479: Download complete
6dea55328caf: Download complete
9b33cab0194f: Download complete
27247942c782: Download complete
de7d7f6d6b5f: Download complete
1f873dbc5d99: Download complete
2221c6a7dc4f: Download complete
c76670891a3d: Download complete
5ecdb5e3ce38: Download complete
f50962993dcc: Download complete
2f0816e4f756: Download complete
41c268842e02: Download complete
b39ab05e6340b2a8d3cd755865247c70ef7442fe4cc14f61855a22b32dec7488
root@UNRAID:~# dicker ps
-bash: dicker: command not found
b39ab05e6340        needo/nzbget:latest     /bin/bash /start.sh    9 seconds ago       Up 8 seconds        0.0.0.0:6789->6789/tcp   nzbget
cd7378cc12da        needo/nzbdrone:latest   mono /opt/NzbDrone/N   3 hours ago         Up 40 minutes                                nzbdrone

log

Tue Jun 24 13:26:54 2014	INFO	nzbget 12.0 daemon-mode

when i attempt to open a browser and enter location of "unraid:6789 or 192.68.2.99"

I get "oops google chrome cannot connect"