[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

Hello

I'm stuck with this question "Q) Why is Crashplan storing backups in my docker.img?", ive tried the steps suggested and its still backing up to the image i have mounted an smb share of another nas using unassigned devices... please help

Kind Regards

Ryan

It could be that the folder mappings for the container are incorrect. Another reason is the fact that you are using the plugin Unassigned Devices to connect to a remote server.

When you start your server the Docker containers (and CrashPlan) are started before the plugin Unassigned Devices has been started and mounted the remote server. This makes your remote server invisible for CrashPlan.

Go to Main (unRAID GUI) and Unassigned Devices and click on the Mount point entry and make sure that you can see the folder on the remote server and its content.

If that works, use the CrashPlan GUI and select Destinations and browse for the destination folder and see if you can see it here as well.

It would be useful to see your folder mappings for CrashPlan. I have included the settings for my configuration.

CrashPlan_mappings.png.98be788af82619de732b6edc1eb52157.png

Hi guys,

I'm new at Dockers, and just installed this package on my Synology.

The systeem seems to install, but i'm encountering 2 problemens.

When i want to login to VNC ( the webinterface works ) I cannot connect ( tried using the password PASSWD )

When i restart te container I see this in the terminal screen : Did not find /usr/local/crashplan/bin/run.conf

This is in the log file : 172.17.42.1: ignoring socket not ready

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Riestad

I guess you should ask on a synology forum ?

For Crashplan to quote such impossible memory requirements is ridiculous. Who has 600MB? Who has 1TB of memory? No one. Maybe a super computer that costs as much as a car.

600mb of memory ? everyone...

1TB of memory would be for approx 1500tb of storage...

I think you misread my post.. Their requirements are the same as zfs asks... so probably not that over the top..

Yea, misread that one. What I read and what was in my head two different things.

I don't have a very high upload speed, I think it caps out around 30-40Mbps and after I added that extra 40GB to Crashplan the upload time indicates 2.1 years. Too funny. I think I'll stick to my couple terabytes that I have up there now. Not very practical in my case. The users that have 10+ TB on Crashplan, what kind up upload speeds do you have and how long did it take to complete that initial upload?

I don't have a very high upload speed, I think it caps out around 30-40Mbps and after I added that extra 40GB to Crashplan the upload time indicates 2.1 years. Too funny. I think I'll stick to my couple terabytes that I have up there now. Not very practical in my case. The users that have 10+ TB on Crashplan, what kind up upload speeds do you have and how long did it take to complete that initial upload?

I use crashplan but I backup to a secundairy unraid server.. So not to their cloud.. I also tried uploading to their cloud but that is totally unpracticle...

All of a sudden, I'm now getting the message that crashplan cannot connect to the backup engine this morning. I have tried re-starting the docker, and then tried to force an update. Crashplan is at 4.6 and looking at the website, the engine is connecting to the cloud and backup up. Does anyone know if the engine version has changed again as this is often the issue - my desktop version is running 4.6 locally and connects to it's backup engine - it's just using novnc that cannot connect.

Cancel that - I restarted the server and we're back in action

All of a sudden, I'm now getting the message that crashplan cannot connect to the backup engine this morning. I have tried re-starting the docker, and then tried to force an update. Crashplan is at 4.6 and looking at the website, the engine is connecting to the cloud and backup up. Does anyone know if the engine version has changed again as this is often the issue - my desktop version is running 4.6 locally and connects to it's backup engine - it's just using novnc that cannot connect.

Cancel that - I restarted the server and we're back in action

Do you use chrome ?  It works very badly with vnc.. try with Edge, IE or firefox...

I'm going to ask a dumb question that I couldn't find the answer to anywhere, but I'm sure exists. Feel feel to just point me to a link.

Why should we put the docker setup on the cache drive? Is it a performance reason (faster speeds)? Is it so we aren't constantly spinning up and down multiple drives in the array? Is it so we don't constantly write data to the disk & parity? Is there any harm in putting in on the array?

If we do use a cache drive what's the risk of the cache dying with the docker/crashplan data on it? Do you automatically have the cache set to backup to your array at night?

Again, I apologize if this has been asked before. I just would like to understand a bit better the proper use of the cache drive before I sacrifice a sata port for cache disk.

-Eric

...Is it a performance reason (faster speeds)? Is it so we aren't constantly spinning up and down multiple drives in the array? Is it so we don't constantly write data to the disk & parity?

All the above.

I back up mine once a week even though I have cache pool. Your docker.img doesn't really need to be backed up, just the appdata. The dockers themselves can be reinstalled from your templates.

I keep getting this error when I try to install the desktop.  Are the files gone or the server down?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="CrashPlan-Desktop" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 3389:3389/tcp --volumes-from CrashPlan gfjardim/crashplan-desktop

Unable to find image 'gfjardim/crashplan-desktop:latest' locally

Pulling repository gfjardim/crashplan-desktop

Error: image gfjardim/crashplan-desktop:latest not found

The command failed.

I keep getting this error when I try to install the desktop.  Are the files gone or the server down?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="CrashPlan-Desktop" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 3389:3389/tcp --volumes-from CrashPlan gfjardim/crashplan-desktop

Unable to find image 'gfjardim/crashplan-desktop:latest' locally

Pulling repository gfjardim/crashplan-desktop

Error: image gfjardim/crashplan-desktop:latest not found

The command failed.

It is a docker hub issue.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42148.msg458415#msg458415

Edit: Whoops, you are not supposed to install the desktop version anymore like Helmonder says

When trying to update to the newest version of Crashplan I get the following warning.  Everything was working until this and I am able to install other docker apps.  What is up with this?

Warning: DOMDocument::load(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/249.xml, line: 5 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 379 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/249.xml, line: 5 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 379

When trying to update to the newest version of Crashplan I get the following warning.  Everything was working until this and I am able to install other docker apps.  What is up with this?

Warning: DOMDocument::load(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/249.xml, line: 5 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 379 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): EntityRef: expecting ';' in /var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/249.xml, line: 5 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 379

what version of CA?