[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

To anyone waiting on version 7, I am running EDGE = 0 and I just updated the docker to find its now version 7. You need to login to the web interface though and complete an update. Just an FYI.

The EDGE variable in ownCloud is a little different from that needo uses; it just updates the whole system. In fact, it's just an "apt-get upgrade". I put the EDGE value to allow users to choose if they want an auto-update or not. No experimental code is installed. The only drawback is that the startup is delayed a few seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

since yesterday I'm using this Docker. Great thing!

I have a question. right now, I installed it the default way.

I see that if owncloud is running, my Cache drive, one drive in Array and the parity drive are acessed.

Is it possible to configure this docker, that in normal mode only the cache drive is used? And the mover "back ups" it every night?

Regards

Owel

Hi Guys,

since yesterday I'm using this Docker. Great thing!

I have a question. right now, I installed it the default way.

I see that if owncloud is running, my Cache drive, one drive in Array and the parity drive are acessed.

Is it possible to configure this docker, that in normal mode only the cache drive is used? And the mover "back ups" it every night?

Regards

Owel

Is your "/path/to/your/owncloud/data" in a cached user share?

Is anyone running the owncloud docker with the mariadb docker? I am at my wits end and I cannot get the owncloud web installation to successfully execution when I select the mariadb option.  No matter what I do I get this error:

"Error

MySQL/MariaDB username and/or password not valid You need to enter either an existing account or the administrator."

I found some instructions for owncloud that says with mariadb/mysql you need to create the user and db first and I did that.. still no joy.  desperate for help at this point.  thanks.

I have installed the ownCloud docker and am able to reach the WEBUI login page.

What do I enter in the create account login area?  whatever you want the admin account to be called.

What do I enter in the Storage and Database login area?  you can use sql light or mariadb

Do I need to install the MariaDB docker as well? nope use the built in one if you want

do you mind sharing what you did?  did you use the mariadb root username and pw for owncloud?

I did use root just for testing. I wouldn't do that if it's going to be a exposed system. If it's exposed you need to create a user and make the own cloud db and give that user rights to the owncloud db

Now I have something very strange going on.  Owncloud is disabling itself.

See this from my syslog:

Aug 29 12:52:34 MEGATRON kernel: docker0: port 2(vethfabb) entered forwarding state

Aug 29 12:52:49 MEGATRON last message repeated 2 times

Aug 29 12:54:35 MEGATRON kernel: docker0: port 2(vethfabb) entered disabled state

Aug 29 12:54:35 MEGATRON kernel: device vethfabb left promiscuous mode

Aug 29 12:54:35 MEGATRON kernel: docker0: port 2(vethfabb) entered disabled state

Aug 29 13:00:51 MEGATRON php: /usr/bin/docker start ownCloud

Aug 29 13:00:51 MEGATRON kernel: netlink: 1 bytes leftover after parsing attributes in process `docker'.

Aug 29 13:00:51 MEGATRON kernel: device vetha9ac entered promiscuous mode

Aug 29 13:00:52 MEGATRON php: ownCloud

Aug 29 13:00:52 MEGATRON kernel: docker0: port 2(vetha9ac) entered forwarding state

Aug 29 13:01:07 MEGATRON last message repeated 2 times

Aug 29 13:01:26 MEGATRON kernel: docker0: port 2(vetha9ac) entered disabled state

Aug 29 13:01:26 MEGATRON kernel: device vetha9ac left promiscuous mode

Aug 29 13:01:26 MEGATRON kernel: docker0: port 2(vetha9ac) entered disabled state

Ah.. I didnt even know that function was there... here is what is says when I click exited:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker logs ownCloud
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
No SSH host key available. Generating one...
Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ED25519 key; this may take some time ...
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/config.sh...
Found pre-existing certificate, using it.
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/owncloud_7.0.2-1_all.deb (--unpack):
unable to make backup link of `./var/www/owncloud/config/config.sample.php' before installing new version: Function not implemented
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/owncloud_7.0.2-1_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
*** /etc/my_init.d/config.sh failed with status 100
*** Killing all processes...

The command finished successfully!