[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

Is it possible to use a traditional VNC app to connect to the web interface ?

I use an iPad quite often and it's very difficult to use via the web interface. I tried with a VNC connect to my unraid ip, port 4280 without any luck.

Thanks

Not right now, but the next release will have a VNC server available on port 4279 (in fact, WEB_PORT - 1).

I use an iPad quite often and it's very difficult to use via the web interface. I tried with a VNC connect to my unraid ip, port 4280 without any luck.

Thanks

Not right now, but the next release will have a VNC server available on port 4279 (in fact, WEB_PORT - 1).

Nice!  That sounds like the best of both worlds

Thanks

Awesome! ????

Hope to see it soon

If I run in bridge mode with ports mapped, everything works just fine. However, my crashplan client on my laptop, that backs up to my server, reports the IP as the 172.something of the bridged network, causing it to use the external/public address since it thinks it isn't local.

When I change it to host mode, I get this error sequence repeating in the log:

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running
Obt-Message: Xinerama extension is not present on the server
Obt-Message: XRandR extension is not present on the server
Openbox-Message: A window manager is already running on screen 0
_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/BEAST:1
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

I have nothing on 4280 or 4279, and as far as I know no other dockers on my server is running a VNC server.  However, I found this:

root@BEAST:~# netstat -tulpn | grep 5900
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5900            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      3765/x11vnc
root@BEAST:~# ps aux | grep 3765
root      3765  0.1  0.0  98080  9956 ?        S    16:20   0:00 x11vnc -display :1 -xkb
root@BEAST:~# ls -l /proc/3765/exe
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 17 16:26 /proc/3765/exe -> /usr/bin/x11vnc

So - I don't think this is a crashplan docker problem - but does anybody know how to identify where this x11vnc process came from so I can kill it and let crashplan run in host mode?

Is there a way to identify what processes are being used by each container?

This is awesome! Thanks gfjardim for your work on this too!

I followed the upgrade instructions posted by ljm42 earlier in the thread and everything worked - except for one thing, highlighted in italics below:

1. From computer 1, running W10 with latest Chrome browser, I have no control over the cursor in the  VNC window

2. From computer 1, running W10 with latest Edge browser, I have full control over the cursor in the  VNC window

3. From computer 2, running W10 with latest Chrome browser, I have full control over the cursor in the VNC window

I can access the VNC menu points and open them, but once I try to move the cursor inside the boundaries of the Crashplan app window, cursor disappears - the cursor (arrow) in the Crashplan app just sits there, mocking me.

Have tried opening the settings and check the "local cursor" setting, but the box stays greyed. It is however checked when opening the settings in scenario 2 and 3.

Any suggestions? Could there be some kind of Chrome browser setting that prevents me from taking over the cursor in scenario 1?

Cheers,

Thomas

I have the same problem running Chrome on Win7 - cannot control the cursor <with my mouse> over the CrashPlan app in the VNC window... ("Local Cursor" is grayed out within the VNC settings)

But using IE on the same PC it works fine...  (Local cursor is enabled within the VNC settings)

I've isolated the issue, it seems to be related to my laptop having a touchscreen. I can "touch" the CrashPlan app via noVNC just fine using my laptops touch screen using Chrome browser, but soon as I use the mouse it stops!

Something about using a mouse on a touchscreen enabled device and noVNC over the Chrome browser... breaks.

My 2c.

So - I don't think this is a crashplan docker problem - but does anybody know how to identify where this x11vnc process came from so I can kill it and let crashplan run in host mode?

Can you stop your other dockers and vms one at a time until this one starts without error?  Curious to know what the conflict is, hopefully there is a work around.

I have the same problem running Chrome on Win7 - cannot control the cursor <with my mouse> over the CrashPlan app in the VNC window... ("Local Cursor" is grayed out within the VNC settings)

But using IE on the same PC it works fine...  (Local cursor is enabled within the VNC settings)

I've isolated the issue, it seems to be related to my laptop having a touchscreen. I can "touch" the CrashPlan app via noVNC just fine using my laptops touch screen using Chrome browser, but soon as I use the mouse it stops!

Something about using a mouse on a touchscreen enabled device and noVNC over the Chrome browser... breaks.

My 2c.

This is spot on - my computer 1 is a laptop with touchscreen (Lenovo Y2P) - I have a nagging feeling that if I'd stayed with W8, I wouldn't have been facing this. Not very happy with the W10 upgrade overall :-/

Cheers,

Thomas

Can you stop your other dockers and vms one at a time until this one starts without error?  Curious to know what the conflict is, hopefully there is a work around.

Figured out the conflict - but I don't know how to resolve..  Sparklyballs' MythTv container is where the VNC server is coming from. 

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41110.0

I'm able to RDP into that container on port 3389 to a desktop of some sort, I don't know if there is a VNC component to that connection.  MythTv is currently in host networking and is working well, and I hate to break it if it's working. But I'll try changing it to bridge and mapping in all the ports (the MythTv dockerfile has this:EXPOSE 3310 3389 5000/udp 5002/udp 5004/udp 6543 6544 6760 65001 65001/udp )

I'm not sure if MythTv will have a similar issue of detecting the wrong IP. I know there's something in the MythTv backend setup where you set an IP - This will have to be verified.

I'm also going to try crashplan in bridged mode with the ports and see what happens.  I'll watch my router and see where the traffic goes. My original comment

reports the IP as the 172.something of the bridged network, causing it to use the external/public address since it thinks it isn't local
is an assumption, not based on any facts as of yet..

Or if somebody knows how to contact sparklyballs and ask him if vnc can be changed/removed, that would help too.

When I try to install 'CrashPlan' from CA, below warning shows up. All the UI controls shows up though.

Warning: DOMDocument::load(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/236.xml, line: 5 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 379 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/236.xml, line: 5 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 379

Other plugins I tried after this from CA are fine (to eliminate local issues).

When I try to install 'CrashPlan' from CA, below warning shows up. All the UI controls shows up though.

Warning: DOMDocument::load(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/236.xml, line: 5 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 379 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/236.xml, line: 5 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 379

Within CA, try hitting "Update Applications" and try it again.

If that fixes it, post a reminder for me to check it out in the CA thread.

If it doesn't fix it, then there's an issue with the template.

Just looked at the appFeed, and the issue is the same (but in reverse) as what was affecting the template a couple of days ago.

can't find them with the Apps tab here.  Only show Crashplan-desktop.  also, If I choose more results from docker hub, I find a new docker from gfjardim built 2-3h ago.  I installed this one, but it doesn't work; it can't connect to the VNC.

And here is why:

DOMDocument::load(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/templates/gfjardim/CrashPlan.xml, line: 11 

Its his WebUI line which probably needs to be encased in a CDATA section because of the &

Nice catch, will fix it.

Update Applications within CA should allow you to install Crashplan, but I'm going to have to fix CA tonight to handle that damn & in the webUI line.

Extra bitchy XML parsers!

Also... real easy to create a desktop shortcut on windows10 that launches EDGE with these pages.. That way you can still use chrome for the rest..

This is an amazing update to the plugin.. It actually solves a major issue with Crashplan.. The "cannot really run headless without a lot of fuss" thing..

Thanks !!!!

For a shortcut:  create one on the desktop and use as URL:

microsoft-edge:http://192.168.1.13:4280/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=192.168.1.13&port=4280

(ofcourse change IP address to suite your specific situation)

My 2c.

This is spot on - my computer 1 is a laptop with touchscreen (Lenovo Y2P) - I have a nagging feeling that if I'd stayed with W8, I wouldn't have been facing this. Not very happy with the W10 upgrade overall :-/

Cheers,

Thomas

Seems this is a NoVNC problem - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/novnc/bOpKeuZCd7s

Hello,

Thanks for this update !

Sadly, it doesn't work for me : I have a black screen when connecting to noVNC (i see my cursor and that's all).

I've tried on W10 Chrome & W10 Edge, same result.

I'm on a QNAP NAS, using Docker.

Have you an idea ?

Thanks.

The problem was a permission error.

The "CrashPlan-Desktop" hasn't the rights on the config folder.

Now it's ok !

Crashplan not able to backup to external devices (USB drives) or Network shares.

Crashplan always stops at 16GB written, but nothing is actually written to any disks or shares.  It tells me that there is insufficient space on the drive.  My memory usage seems to increase to around 62% and I am running a server with 32GB of RAM.

Is it possible that Crashplan is writing to RAM and not the external disks or shares?  The docker image usage shows about 33GB of space remaining, so I'm thinking it's not being written there.

Here is my docker setup:

Thank you!

Untitled.png.45e45e8d53fe18eda1a0f26976ef4aeb.png