[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

I just noticed that mine stopped working too.

Found pre-existing certificate, using it.
E: Failed to fetch http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community/xUbuntu_14.04/./all/owncloud_7.0.2-1_all.deb Size mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
*** /etc/my_init.d/config.sh failed with status 100

Ok.  I changed the installation folder.  I made it just like all of the others.  In the appdata (cache only) directory.

Now the status is like this:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker logs ownCloud
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
No SSH host key available. Generating one...
Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ED25519 key; this may take some time ...
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/config.sh...
No pre-existing certificate found, generating a new one with subject:
/C=US/ST=NC/L=Charlotte/O=Gizzardious/OU=Creative Collaboration/CN=Gizzardious.com
Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key
.......+++
.......................................................+++
writing new private key to '/opt/server.key'
-----
server.key
server.pem

The command finished successfully!

Ok... after a few minutes of uptime the web install link started working.  Although I am back to where I was before.  Owncloud cannot log into mariadb.  I've used the IP address of unraid.. as well as the ip:3306 (mariadb port) and it still does not work.

here is the current log:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker logs ownCloud
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/config.sh...
No pre-existing certificate found, generating a new one with subject:
/C=US/ST=NC/L=Charlotte/O=Gizzardious/OU=Creative Collaboration/CN=Gizzardious.com
Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key
.......+++
.......................................................+++
writing new private key to '/opt/server.key'
-----
server.key
server.pem
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of start.
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 1420

Here is the screen I have been stuck on for a few weeks now.

Yes.

show grants for 'ocowner'@'192.168.1.79';

returns:

# Grants for [email protected]
'GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO \'ocowner\'@\'192.168.1.79\' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD \'*471xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx76\''
'GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `owncloud`.* TO \'ocowner\'@\'192.168.1.79\''

If it helps.. here is my MariaDB log:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker logs MariaDB
*** Runit started as PID 94
Creating database.
Database created. Granting access to 'root' ruser for all hosts.
Starting MariaDB...
140825 14:59:50 mysqld_safe Logging to '/db/mysql_safe.log'.
140825 14:59:51 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /db
*** Shutting down runit daemon (PID 94)...
*** Killing all processes...
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists!
140827 05:50:02 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended
*** Runit started as PID 8
Database exists.
Starting MariaDB...
140827 05:54:00 mysqld_safe Logging to '/db/mysql_safe.log'.
140827 05:54:01 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /db
*** Shutting down runit daemon (PID ...
*** Killing all processes...
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists!
140827 09:58:41 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended
*** Runit started as PID 9
Database exists.
Starting MariaDB...
140827 10:02:12 mysqld_safe Logging to '/db/mysql_safe.log'.
140827 10:02:12 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /db

Ok.  I finally got it going.  I installed xampp but I didnt need to.  I just used workbench to grant all of the privileges needed on the owncloud database to the specific owncloud user.

Thanks for all of your help.  In the end I needed to know 2 things.

1.  How to direct owncloud to my mariadb (ip address and port -- not localhost)

2.  That the problem owncloud was complaining about was that the mariadb user I specified did not have sufficient rights. 

Thanks for your help today generalz.  And of course thanks to NEEDO and GFJARDIM for creating the docker containers in the first place.

Ok.  I finally got it going.  I installed xampp but I didnt need to.  I just used workbench to grant all of the privileges needed on the owncloud database to the specific owncloud user.

Thanks for all of your help.  In the end I needed to know 2 things.

1.  How to direct owncloud to my mariadb (ip address and port -- not localhost)

2.  That the problem owncloud was complaining about was that the mariadb user I specified did not have sufficient rights. 

Thanks for your help today generalz.  And of course thanks to NEEDO and GFJARDIM for creating the docker containers in the first place.

Sorry for not help more, some kind of setups just escape my knowledge.

Thank you for posting your findings.

• 3 months later...

Just did an update on Owncloud from gfjardim's repository.  Now Owncloud won't start and I'm seeing this repeated in my logs:

[17-Dec-2014 16:08:46] ERROR: failed to load configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf'
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:46] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:47] ERROR: failed to open configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf': No such file or directory (2)
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:47] ERROR: failed to load configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf'
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:47] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:48] ERROR: failed to open configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf': No such file or directory (2)
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:48] ERROR: failed to load configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf'
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:48] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:49] ERROR: failed to open configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf': No such file or directory (2)
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:49] ERROR: failed to load configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf'
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:49] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

Anyone else having an issue?

Just did an update on Owncloud from gfjardim's repository.  Now Owncloud won't start and I'm seeing this repeated in my logs:

[17-Dec-2014 16:08:46] ERROR: failed to load configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf'
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:47] ERROR: failed to open configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf': No such file or directory (2)
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:47] ERROR: failed to load configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf'
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:48] ERROR: failed to open configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf': No such file or directory (2)
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:48] ERROR: failed to load configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf'
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:49] ERROR: failed to open configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf': No such file or directory (2)
[17-Dec-2014 16:08:49] ERROR: failed to load configuration file '/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf'

Yep, it's broken, same errors.

Yep, it's broken, same errors.

Fixed. Thanks for reporting!

Hey guys,

I'm currently running 5.0.6 and thinking about moving to 6.0b12 to take advantage of docker & in particular owncloud but I have a couple of questions..

• Is it possible to create an OwnCloud user share for the data?
  • In this thread, people were mentioning "slow sync" etc. If data is stored locally, what is there to sync?
  • Does the plugin have updated documentation on getting everything setup since the testing in this thread?
  • Is the mySQL plugin suitable for use with OC? Has anyone tested this? Is it better/worse/buggier than the alternatives?
  • I have limited linux knowledge & solid IT knowledge, how time consuming & difficult would you say everything is to setup? I don't really want to spend weeks configuring everything if I can avoid it, I just don't have much spare time right now (study/new job, etc)

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to decide if this is the right option for us. Looking for a cloud solution as an alternative to OneDrive/DropBox etc. for photos and I think OC is going to be the way to go.

Hey guys,

I'm currently running 5.0.6 and thinking about moving to 6.0b12 to take advantage of docker & in particular owncloud but I have a couple of questions..

• Is it possible to create an OwnCloud user share for the data?
  • In this thread, people were mentioning "slow sync" etc. If data is stored locally, what is there to sync?
  • Does the plugin have updated documentation on getting everything setup since the testing in this thread?
  • Is the mySQL plugin suitable for use with OC? Has anyone tested this? Is it better/worse/buggier than the alternatives?
  • I have limited linux knowledge & solid IT knowledge, how time consuming & difficult would you say everything is to setup? I don't really want to spend weeks configuring everything if I can avoid it, I just don't have much spare time right now (study/new job, etc)

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to decide if this is the right option for us. Looking for a cloud solution as an alternative to OneDrive/DropBox etc. for photos and I think OC is going to be the way to go.

1) You can use External storage for that: http://doc.owncloud.org/server/6.0/admin_manual/apps/files_external/index.html

2) They mean between the ownCloud server and the ownCloud client, that can be used to sync files between your server and your computer, like BTSync does.

3) The container is installable via the "Docker" menu in the latest 6-beta. This is outdated, but can help you with that: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33965.0

4) Yes, mySQL container is fully compatible with ownCloud. Just setup it with the external IP of your server.

5) Is easy, you can find valuable info here: http://seandion.info/unraid/unraid-dockers/

• 4 weeks later...