[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

Any chance of exporting the apps folder?

My update failed because I've added custom incons to external sites, which didnt survive the update.

After adding back the icons, everything started working again.

P.S. - there's a log file on the data folder which gets updated with every access to the server.

Used it to debug the "Internal Server Error" I received...

Any chance of exporting the apps folder?

My update failed because I've added custom incons to external sites, which didnt survive the update.

After adding back the icons, everything started working again.

P.S. - there's a log file on the data folder which gets updated with every access to the server.

Used it to debug the "Internal Server Error" I received...

I can move the App folder from /var/www/owncloud/apps to /var/www/owncloud/data/apps . Will that be enough?

Any changelog to the ownCloud docker update?

Was cron support added ?

Maybe Redis  ?  ;)

Thanks

No Redis, but got APCu working.

Auto update and cron will be addressed in the next version.

How do I implement APCu?

It's local cache, so no need to do anything.

I'm getting the notice in owncloud about not having memcache implemented.

They say to add this to the config.php: 'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APCu',

But when I run cron.php, is says that the memcache is not implemented.

Any changelog to the ownCloud docker update?

Was cron support added ?

Maybe Redis  ?  ;)

Thanks

No Redis, but got APCu working.

Auto update and cron will be addressed in the next version.

How do I implement APCu?

It's local cache, so no need to do anything.

I'm getting the notice in owncloud about not having memcache implemented.

They say to add this to the config.php: 'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APCu',

But when I run cron.php, is says that the memcache is not implemented.

My bad, will be fixed in the next version.

Hello,

im totally new to unraid and docker.

Now i tried to install the docker owncloud container.

I used the default values but when i try to connect to the owncloud installation nothing happens.

So i cannot connect to the installation

I dont know, where i can find some logs.

Can anyone help me to get this running?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I am running UnRaid 6.1.4 and i cant seem to figure out why i cant get owncloud working.

I get a successful install through the docker page but when i try to reach owncloud webgui by MyTowersIP:8000 i get an unable to connect error. Please help...

From what i can see it created a directory in my cache owncloud with a config folder and a couple of files dhparam.pem, server.key and server.pem

Where can i find the logs to post?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gfjardim,

I was able to update in app to 8.2.1, but it seems versions.php (/var/www/owncloud/version.php) isn't kept persistent and if the docker restarts OwnCloud thinks you have downgraded back to the base docker install of 8.1.4.  Any thoughts?

Was this confirmed as an issue?

Hey gfjardim,

I was able to update in app to 8.2.1, but it seems versions.php (/var/www/owncloud/version.php) isn't kept persistent and if the docker restarts OwnCloud thinks you have downgraded back to the base docker install of 8.1.4.  Any thoughts?

I upgraded to 8.2.1 and don't have this problem.

Hey gfjardim,

Are you local instance (to the docker) of SQL or networked?

@gfjardim

First, I would like to thank you for the work you've put into making and supporting this docker.

Following the advice contained in this 30 page thread, I was able to get owncloud up and running with needo/mariadb.  However, in order to make owncloud accessible from the internet, I had to edit config.php inside the running container at /var/www/owncloud/config.

I was wondering whether my edits to config.php will survive the next time you update the container? Seems to me that they will be overwritten. If so, do you recommend mapping /var/www/owncloud/config to somewhere on the cache drive?

Update:  I see that config.php was copied to the directory that I mapped for owncloud's data. I guess I should have edited that copy instead of editing the version in the container.

Hey gfjardim,

Hi.

I've got almost the same problem.

I've upgraded my ownCloud installation via the web interface autoupdate.

Due to my docker image filling up, I've deleted it and started downloading my containers again.

Now I'm getting the same error message, probably due to a mismatch between the downloaded version and the files persistant in my appdata folder...

Any advice?

@gfjardim

First, I would like to thank you for the work you've put into making and supporting this docker.

Following the advice contained in this 30 page thread, I was able to get owncloud up and running with needo/mariadb.  However, in order to make owncloud accessible from the internet, I had to edit config.php inside the running container at /var/www/owncloud/config.

I was wondering whether my edits to config.php will survive the next time you update the container? Seems to me that they will be overwritten. If so, do you recommend mapping /var/www/owncloud/config to somewhere on the cache drive?

Update:  I see that config.php was copied to the directory that I mapped for owncloud's data. I guess I should have edited that copy instead of editing the version in the container.

AFAIK, it is the same file you're editing.

The mapping of the docker container redirects the folder...