[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

Just a clarification about these two containers, they are actually both version 4.4.1 but as soon as the CrashPlan container starts and connects to CrashPlan it will get updated to the latest version that is 4.5.2.

If you just wait until the update of the CrashPlan container is done you will be able to connect with CrashPlan Desktop container (still on version 4.1.1). Be a bit patient, it might take 15 minutes or so.

To get the CrashPlan Desktop container to auto update is probably not as easy since this this is most likely a subset of the CrashPlan app (that contains both the server and the client) so it’s probably a lot of manual work to strip out the code and adopting it for use with the CrashPlan Desktop container.

One possible solution might be a new Container containing both the server and client that could replace these two containers. With some luck it might be easier to have that configuration to auto update without any interaction from the maintainer of the container.

I am having an issue with CrashPlan-Desktop.  I just last night downloaded and installed the Dockers for Crashplan and then CrashPlan-Desktop.  When I look at the log for Crashplan it appears to be working as far as I can tell. When I remote desktop into CrashPlan-Desktop and double click or right click and Open on the icon for CrashPlan it does nothing.  No splash screen, no error, no anything.  I am at a loss for what to do.

After my scare last night of having my USB device go bad I really would like to get CrashPlan working so I can try to get my data backed up in the cloud also, so any help is more than appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate

One possible solution might be a new Container containing both the server and client that could replace these two containers. With some luck it might be easier to have that configuration to auto update without any interaction from the maintainer of the container.

That would be awesome! :). Oh, and thank you for the answer!

Well, let’s hope that some developer excepts the challenge.

I am running CrashPlan in an Ubuntu VM and that works fine but there is still a lot of work to get it working in a container and there is no guarantee that an update to a new version doesn’t require some work to get it working again depending on what changes CrashPlan actually implements.

Well, let’s hope that some developer excepts the challenge.

I am running CrashPlan in an Ubuntu VM and that works fine but there is still a lot of work to get it working in a container and there is no guarantee that an update to a new version doesn’t require some work to get it working again depending on what changes CrashPlan actually implements.

I'll investigate the possibility of doing so.

Normal behavior is that when connecting to CrashPlan Desktop container trough RDP and login the CrashPlan GUI would start automatically.

Post screenshots of the configuration page with the settings for both containers with Advanced View enabled.

Here is the screenshots of the configuration pages with the settings for both container

Crashplan_1.PNG.14af43c47f6101115ec860bf946ef28e.PNG

Crashplan_2.PNG.6074d10d081995d089e56f91edd9b200.PNG

CrashPlan_Desktop_1.PNG.e165054e1e39ab69729a4ae0f9cc290f.PNG

CrashPlan_Desktop_2.PNG.1bd5a12cd010288dc8058eba6defd1ee.PNG

I was able to get it to work.  Apparently it does not like having a directory with upper and lower case within it for the creation of it.  I deleted both of my Docker Containers and noticed in my filesystem that I had a folder that was being created called appdata when I should only of had AppData.  So I cleaned up the extra folders and recreated the dockers with all lower case paths and everything worked properly this time around.  Aside from having it lose connection to the Backup Enine already once and having to reboot both to get it to work again.

Thanks for attempting to help but everything is good to go now.

Regards,

Nate

Ok, guys, I think I did it.

Please, instead of purely update your containers, please Edit it and change the following fields:

Description:

With unlimited, set-it-and-get-at-it backup to multiple destinations, plus anywhere, anytime access to ALL your files, CrashPlan is the simplest, surest way to protect your digital life.[br][br]
    [b][span style='color: #E80000;']Notes:[/span][/b][br][br]
    [*]The web interface is usually hosted on port 4280; if you need to change it, please enable the Advanced View, edit the [b]WEB_PORT[/b] variable and the [b]WebUI[/b]  field accordingly.[br]

WebUI:

http://[iP]:[PORT:4280]/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[iP]&port=[PORT:4280]

I'm updating the template, so new users aren't affected by this.

Ok, guys, I think I did it.

Please, instead of purely update your containers, please Edit it and change the following fields:

Description:

With unlimited, set-it-and-get-at-it backup to multiple destinations, plus anywhere, anytime access to ALL your files, CrashPlan is the simplest, surest way to protect your digital life.[br][br]
    [*]The web interface is usually hosted on port 4280; if you need to change it, please enable the Advanced View, edit the [b]WEB_PORT[/b] variable and the [b]WebUI[/b]  field accordingly.[br]

WebUI:

I'm updating the template, so new users aren't affected by this.

Also you need to add a port 4280 > 4280 mapping.  Are TCP 4242 and 4243 still required?

Ok, i wiped out all of my Crashplan dockers, online backup (stucked at 46% since months). 

I want to start fresh. 

I only find Crashplan-Desktop.  Is there still a docker to run the backup engine? or it's all under Crashplan-desktop ?  I see that Crashplan enterprise have now crashplan 5.x, I guess we will see that eventually for the Home version :)

Or, Should I use a Ubuntu VM with 9p sharing to the host and backup with that ??

I'll deprecate the Crashplan-Desktop container soon. Please update the CrashPlan container and uninstall the Desktop one.

So the CrashPlan docker has the desktop thing in the same docker now? So we only would need one docker for everything?

Just update the old docker, change the some setting (from your post) and delete crashplan-desktop and we are good to go?

I'll deprecate the Crashplan-Desktop container soon. Please update the CrashPlan container and uninstall the Desktop one.

So the CrashPlan docker has the desktop thing in the same docker now? So we only would need one docker for everything?

Just update the old docker, change the some setting (from your post) and delete crashplan-desktop and we are good to go?

Exactly.

can't find them with the Apps tab here.  Only show Crashplan-desktop.  also, If I choose more results from docker hub, I find a new docker from gfjardim built 2-3h ago.  I installed this one, but it doesn't work; it can't connect to the VNC.

And here is why:

DOMDocument::load(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/templates/gfjardim/CrashPlan.xml, line: 11 

Its his WebUI line which probably needs to be encased in a CDATA section because of the &

can't find them with the Apps tab here.  Only show Crashplan-desktop.  also, If I choose more results from docker hub, I find a new docker from gfjardim built 2-3h ago.  I installed this one, but it doesn't work; it can't connect to the VNC.

And here is why:

DOMDocument::load(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/templates/gfjardim/CrashPlan.xml, line: 11 

Its his WebUI line which probably needs to be encased in a CDATA section because of the &

Nice catch, will fix it.

And here is why:

Nice catch, will fix it.

Here is the correct modifications:

Description:

WebUI:

Also you need to add a port 4280 > 4280 mapping.  Are TCP 4242 and 4243 still required?

If you set it's network as bridged then yes, but IMHO CrashPlan works better with host network.

I'll add those port mappings either way.