[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

Nice catch, will fix it.

And now there's

Opening and ending tag mismatch: Networking line 59 and Container in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/templates/gfjardim/CrashPlan.xml, line: 62

(looks like Extra <Networking> at the end)

Extra bitchy XML parsers! Please tell me it's working right now....

Nice catch, will fix it.

And now there's

Opening and ending tag mismatch: Networking line 59 and Container in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/templates/gfjardim/CrashPlan.xml, line: 62

(looks like Extra <Networking> at the end)

Extra bitchy XML parsers! Please tell me it's working right now....

Its at least showing up now (those errors were from the Update Applications button) which parses through DOM.

Should re-appear on the appfeed within 2 hours. 

Also you need to add a port 4280 > 4280 mapping.  Are TCP 4242 and 4243 still required?

If you set it's network as bridged then yes, but IMHO CrashPlan works better with host network.

I'll add those port mappings either way.

it's always been bridge mode since i installed it, but i've switched it to host, Thanks.  This new single vnc container is awesome.

Wow!  This is going to be so much easier for people to use, thanks a ton gfjardim!

Here are step-by-step instructions for updating:

• Go to the Docker tab
  • Click on the CrashPlan-Desktop docker icon and choose Remove
  • Click the Crashplan docker icon and hit Edit
  • Ensure it is set to Host mode, or be prepared to add/modify the ports
  • Click the button for Advanced View
  • Change the WebUI and Description fields as described here
  • Hit Save
  • Wait for it to install and start running

To use (just one step!):

• Click the CrashPlan docker icon and choose WebUI

Hi. I was having problems to connect to the crashplan desktop and was hunting in the forum for any solutions. I found and did this update and it works brilliant - thank you very much gfjardim :-)

I had a big problem with adopting my old backup when i loaded this to my server and after several weeks and limited support from code42 i have had to start again - and as my backup was over 1TB its going to take some time, happy i was not !! no fault of the docker i must add.

Can i suggest you go to the docker sticky where all of the containers repositories are listed and make an update as the old docker is there with the crashplan desktop which is no longer needed. Maybe an edit to the OP would also help a loot of people who are hunting around like me?

Thanks again to all of the really helpful key members here

Thanks for this Crashplan docker update. Everything works very well after following the update instructions in this thread.

I also do not see the high CPU usage with this docker that I saw with the separate Crashplan-Desktop docker.

I do have a question however.  When I start the WebUI it takes from 30 seconds to a minute after initiating the VNC handshake before the Crashplan desktop appears.  Just want to make sure this is the "normal" behavior and I do not have a configuration or network issue.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your good work gfjardim, keep it up  ;D

Would it be possible to protect the VNC client with password?

In the next release.

Just Lovely!

Will the desktop & engine now auto-update when crashplan pushes?

(Where previously only the engine would auto-updated)

Thanks again!

No auto updates.

Is there like a baby step guide to setting this up? I'm a newb and just finished building my backup server, but am really struggling reading through old documentation to find the new standard. Quite honestly, it's getting frustrating searching, reading for 15 minutes, then finding out it's no longer a valid method.

Do I just need this docker and no VM?

Is there like a baby step guide to setting this up? I'm a newb and just finished building my backup server, but am really struggling reading through old documentation to find the new standard. Quite honestly, it's getting frustrating searching, reading for 15 minutes, then finding out it's no longer a valid method.

If you haven't deployed it yet, you can use the new template from Community Applications. No mods are needed.

In the next release.

Awsome  :D

Done. See the OP.

If you haven't deployed it yet, you can use the new template from Community Applications. No mods are needed.

Do I load CrashPlan or Crashplan-Desktop if I'm a new user of this?

CrashPlan.

Just Crashplan now, crashplan-desktop was before.

In the next release.

Awsome  :D

Done. See the OP.

Thanks man :D Awesome

Thanks for this Crashplan docker update. Everything works very well after following the update instructions in this thread.

I also do not see the high CPU usage with this docker that I saw with the separate Crashplan-Desktop docker.

I do have a question however.  When I start the WebUI it takes from 30 seconds to a minute after initiating the VNC handshake before the Crashplan desktop appears.  Just want to make sure this is the "normal" behavior and I do not have a configuration or network issue.

Thanks again.

It goes instant for me, no waiting before Crashplan desktop appers.

In the first post you say:

Q) I need to password protect my web client. Can I do that?

A) Of course. Please edit the RDP_PASSWD variable with the desired password.

Since I updated the docker, I don't have any variables to edit (in Environment Variables under advanced view).

I added RDP_PASSWD in Variable Name, and "Test" in Variable Value, but I still can connect without password. What am I doing wrong.

I dont have the WEB_PORT Variable either then, do I need that? Or only if I want to change port?

Any other Variables I need?

Thanks again.

It goes instant for me, no waiting before Crashplan desktop appers.

In the first post you say:

Q) I need to password protect my web client. Can I do that?

A) Of course. Please edit the RDP_PASSWD variable with the desired password.

Since I updated the docker, I don't have any variables to edit (in Environment Variables under advanced view).

I added RDP_PASSWD in Variable Name, and "Test" in Variable Value, but I still can connect without password. What am I doing wrong.

I dont have the WEB_PORT Variable either then, do I need that? Or only if I want to change port?

Any other Variables I need?

Variables can be added as needed. The correct variable to change the password is VNC_PASSWD . Sorry for my mistake.

You should only play with WEB_PORT if needed (e.g. another process uses port 4380).

This is awesome! Thanks gfjardim for your work on this too!

I followed the upgrade instructions posted by ljm42 earlier in the thread and everything worked - except for one thing, highlighted in italics below:

1. From computer 1, running W10 with latest Chrome browser, I have no control over the cursor in the  VNC window

2. From computer 1, running W10 with latest Edge browser, I have full control over the cursor in the  VNC window

3. From computer 2, running W10 with latest Chrome browser, I have full control over the cursor in the VNC window

I can access the VNC menu points and open them, but once I try to move the cursor inside the boundaries of the Crashplan app window, cursor disappears - the cursor (arrow) in the Crashplan app just sits there, mocking me.

Have tried opening the settings and check the "local cursor" setting, but the box stays greyed. It is however checked when opening the settings in scenario 2 and 3.

Any suggestions? Could there be some kind of Chrome browser setting that prevents me from taking over the cursor in scenario 1?

Cheers,

Thomas