[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

Ok, start the Owncloud using the Docker Installer Web Manager.  Now, I have 3-4 owncloud docker listed ?!  I can't remove them because I get an error when i try to do so.

My owncloud is at the finish installation.  Do you recommend using MariaDB docker as the DB for owncloud?  Will it make it faster?  Thanks.

Ok, start the Owncloud using the Docker Installer Web Manager.  Now, I have 3-4 owncloud docker listed ?!  I can't remove them because I get an error when i try to do so.

My owncloud is at the finish installation.  Do you recommend using MariaDB docker as the DB for owncloud?  Will it make it faster?  Thanks.

You must had done something wrong. Docker only allows one name to be used by a single container.

I use sqlite and it works ok. You can use MariaDB, but I have no idea if it will speedup ownCloud.

You can export your user shares with ownCloud, just map those in the webGui and set them up using the External Storage addon from ownCloud.

I just added the Docker owncloud from the list... this is what I see now :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ac97zwkcyazngee/Bug.png

I tried removing the orphans and I get an error... How to get rid of that ?

Also, on the image list :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rafy80baszfi1gb/Capture%20d%27%C3%A9cran%202014-07-24%2022.39.35.png

The first image was called owncloud before I tried deleting it... Now it say none:none !

This is the Output when I try removing Container + Image :

Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker rm -f

Usage: docker rm [OPTIONS] CONTAINER [CONTAINER...]

Remove one or more containers

-f, --force=false Force removal of running container

-l, --link=false Remove the specified link and not the underlying container

-v, --volumes=false Remove the volumes associated to the container

The command failed.

Command:

root@localhost:# docker rmi 024adab53fff

Error: Conflict, cannot delete 024adab53fff because the container 50afed79ab2f is using it, use -f to force

2014/07/24 22:47:52 Error: failed to remove one or more images

The command failed.

Any idea ?

Hi guys i have successfully installed the ownclowd docker using the plugin and so far so got however i have some questions if you could help me out with some of my doubts:

1 I want to use it ownclowd to create a user for each member of my family so they can upload their photos they all use ios devices something like icloud but inside my unraid server.

2 In order for it to work i want to be able for them to access the owncloud from outside my network i have been reading a lot but i dont know if i am missing something i have tried to open up the 80 port in my router but whenever i use the WAN ip / owncloud i get an error. I also have ddns in my router and if i try to login via xxxx.dlinkddns.com/owncloud i also get an error ... I know there has to be a way i a a newbie with unraid server stuff .

So if anyone can share some insight i will be really grateful.

Thanks

Shremi

shremi :  Me, what I did was forwarding the port 8000 in my router (this is the default port of that docker).  Also, you will need to edit the owncloud Config to add your trusted dyndns or domain name.  It is easily done.  After that, you go to the https://yourdnsname.com:8000 and you will (or they will) have the owncloud Login page.

BTW, I used the EDGE=1 and I have Owncloud 7, I never tried the regular one (maybe it's version 7 too ?).

shremi :  Me, what I did was forwarding the port 8000 in my router (this is the default port of that docker).  Also, you will need to edit the owncloud Config to add your trusted dyndns or domain name.  It is easily done.  After that, you go to the https://yourdnsname.com:8000 and you will (or they will) have the owncloud Login page.

BTW, I used the EDGE=1 and I have Owncloud 7, I never tried the regular one (maybe it's version 7 too ?).

Thanks i know the port is working because i have removed ownclowd and when i go to mydnsname.com i can access unraid over the web .

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'oc3397738543',
  'passwordsalt' => '92e26a38d52598b26b1245e7161641',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.0.119:8000',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/owncloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'sqlite3',
  'version' => '7.0.0.8',
  'installed' => true,
);

This is what my config.php looks like can you please guide me to where should i put my dns ??? lets say my dns is mark.dlinkddns.com

Thanks i know the port is working because i have removed ownclowd and when i go to mydnsname.com i can access unraid over the web .

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.0.119:8000',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'sqlite3',
  'version' => '7.0.0.8',
  'installed' => true,
);

This is what my config.php looks like can you please guide me to where should i put my dns ??? lets say my dns is mark.dlinkddns.com

Add a

1 => 'yourdnsname.com:8000 ',

After the  0 => '192.168.0.119:8000', line.

Add a

1 => 'yourdnsname.com:8000 ',

After the  0 => '192.168.0.119:8000', line.

I added the line now it looks like this

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.0.119:8000'
    1 => 'mxxxx.dlinkddns.com:8000',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'sqlite3',
  'version' => '7.0.0.8',
  'installed' => true,
);

Now the pluging wont start

There is a comma after : 0 => '192.168.0.119:8000'

Like this ????

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.0.119:8000’,
    1 => 'mxxxx.dlinkddns.com:8000',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'sqlite3',
  'version' => '7.0.0.8',
  'installed' => true,
);

With OC 7 comes a couple of interesting options we might want to start taking advatage of:

1. LDAP backend for contacts (as opposed to LDAP for auth)

Enable LDAP Backend
Enable LDAP backend for the contacts application
Warning: LDAP Backend is in beta mode, use with precautions

Splitting contacts out in this way could allow us to have a LDAP docker with all the power that brings but the front end of OC.

2. MS Word support

MS Word support (requires openOffice/libreOffice)

Local
openOffice/libreOffice is installed on this server. Path to binary is provided via preview_libreoffice_path in config.php

External
openOffice/libreOffice is installed on external server running a format filter server 

I dont know much about this yet but sounds like a prime docker candidate as well.

Hi,

first of all, great work! I installed it and it works right out of the box. I amended the config file and now I'm able to access my owncloud server from external.

I just bought me the ownCloud App for my iPad.... and it doesn't work. As soon as I enter the same address as in my browser I get the error:

Authentification with server is not possible. Do I need to have a certificate for my server to use the app? And if so how o get this/install it?

Regards,

Athu

Hi,

first of all, great work! I installed it and it works right out of the box. I amended the config file and now I'm able to access my owncloud server from external.

I just bought me the ownCloud App for my iPad.... and it doesn't work. As soon as I enter the same address as in my browser I get the error:

Authentification with server is not possible. Do I need to have a certificate for my server to use the app? And if so how o get this/install it?

Regards,

Athu

You have to import the certificate into your iPad. Assuming you're on Firefox, go to your owncloud page, then click in the locker in the address bar, then click More Info/Show Certificate/Details/Export.

Now you have a .pem certificate, you can email/Dropbox it to your iPad. Just open it in your iPad , install it and you're good to go.