Adding a second NIC to create a bridge

I'm trying to reduce the number of computers in my house that have to remain on 24/7.  At the moment I have one that sniffs callerID and displays it to my SageTV server and other computers via YAC.

I have a perl script that can sniff the SIP packets and do all the details.  I've always wanted to run this on UnRaid but I didn't want to try to get perl installed and running.  Now with bubbaraid out there including perl I'm considering doing this.

The rub is that I have an unmanaged switch so the packets never get to the UnRaid box, but instead go directly to the Vonage ATA.  I'd like to put a second NIC into the UnRaid and bridge it to the first NIC, then connect the ATA to the second NIC.  At this point the data packets will be available to UnRaid to sniff and I should be able to get it running and shutdown another machine.  This machine has a modem in it and is running YAC, I really want to get rid of this machine/modem.

Anyone know the details on how to set this up on slackware?  I've found how to's for other Linux distributions, but they don't appear to work on slackware.  Maybe I"m not googling well enough?

thanks for any help,

dave