[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

hi everyone, i just upgraded to unraid 6 and installed owncloud using the docker. Owncloud runs but i can't access it from an external IP. I know this has sort of been covered, but I think I've done the necessary steps. I installed the owncloud docker using gfjardim repo. it is set to bridge mode, the host path is: /mnt/cache/apps/owncloud , and edge=1. so if i type in my internal IP:8000 i can use owncloud, but if i use my dynamic DNS host name it doesn't work.

i edited the config.php file in /mnt/cache/apps/owncloud/config so it looks like this:

<?php

$CONFIG = array (

'instanceid' => 'ocec4c519ce2',

'passwordsalt' => 'd540117747974c34a7f5590c6fcf31',

'trusted_domains' =>

array (

0 => 'myname.no-ip.biz',

1 => '192.168.1.100',

2 => ‘tower.local’,

),

'datadirectory' => '/var/www/owncloud/data',

'dbtype' => 'sqlite3',

'version' => '7.0.4.2',

'installed' => true,

);

so when i access 192.168.1.100:8000 i can access owncloud. for some reason tower.local:8000 still asks to add as trusted domain even though I added it above, and lastly when i use myname.no-ip.biz:8000 it says it cannot connect to the server. MY DNS service works, and port forwarding on the router are fine, because I tried just doing to UNRAID and it works, so its something within owncloud. am i editing the wrong config.php file or something? i don't get it.

please help

Trying to install and I get an error:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="ownCloud" --net="bridge" -e SUBJECT="/C=US/ST=CA/L=City/O=Organization/OU=Organization Unit/CN=yourhome.com" -e EDGE="1" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -p 8000:8000/tcp -v "/mnt/user":"/mnt/user":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/owncloud":"/var/www/owncloud/data":rw gfjardim/owncloud
Unable to find image 'gfjardim/owncloud' locally
Pulling repository gfjardim/owncloud
2015/01/31 10:17:54 Error pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/owncloud, Error storing image size in /var/lib/docker/graph/_tmp/ce0bd171b3fcb2bc2b0f4de73e20f3493d76c2e9bac1a874097a316cc4d2408e/layersize: write /var/lib/docker/graph/_tmp/ce0bd171b3fcb2bc2b0f4de73e20f3493d76c2e9bac1a874097a316cc4d2408e/layersize: no space left on device

The command failed.

Any ideas?  I am certain that drive space on my server is not a problem.

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="ownCloud" --net="bridge" -e SUBJECT="/C=US/ST=CA/L=City/O=Organization/OU=Organization Unit/CN=yourhome.com" -e EDGE="1" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -p 8000:8000/tcp -v "/mnt/user":"/mnt/user":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/owncloud":"/var/www/owncloud/data":rw gfjardim/owncloud
2015/01/31 10:17:54 Error pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/owncloud, Error storing image size in /var/lib/docker/graph/_tmp/ce0bd171b3fcb2bc2b0f4de73e20f3493d76c2e9bac1a874097a316cc4d2408e/layersize: write /var/lib/docker/graph/_tmp/ce0bd171b3fcb2bc2b0f4de73e20f3493d76c2e9bac1a874097a316cc4d2408e/layersize: no space left on device

The command failed.

You're out of space on the Docker image file.

The command failed.

Okay.  I understand now.  The Docker image file is a fixed size virtual disk.  Look like it is currently 10.0GiB and I filled it up.  Sorry, I realize I'm off-topic now but does anyone know how I can increase the size of the image file?

The command failed.

Okay.  I understand now.  The Docker image file is a fixed size virtual disk.  Look like it is currently 10.0GiB and I filled it up.  Sorry, I realize I'm off-topic now but does anyone know how I can increase the size of the image file?

Stop Docker, increase "Default image size:" then start it again.

so when i access 192.168.1.100:8000 i can access owncloud. for some reason tower.local:8000 still asks to add as trusted domain even though I added it above, and lastly when i use myname.no-ip.biz:8000 it says it cannot connect to the server. MY DNS service works, and port forwarding on the router are fine, because I tried just doing to UNRAID and it works, so its something within owncloud. am i editing the wrong config.php file or something? i don't get it.

please help

This is a network issue. Some routers do not use NAT Reflection, so you can't use your external domain from within your local network.

please help

This is a network issue. Some routers do not use NAT Reflection, so you can't use your external domain from within your local network.

Thanks so much for the reply, so I can't access it from my cell phone either (not on my wifi) and it used to work before i upgraded to the docker version...what do you think?

whenever you have to update again, can you disable ssl3?

Updated to 8.0.0 and disabled SSLv3.

When I click the button "start" to have it upgraded to 8.0 it doesn't seem to do anything and say it may take a while and to refresh that page.  If a refresh,  the page reload with the same "start" button...

Any idea?

I updated to version 8 without any hassle. After I started the web client it took a minute or so and reloaded the proper ownCloud site afterwards.

IMPORTANT: you have to activate the Contacts as well as the Calendar apps!!! Otherwise you will not see any of your data.

For me, it doesn't work.  It doesn't update.  I also modified my config to use owncloud with Apache Reverse Proxy, I don't know if it has any incidence on the upgrade.

I tried doing a docker exec -t ownCloud bash, then running ./occ upgrade, but it didn't work either, it just stuck and don't give any error at all.

The Docker Logs say that :

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker logs --tail=350 ownCloud
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/config.sh...

Current default time zone: 'America/New_York'
Local time is now: Mon Feb 9 22:03:37 EST 2015.
Universal Time is now: Tue Feb 10 03:03:37 UTC 2015.

Found pre-existing certificate, using it.
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 32

The command finished successfully!

I can't find any log except the docker run Log... For me, after I click the "start", it stay like that forever and never show any progress.  If I do a "reload", the start button reappear and I have to start it again...

58aad77034a8f_Capture_dcran_2015-02-12__19_52_45.png.7e7e5f1c875b4c4aff16baf34876263f.png

I'm clearly missing something in my installation......where do I go to upgrade OC to 8?  I've tried using the "Update" button on the Docker page in Unraid, but I get the error "Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?"

You don't have a my-ownCloud.xml file under "/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/" directory.