[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

Yep, CP started to update itself and that breaks the container. I removed the auto update functionality until I can fix it, so please update.

I thought it was just bad timing on my part.  I also tried disabling autoupdate and didn't have much success.  I did remove all traces of my CP install (image, container, config, etc) and reinstalled your docker image.  I run in the same problems I had when I disabled autoupdating.  Unable to login, able to login but when adopting my server things stop working, endless reconnection loops.  Generally just a nightmare.

I'll just wait for you to update the docker image with the new crashplan.  I imagine you're getting tired of it as well.  90% of the time the UI is unnecessary, I just decided to dive back in at the wrong time.

I've updated the container with the recent update and now I only get a black screen when using the web VNC viewer. Already tried forcing an update of the container and restarting it, any other ideas?

I had the same problem.  Not sure why this only happens to a few of us.  If I perform a clean install (remove everything including container, image, and app data), I see the login screen.  If I enter my login information it states 'information is incorrect', immediately disconnects from VNC and is dead from that point forward.  Not sure if it's just VNC that is dead or if Crashplan is unresponsive.  I can see CP running in top and I can login on the CP website.  So I know that my login info is correct.

Finally managed to get this to work.  Must have been user error.  Or maybe installing 50 times pays off.

Well I updated and like those above my Blackscreen persists. Please, has anyone got the cure for this?

My only "cure" when the VNC client would black screen was to connect with the Windows client.  I was able to get the VNC client connecting after a couple of reinstalls of the docker, but, it still takes 30-40 seconds to connect. 

The biggest pain with the Windows headless config is the need for a manual file copy (.ui.info) from Windows client to CrashPlan docker after every server reboot, docker update or CrashPlan engine restart.  The joys of Code 42 not officially supporting headless installations.

This is a repost from the Crashplan support thread, perhaps related to what else is going on recently?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39227.msg467101#msg467101

This is the strangest thing.  I installed Crashplan docker and it was working perfectly for a couple of days.  Then it just went away.  Completely gone from my docker?!?  I've been having problems with my plex docker doing odd things - See: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45844.msg466039#msg466039 - so don't know if related.

But crashplan does not show up in main - yet - the directory structure is there?  Appdata is on my cache drive share.

width=500http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20160427-3jzo-35kb.jpg[/img]

Any ideas what could be going on?

Puzzled in Wisconsin...

I just got an email from Code42 that says that on May 16th, they will stop supporting Operating System I have. 

They send me to a link saying that :

Supported

Linux using:
Kernel version 2.6.32 or later and
glibc version 2.9 or later
Supported 

Not Supported

Linux
Kernel version 2.6.13 or earlier
glibc version 2.4 or earlier
latest version supported 4.4.1

I just got the email as well.  My understanding is that the image is running Ubuntu 14.04 which should be kernal 3.13 which I would think meets those specs.  I also ran ldd --version and it says it is eglibc 2.19 again should be high enough.  Not sure if it is miss detecting or if the image needs updating.

Yep, got it as well.  Here's the exact email contents:

Dear Jeff,

Our records indicate that one or more of the devices associated with your CrashPlan account are using an operating system that does not meet the supported operating system version requirements.

Beginning on May 16, 2016, all devices that connect to the Code42 public cloud will be upgraded to CrashPlan app version 4.7. If you use another computer you own or a friend's computer as a backup destination, both computers must upgrade to CrashPlan app version 4.7 in order for backups to continue. These computers must be upgraded to a supported operating system so that the CrashPlan app can automatically upgrade to version 4.7 and continue computer-to-computer backups.

Details on this topic and your options can be found on our support site.

For an optimal data backup strategy, we strongly recommend that our users backup to three destinations – local, offsite and online. Learn more about our triple destination backup strategy here.

If you are interested in learning more about automatic, continuous cloud storage options from CrashPlan, check out our subscription options at store.code42.com/store/.

Thank you,

The CrashPlan team

Well.. unless I totally misunderstand the way the Dockers work they are certainly not running ubuntu..

I also received the mail and it does worry me a lot.. For some reason Crashplan think we are using a version that will no longer be supported.. The same thing they use to identify the people who get the mail might be used to "block" certain users...

The supported linux list says:

Linux using:
Kernel version 2.6.32 or later and
glibc version 2.9 or later
Supported 

The linux kernel version can be seen at bootup:

Linux Tower 4.4.6-unRAID #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 25 21:34:35 PDT 2016 x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

So that looks fine.

GLIBC: I googled this (without knowing what it is), you should be able to assess its version by typing ldd --version. This comes back with 2.23. So that looks like above 2.9..

So still worried about why the mail was received..