[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

As of this morning, both of my crashplan containers are stuck on "upgrading"

In the webgui, I see the green crashplan splashscreen that says "upgrading" and that's it. Is everyone else getting the same?

Thanks

EDIT: Never mind. After waiting for a long time, it updated and the webgui came up.

Capture19.JPG.c473a2c61d4f36fff68f4abbbc8f8efe.JPG

In the webgui, I see the green crashplan splashscreen that says "upgrading" and that's it. Is everyone else getting the same?

Thanks

EDIT: Never mind. After waiting for a long time, it updated and the webgui came up.

So update is working, right?

Enviado de meu SM-N910C usando Tapatalk

Thanks

Thanks

Yes, it did, but took a long time and I thought it had crashed

Hi,

I just reinstalled the crashplan docker because I had the black screen issue before (described a few pages back)

But now, when I try to enter the webUI I get:

"Failed to connect to server (code: 1006)"

Does anyone know how to solve this please?

Same for me.  No matter what I try I keep getting this error.  :(

I'm having an issue that I see reported by other users on this thread, but I don't see any resolution.

I'm going to have a friend host a drive for me as remote backup and want to seed the drive (external USB) with data before setting it up at his place. I connect it and mount with unassigned devices. I have the paths set correctly in the docker setup (/unassigned -> /mnt/disks/) and it seems like it is setup correctly as it sees the drive.

However, when I start the backup it runs out of space at about 4GB even though the drive has nearly 1TB free. I also can browse the drive in the terminal and don't see the folder that Crashplan has created. So it must be backing up somewhere else.

Here's where it gets weird. I removed the docker container and unmount the drive, then take a look at /mnt/disks/ again, and the folder that the drive is mounted to is still there. Then when I look in that folder, I see the folder that Crashplan created and was backing up to. If I mount the drive again then I see the first version of the folder (which I think is the physical drive). So it seems like Crashplan is behaving as if the drive isn't mounted and just writing to a regular folder instead of the drive. Like there are duplicates or something.

Any idea what's happening here and how I can fix it? Also, I assume this data is being written to the flash drive right? The UNRAID dashboard doesn't show the usage on the flash drive growing.

I'm having an issue that I see reported by other users on this thread, but I don't see any resolution.

I'm going to have a friend host a drive for me as remote backup and want to seed the drive (external USB) with data before setting it up at his place. I connect it and mount with unassigned devices. I have the paths set correctly in the docker setup (/unassigned -> /mnt/disks/) and it seems like it is setup correctly as it sees the drive.

However, when I start the backup it runs out of space at about 4GB even though the drive has nearly 1TB free. I also can browse the drive in the terminal and don't see the folder that Crashplan has created. So it must be backing up somewhere else.

Here's where it gets weird. I removed the docker container and unmount the drive, then take a look at /mnt/disks/ again, and the folder that the drive is mounted to is still there. Then when I look in that folder, I see the folder that Crashplan created and was backing up to. If I mount the drive again then I see the first version of the folder (which I think is the physical drive). So it seems like Crashplan is behaving as if the drive isn't mounted and just writing to a regular folder instead of the drive. Like there are duplicates or something.

Any idea what's happening here and how I can fix it? Also, I assume this data is being written to the flash drive right? The UNRAID dashboard doesn't show the usage on the flash drive growing.

It looks like you are backuping in the docker image and its filled up.

Can you show a screenshot of your crashplan docker settings and your crashplan application backup destination?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. I don't think it's writing to the docker image because of the folder that I see at /mnt/disks/, which isn't mapped to a drive but is just a regular folder with the Crashplan data in it.

My docker settings are attached. I need to head to work and don't have Crashplan running at the moment (I removed it while troubleshooting), but I was backing up to a folder on the USB drive (supposedly) that only showed up after mounting with unassigned devices. I browsed to it via /unassigned.

It seems like the Crashplan docker saw the mounted drive and then for some reason created a folder with the same name rather than writing to the drive itself. Not sure if it matters, but the drive is vfat.

2016-05-17_07-20-03.png.e3237d4f9a6baf35e04e971e24d62e6d.png

Hi,

I just reinstalled the crashplan docker because I had the black screen issue before (described a few pages back)

edit: don't know why, but the error is gone and everything is working again

Hi,

Funny, same thing for me.  Changed nothing.

edit: don't know why, but the error is gone and everything is working again

Looks like the Crashplan client updated to 4.7.0 for me. But now when the container restarts the Crashplan client starts a block synchronization check which can take a whole day in my case. Is this an issue with the Crashplan client or the container?

Mmm.. I have two crashplan instances running on two unraid servers.. The one on my main unraid server has updated to 4.7, the one running on the secundary backup server is giving errors trying to upgrade for  a few days..

The only difference between the two systems is that the primary server (where crashplan updated to 4.7) is running the latest unraid beta, the backup system is running the latest stable release ..

I have tried restarting the docker on the backup unraid server, but that does not make a difference.

I am running unRAID 6.1.9 on my server and Docker page shows no updates available for CrashPlan.  My CrashPlan client is still at 4.4.1.  It works fine and CrashPlan continues to backup my media files to CrashPlan Central.  It appears from reading this forum that CrashPlan updates are only available when running the unRAID 6.2 beta.  Any issues to be aware of if CrashPlan is not updated to latest?

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks!

I was in Taiwan for business when I got an email saying that Crashplan wasn't backing up.  I was aware that this was going to happen, but couldn't do anything about it.  A few days later the power went out and unRaid shutdown automatically.  After power was restored it started back up, and crashplan automatically updated and I got 4.7.  I didn't know this all happened until I got another email saying the backups were working again, imagine my surprise.

I don't think anything has every worked this perfectly for me :)

thanks for the great docker,

david

Looks like the Crashplan client updated to 4.7.0 for me. But now when the container restarts the Crashplan client starts a block synchronization check which can take a whole day in my case. Is this an issue with the Crashplan client or the container?

I'm also seeing similar behavior with 4.7.0 on unRaid 5.x. So, in my case, it has nothing to do with the container since I'm not using it. 4.7.0 seems to be performing a lot more maintenance (and more often) and can bog down my entire server. I've rechecked settings (Frequency and Versions) and nothing has changed since pre-4.7.

Unraid 6.1.9 with Crashplan docker 4.7.0 on a LAN with two windows PCs. It's stuck to "waiting for connection" like forever, for both PCs. Sometimes in the past (as in a few months ago, perhaps it was an earlier version, I didn't notice) it managed to do the backup and even then it was doing the same thing (waiting for connection) for minutes or even hours until it "woke up" and started backing up. Recently nothing, just stuck there waiting. Ridiculous, frustrating, waste of time and disk spin up for nothing. I have spent hours trying to refresh, reinstall, etc. EVERYTHING. And now I decided to post here.

Unraid 6.1.9 with Crashplan docker 4.7.0 on a LAN with two windows PCs. It's stuck to "waiting for connection" like forever, for both PCs. Sometimes in the past (as in a few months ago, perhaps it was an earlier version, I didn't notice) it managed to do the backup and even then it was doing the same thing (waiting for connection) for minutes or even hours until it "woke up" and started backing up. Recently nothing, just stuck there waiting. Ridiculous, frustrating, waste of time and disk spin up for nothing. I have spent hours trying to refresh, reinstall, etc. EVERYTHING. And now I decided to post here.

Since v4.7, I also see this behavior on occasion. I found that I can *sometimes* get it to connect if I telnet into the server and manually stop/start Crashplan (wait a couple minutes before restarting):

/usr/local/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanEngine stop

/usr/local/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanEngine start

Edit: It might be a good idea to verify that it's not performing maintenance before manually stopping it. 

Since v4.7, I also see this behavior on occasion. I found that I can *sometimes* get it to connect if I telnet into the server and manually stop/start Crashplan (wait a couple minutes before restarting):

/usr/local/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanEngine stop

/usr/local/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanEngine start

I don't have this file, I guess because I'm running it as a Docker App? I guess I'm doing the same thing by restarting the Docker Container (did it a thousand times) but it doesn't help.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I admit i was really slow getting in on the whole docker thing. But I've been running things like transmission etc in it and was like "ok that's cool. not groundbreaking, but cool".... but my 9 year old mac mini that was running crashplan died a couple days ago... and I finally started tinkering with the crashplan docker image.... all I can say is "OMG you are a freaking god!" "a docker image with a VNC server? and I can just use the entire app in a web browser?"... my mind is a little blown right now (and I realize how out of touch i am with some of the more current tech)... anyway thanks!

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me please?

I have an I5 unRAID with 12GB RAM & 12TB Of Space and am using this docker to backup online and to my HP Microserver.

I am currently just backing up to my Microserver on a 1GB LAN and get great speeds when backing up but the analyzing is killing my CPU (Java at 110% ish) and will take weeks!  The problem actually seems to be MP3 files, I am seeing that crashplan will analyse a 4GB MKV in about the same time as it takes to do an MP3? I have 50,000 MP3's and it is taking approx 45 seconds to analyze each one? can anyone tell me if this is normal or what I can do to speed this up? 

Many Thanks