[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

I dont think so. How would I check this? Im pretty new to unraid

On the Dashboard near the bottom left is a line that shows how full flash / log / docker is.

Or go to Tools - Diagnostics and post complete diagnostics zip.

I got it figured out :) I deleted docker.img and added all my containers. Crashplan is working great now!

Thanks for the help!

I dont think so. How would I check this? Im pretty new to unraid

On the Dashboard near the bottom left is a line that shows how full flash / log / docker is.

Or go to Tools - Diagnostics and post complete diagnostics zip.

I got it figured out :) I deleted docker.img and added all my containers. Crashplan is working great now!

Thanks for the help!

Maybe only temporary unless you figure out how you filled it up and fix that. See the Docker FAQ sticky.
  • 2 weeks later...

Newbie here, please go easy on me.

What is the best way to backup my unraid server using crashplan? I am looking to save the configuration, VMs, appdata, basically everything unraid except the shares which I am already backing up using a different utility.

I am looking for a complete backup solution, example: if there is a fire and the hardware is all melted, what folders/data will i need to rebuild and restore my server?

The folders I see in the Crashplan UI are

Backup

Config

Core

Data

Home

Lib64

media

mnt ( This is all the disks and shares)

nobody

root

run

unassigned

Thanks for your help..

Doublecheck in settings - network if you have the correct interfaces selected.. You can just select them all..

If all else fails repeatedly press "retry" to connect... It does this with me sometimes.. In the end it always connects btw.. always..

Cheers, I did indeed retry like 20 some times and it decided to work :)

Do you use network bonding in unraid ? Maybe its ties into that somehow..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I do not, so that's not it.

In a few weeks when I upgrade my network capacity I will, if anything comes up I'll report back.

As for now, still not sure what caused it, it's been running fine even after reboots ever since it connected properly.

Do you use network bonding in unraid ? Maybe its ties into that somehow..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I do not, so that's not it.

In a few weeks when I upgrade my network capacity I will, if anything comes up I'll report back.

As for now, still not sure what caused it, it's been running fine even after reboots ever since it connected properly.

Same here...If you do not touch it in the end it will start to function again on its own also..

My appologies.. I think I misunderstood "autostart".. I thought you meant that the crahsplan docker did not auto-start..

In retrospect I see this is some kind of other package that I have no idea of what it is..

No, you were correct. For me and at least a few others in the thread, Crashplan won't autostart in the docker. It throws that error every time. However starting it manually works every time.

Add me to the list of people who the Crashplan docker will not auto start.  After a server reboot, all of my dockers come up except Crashplan which fails with the error:

ERROR: openbox-xdg-autostart requires PyXDG to be installed

Manually starting or restarting it works just fine though.  Annoying that I have to go manually start it every time the server is rebooted (so far only for UnRAID updates at least)

Just tested.. auto-starts fine...

You've already said that so you're one of the lucky ones.

Can we get the developer to chime in here or do we need to reach out on GitHub?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wanted to be sure.. I might have thought it worked when it didn't... If it the docker itself that does not start then support should be in here.. If it is crashplan itself that is nog starting to backup, then it might be crashplan and/or github...

I was wondering why you have this step for new installs in post #1 when you already have /mnt/user mapping in by default as the "Backup Source" | "unRAID Share Path"?

• Map /data (or /mnt) on the container side to /mnt on the host side.  Note that whatever path you input on the container side will be the path you access from within the CrashPlan app.

If /mnt mapping in to the container should always be included, why don't you simply have this as another default mapping just like you do for "Backup Source" | "unRAID Share Path"?

I was a bit confused why I would need to map /data (container) or /mnt (container) to /mnt (host) and how that would work. I see now that if I map /mnt (container) to /mnt (host) I simply get the entire directory tree for /mnt (host) available under /mnt (container) instead of just /mnt/user (host) mapped in to the container side.

Is there any danger to adding /mnt to the container and mapping it to /mnt (host) as I've explained above or should I always map /data (container) to /mnt (host)?

I was previously having the autostart issue, the following workaround has temporarily resolved it for me:

1. SSH into unRAID as root.

2. Determine the container ID

docker ps -aqf "name=CrashPlan"

3. This will return a string.

3a. Run the following:

docker update --restart=always containerID

Hopefully this helps someone else who is having this issue. Kudos to the developer of this great docker, hopefully we can find a more permanent solution to this annoying but minor bug.