# docker exec -it CrashPlan bash

root@unRAID:/# /etc/service/tigervnc/run
[...]
Sat Oct  1 17:34:27 2016
vncext:      VNC extension running!
vncext:      Listening for VNC connections on all interface(s), port 4239
vncext:      created VNC server for screen 0
XKB: Failed to compile keymap
Keyboard initialization failed. This could be a missing or incorrect setup of xkeyboard-config.

Fatal server error:
Failed to activate core devices.

root@unRAID:/# /etc/service/novnc/run
Must have netstat installed

VNC appears to be broken with the most recent update:

# docker exec -it CrashPlan bash

root@unRAID:/# /etc/service/tigervnc/run
[...]
Sat Oct  1 17:34:27 2016
vncext:      VNC extension running!
vncext:      Listening for VNC connections on all interface(s), port 4239
vncext:      created VNC server for screen 0
XKB: Failed to compile keymap
Keyboard initialization failed. This could be a missing or incorrect setup of xkeyboard-config.

Fatal server error:
Failed to activate core devices.

root@unRAID:/# /etc/service/novnc/run
Must have netstat installed

Ditto here...

EDIT: Updated fixed the issue - thanks!

Hello,

I was experiencing the same issue.

With this, you can revert to an older version:

docker run  --net=host  \
        -v /srv/Daten/dockerconfig/Crashplan:/config \
        -v /srv/DataPool/Daten:/srv/DataPool/Daten \
        -v /srv/DataPool/Backups:/data \
        -p 4242:4242 -p 4243:4243 -p 4280:4280 gfjardim/crashplan@sha256:9d8eed240da821f1dca66622442838755811b688ae4d442b8078e1ea3d3d5f03

Regards,

Hendrik

Hello,

I was experiencing the same issue.

With this, you can revert to an older version:

docker run  --net=host  \
        -v /srv/Daten/dockerconfig/Crashplan:/config \
        -v /srv/DataPool/Daten:/srv/DataPool/Daten \
        -v /srv/DataPool/Backups:/data \
        -p 4242:4242 -p 4243:4243 -p 4280:4280 gfjardim/crashplan@sha256:9d8eed240da821f1dca66622442838755811b688ae4d442b8078e1ea3d3d5f03

Regards,

Hendrik

The issue has been fixed in the last update.

Hey, does anyone know how to use the clipboard copy/paste function?  I need to paste in my very looooong encryption key and when I type it it says invalid so I must be messing it up.  I can paste the text into the clipboard text box, but when I right-click within the crashplan app I cannot select paste.

Hey, does anyone know how to use the clipboard copy/paste function?  I need to paste in my very looooong encryption key and when I type it it says invalid so I must be messing it up.  I can paste the text into the clipboard text box, but when I right-click within the crashplan app I cannot select paste.

Save your key file in a txt file and import it from there. It need to be in a location that CrashPlan can see like /appdata/crashplan/......

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk

Is it OK to increase the RAM from the default 1024 MB to 2048?

As per:

• Open the CrashPlan app
  • Double-click the CrashPlan logo in the upper-right corner
  • Enter the following command, using a value appropriate for the size of your backup selection (for example, 1536 for a 1.5 TB selection):
  • java mx 1536, restart
  • The CrashPlan app closes

http://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/4/Troubleshooting/Adjusting_CrashPlan_Settings_For_Memory_Usage_With_Large_Backups

Thanks!

Is it OK to increase the RAM from the default 1024 MB to 2048?

As per:

• Open the CrashPlan app
  • Double-click the CrashPlan logo in the upper-right corner
  • Enter the following command, using a value appropriate for the size of your backup selection (for example, 1536 for a 1.5 TB selection):
  • java mx 1536, restart
  • The CrashPlan app closes

http://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/4/Troubleshooting/Adjusting_CrashPlan_Settings_For_Memory_Usage_With_Large_Backups

Thanks!

Yes, it is, but you have to restart it from the unRAID webui.

After updating the Crashplan docker I can no longer connect to the web interface. The container logs now show the following messages being logged repeatedly every few seconds.

Fatal server error:

Could not create lock file in /tmp/.tX1-lock

Openbox-Message: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable.

Any help would be appreciated.

After updating the Crashplan docker I can no longer connect to the web interface. The container logs now show the following messages being logged repeatedly every few seconds.

Fatal server error:

Could not create lock file in /tmp/.tX1-lock

Openbox-Message: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just borked it in the last update. Just baking a new one, please try to update in 10 minutes.

I just lost a drive; For some reason it forgot a superblock or something and didn't want to mount. Stupid me formatted it in Unraid when it also detected it couldn't mount it (instead of removing it first). There goes 1 TB data.

I'm now restoring from Crash Plan, but it just informed me that I don't have enough disk space? Does crashplan copy the restore from the web to it's own Docker container first and then push it to the array? How can I make the restore happen directly to the drives?

I just lost a drive; For some reason it forgot a superblock or something and didn't want to mount. Stupid me formatted it in Unraid when it also detected it couldn't mount it (instead of removing it first). There goes 1 TB data.

Please ask next time if you aren't sure what you should do.

Format means "write an empty filesystem to this disk". That is what it has always meant in every operating system you have ever used. unRAID treats this write just like any other, by updating parity, so parity agrees you have an empty filesystem.

Warning to those using Multiple Backup Sources / Share.

v6.2 of Unraid and Crashplan not so happy...

In v6.1.9 I was able to select multiple Backup Sources, and I added 1/share.

In v6.2 the docker refused to start.

Blew away the container, added fresh, manually altered xml to include multiple backup sources as the GUI (+) option was no longer available... and the docker crashed and refused to start. 

Blew away the container, added fresh, and no problem with the initial crashplan setup with a single Backup source:  /mnt/user

This allows me in crashplan to select all the same info to backup... but it also kicked off a fresh backup.

I only send about 650 GB to the cloud, RAW pictures taking up the bulk of this space, so not a huge deal...

Thanks for keeping up with this Docker G! 

After the latest Crashplan update the Windows client will no longer connect to the backup engine even after doing the standard copy of ui.info from the client machine to the Crashplan server ID folder.  GUI connects fine.

It appears the .identity file was updated on both the Windows client and the server (they both have the same date/time stamp - 12:05 pm today) however, they are not identical.  I have not paid enough attention in the past to know if this always happens and is not an issue or if it is a problem.  For the last several Crashplan container updates all I have needed to do to get the Windows client to connect to the engine is to copy the ui.info file on the client over to the server.

EDIT: the previous Crashplan update (prior to the one downloaded and installed today) worked fine for me with both the GUI and Windows client although, apparently, the GUI was not connecting for some users.

I hate to bring up another issue, but on my chromebook the I have no control with my mouse cursor...

I can connect fine and see crashplan app, but the mouse pointer cannot click on anything...when it is on top of the app the pointer disappears...If I use regular chrome from my desktop it works fine, but not with the chrome browser on a chromebook...any ideas??

Thanks for your efforts gfjardim!

I hate to bring up another issue, but on my chromebook the I have no control with my mouse cursor...

I can connect fine and see crashplan app, but the mouse pointer cannot click on anything...when it is on top of the app the pointer disappears...If I use regular chrome from my desktop it works fine, but not with the chrome browser on a chromebook...any ideas??

this is working fine for me..

Edit:. Figured out with the issue was!

My Dell Chromebook has a touchscreen...vnc will take the inputs via touch and not my mouse pointer... So no real issue...my mistake.

Its also not working for me anymore... crashplan clients cannot connect anymore.. not only windows.. my main crashplan server can also not connect to the backupserver.. both running crashplan, on 6.2, same docker version..

Same here. Copied ui info key again, which had changed, but it still didn't work.