gfjardim startup plg

hi,

i tried this plg but i got issue with it

see outcome

Last login: Tue Jun 24 12:12:41 2014 from peter-z87.lan
Linux 3.15.0-unRAID.
root@P8H67:~# docker ps
2014/06/24 12:17:26 Get http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.12/containers/json: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: no such file or directory
root@P8H67:~# docker start couchpotato
Post http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.12/containers/couchpotato/start: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: no such file or directory
2014/06/24 12:18:35 Error: failed to start one or more containers
root@P8H67:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.docker restart
stopping docker ...
docker already running
2014/06/24 12:20:15 Get http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.12/containers/json: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: no such file or directory
root@P8H67:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.docker stop
stopping docker ...
root@P8H67:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.docker start
docker already running
root@P8H67:~#
Broadcast message from root@P8H67 (Tue Jun 24 12:21:42 2014):

so i removed theplg again and things work again

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE               COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES
root@P8H67:~#

i took the plg from the github page

ALL OK now,  in the sense that it automatically started all my containers

not sure but i read somewhere that there was an extra field on the extensions / docker' s page ?

a field to put the containers you want to start automatically?

that is not there... even pushed F5 a few times to be sure it is not there

what i did is yesterday evening, just before powering down the server for the night,  i put the plg in /boot/config/plugins

and this morning let him wake with cron as usual...

and to my surprise (good surprise ;) ) all my dockers were running

so if you just would care to inform us if there is a field or not then i am happy...

i can see the advantage of that field though .... but on the other side a container is quickly made... although you would loose you settings if you delete your container ....

so i guess choose which containers you want to start is better...  (one man discussion with himself... where is that looney smiley? )

anyway autostart works

Have just installed the plugin myself - great work gfjardim. Please make sure the bods at Limetech are aware of your work so that they can incorporate it (or at least not break it) in future releases.

sacretagent - the field only shows when the docker service is stopped. Would be good if it displayed something when the service is running though.

hi

docks only update if they are set so too....

in needo's docks you can choose to add the updater or not

it all depends on how you make your docker...

I am using needo's new dockers with the update function and every time i start my couchpotato docker, he gets updated automatically

it takes about 10 minutes longer to start the docker due to that process but i don't mind

gfjardim, do we still need the docker-startup.plg if we are using your dockerMan.plg? - I'm assuming that docker-startup.plg is only starting the docker service on array start and the manager is separate. Currently have both on my system, just wanted to double check with you before i did anything else