[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

Hi,

Crashplan updated today and since then I get a black screen.. I reinstalled the docker and all is well again until I see at the top of the screen that Crashplan is updating, as soon as it autoinstalls I am back to a black screen again? Anyone else got this?

I have plenty of memory allocated, this is not the issue and cannot tell which version it has upgraded to as I just have a black screen...

I guess it updated to 6.6? it was released on 28th November which is around the time I have not been able to use it anymore...

Refreshed CrashPlan for Small Business app user interface 

November 28, 2017

Version 6.6.0 of the CrashPlan for Small Business app simplifies life for administrators and users with an overhauled user interface, which makes it even easier to manage and use CrashPlan for Small Business for backup and recovery. The release began on November 28, 2017, and the new app will automatically become available to all customers and trial users over the next few months.

See Changes to the Code42 app in version 6 for complete details, including the new and improved replace device wizard and additional resources

2 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Nobody else has this problem?

Look at log/history.log.0 in your appdata directory to see which version it upgraded to and is using.

Since this container seems deprecated, an upgrade to 6.6.0 may not work, because it brings a new UI with different dependencies...

1 hour ago, Trylo said:

Hi!

I've been using this container for months and out of blue I'm not getting the WebUI. I mean I get type in the address but I'm getting just dark screen (see screen shot attached).

How can I fix that (tried restarting container and restarting the whole system)?

You're better off switching to DJoss' version as that seems to be the solution to the black screen issue from reading here.  See the post above yours

• Like 1
On 12/13/2017 at 10:18 PM, mbc0 said:

I can confirm that switching to @Djoss container has resolved the issue, many thanks for this @Djoss

Same here, switched to Djoss' Crashplan pro container and it solved the issues. All was very well explained in the link on how to retain your existing backup (it took me approx. 4 hours to check my 4.1 TB currently backed up).

… and I also hate the "new" UI, which doesn't allow you to simply select what you want to back up. You're better off choosing that from Crashplan's website.

34 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Yes you can select the files you want to backup: Click the "Details" button for your device and then "Manage Files".

Instead of "simply" I should have written "in a simple manner". The new UI is more than unintuitive. Instead of having a nice list of all top-level folders you have selected, you are forced to navigate deep into the directory tree (instead of list of shares) under root/storage instead of seeing as a root only your list of shares.

So can you do it? Yes? Was it way simpler before? YES!

As a side note: thanks a bunch for your work on this Crashplan Pro container and many contributions here. Without all that extremely great work you do, I would have probably chosen some other mainstream solution for my NAS like a Synology, but now, with every day passing, I am happier and happier to see everything my unraid server can do! :) So Djoss, you have all my admiration and sympathy!

• Like 2

With this new interface, I cannot find any way of watching the progress? I can see the current summary but it does not show which exact file is currently being backed up and neither the current upload speed? is there no way to do this anymore? also I modified the line to change dedup to increase the backup speed on the previous verson, is this also not possible any more?  

Thanks for your work on this DJOSS

With this new interface, I cannot find any way of watching the progress? I can see the current summary but it does not show which exact file is currently being backed up and neither the current upload speed? is there no way to do this anymore? also I modified the line to change dedup to increase the backup speed on the previous verson, is this also not possible any more?  

Thanks for your work on this DJOSS
Not that I have found, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Remember, this is now "for small business" so what small business IT admin has time to sit around and watch that go by?

I don't like it much, either. :(

Sent from Tapatalk

• 4 years later...
Got an email that my machine has not synced in 5 days. When I try to log in to the web ui I get this message that never resolves.
Upgrading to a new version. You can sign in once the upgrade completes.
V8.7.1.32
Upgrade your crashplan docker. Crashplan tries to upgrade itself but that doesnt work in the unraid docker.

Should be v8.8.1 from memory. Mine had to be upgraded twice recently although the 8.8.1 I don't think changed. Crashplan was downloading the same ~20MB file hundreds of times into its /tmp directory.
  • 9 months later...

So I believe my Crashplan is saving/backing up my data correctly.  Seems to be working fine.  I am at a point now where I need to recover some data and I am struggling big time.  Here's what I am seeing:

I seem to be hard stuck here:  image.png.1557d1679ad73b8949b6c6d47e4af6af.png.  Been hours with no movement.  I logged on via a browser and Crash plan seems to be online.  Any ideas what would cause this?

14 minutes ago, Hawkins12 said:

So I believe my Crashplan is saving/backing up my data correctly.  Seems to be working fine.  I am at a point now where I need to recover some data and I am struggling big time.  Here's what I am seeing:

I seem to be hard stuck here:  image.png.1557d1679ad73b8949b6c6d47e4af6af.png.  Been hours with no movement.  I logged on via a browser and Crash plan seems to be online.  Any ideas what would cause this?

Take a look at this. Could be the same or a similar thing. Check Crashplan's log files. It creates quite a few.

Edited by Shonky
16 hours ago, Shonky said:

Take a look at this. Could be the same or a similar thing. Check Crashplan's log files. It creates quite a few.

It looks like I have issues similar to this but I'll be honest, I don't follow how to fix.  From what I read, I need to clear the cache or "grant permissions" via chmod however, I am not necessarily a programming guru and not following how to make this all happen.  What commands in the docker did you use to grant the permissions?  Any way you could spell it out for a poor newbie like myself?

Thanks in advance.  Appreciate you providing the above feedback!

59 minutes ago, Hawkins12 said:

It looks like I have issues similar to this but I'll be honest, I don't follow how to fix.  From what I read, I need to clear the cache or "grant permissions" via chmod however, I am not necessarily a programming guru and not following how to make this all happen.  What commands in the docker did you use to grant the permissions?  Any way you could spell it out for a poor newbie like myself?

Thanks in advance.  Appreciate you providing the above feedback!

Well firstly have you found the service.log.0 file and checked if it really is the same issue? Just because it's similar symptoms doesn't mean it's thae same problem.

If it's the same problem go to the Docker tab then click the Crashplan then ">_ Console". Then you should be able to just "chmod 777 /usr/local/crashplan" without quotes and restore should just start from memory.

Note that this is essentially a hack to make it work and possibly won't last if the container is restarted. The other container I use ended up getting a permanent fix.