[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

Thanks, your reply was helpful.

I had to set the user given access to the owncloud database owncloud@% instead of owncloud@localhost or owncloud@IPADDRESS

2 things possibly..

Try the IP address instead of localhost in the owncloud login.

And depending on the error after that, you could replace 'localhost' during the DB/user creation process with '%' instead.

- NinthWalker

I get error while setting up linuxserver/mariadb in the 'create admin account' page for owncloud.

The error is:

Error

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'owncloud'@'172.17.42.1' (using password: YES)

But the tower IP is 192.168.1.101. Not sure where 172.17.42.1 comes from.

The database 'owncloud' is present in MariaDB, and user 'owncloud' with permissions.

Posting in linuxserver/MariaDB thread got the feedback that it's likely my ignorance of knowing how to setup owncloud. Can I please get help? Thanks.

I get error while setting up linuxserver/mariadb in the 'create admin account' page for owncloud.

The error is:

Error

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'owncloud'@'172.17.42.1' (using password: YES)

But the tower IP is 192.168.1.101. Not sure where 172.17.42.1 comes from.

The database 'owncloud' is present in MariaDB, and user 'owncloud' with permissions.

Posting in linuxserver/MariaDB thread got the feedback that it's likely my ignorance of knowing how to setup owncloud. Can I please get help? Thanks.

Now we've established at what point the error occured (I thought you had setup the database incorrectly) The error points to a config problem

This may be a manifestation of the binlog error I mentioned before... tbh I can't remember how it presents...  ???

Now we've established at what point the error occured (I thought you had setup the database incorrectly) The error points to a config problem

This may be a manifestation of the binlog error I mentioned before... tbh I can't remember how it presents...  ???

Can the permission be verified?

MariaDB [(none)]> show grants for 'owncloud'@'localhost';

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Grants for owncloud@localhost                                                                                  |

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'owncloud'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*******************************************' |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `owncloud`.* TO 'owncloud'@'localhost'                                                  |

2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Can the permission be verified?

MariaDB [(none)]> show grants for 'owncloud'@'localhost';

| Grants for owncloud@localhost                                                                                  |

| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'owncloud'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*******************************************' |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `owncloud`.* TO 'owncloud'@'localhost'                                                  |

2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

It's no good setting privileges on localhost as to all intents and purposes it's not running on localhost as it's in a separate docker container.  localhost would be suitable if they were both running in the same container.

It's no good setting privileges on localhost as to all intents and purposes it's not running on localhost as it's in a separate docker container.  localhost would be suitable if they were both running in the same container.

I change from localhost to IP. I see the newly granted permissions. Still no luck.

I can safely connect to the database using "mysql -u owncloud -p -t owncloud". It prompts for password and I can log in without any issues.

I've to admit though, that once (only once) I got past this stage and got to the 'binlog' issue. I fixed 'my.conf' and got back to redo the step and never got beyond the original issue of database connection. I restarted both DB and OC few times though.

Inside SQL, try changing the owncloud user from owncloud@localhost to owncloud@%

I was getting the same type of error you are, and this solved my issue. Using % allows connections from any host.

I change from localhost to IP. I see the newly granted permissions. Still no luck.

I can safely connect to the database using "mysql -u owncloud -p -t owncloud". It prompts for password and I can log in without any issues.

I've to admit though, that once (only once) I got past this stage and got to the 'binlog' issue. I fixed 'my.conf' and got back to redo the step and never got beyond the original issue of database connection. I restarted both DB and OC few times though.

Inside SQL, try changing the owncloud user from owncloud@localhost to owncloud@%

I was getting the same type of error you are, and this solved my issue. Using % allows connections from any host.

I tried that already without luck :-(. After running and update SQL statement, I verified the contents of mysql.user. Even tried having both '%' and IP for the same user, no luck yet.

Hello to all. I can't get Owncloud working. I have reinstalled id several time because I was trying to add my StartSSL certificate, but now in the app folder I have only server.key and .pem files. Nothing else. I've tried changing the default folder but it still only create these two files. Log files show this:

No pre-existing certificate found, generating a new one with subject:

/C=US/ST=CA/L=City/O=Organization/OU=Organization Unit/CN=yourhome.com

fix_config.php

server.key

server.pem

Creating DH Parameters File.

What can I do?

Thank you.

I've recently installed owncloud on my unraid server. I want to access my owncloud folder by the web UI but also as a network share. But there is a problem. I haven't got the permission to create folders or upload files to this data folder by using a network share. I can only write files through the web UI. Is there any way to change this?

Thank you

Hello to all. I can't get Owncloud working. I have reinstalled id several time because I was trying to add my StartSSL certificate, but now in the app folder I have only server.key and .pem files. Nothing else. I've tried changing the default folder but it still only create these two files. Log files show this:

fix_config.php

server.key

server.pem

What can I do?

Thank you.

What you need is to stop the container, replace the created server.key and server.pem with those provided by StartSSL(renaming them to server.key and server.pem of course), then start the container again.

fix_config.php

server.key

server.pem

What can I do?

Thank you.

What you need is to stop the container, replace the created server.key and server.pem with those provided by StartSSL(renaming them to server.key and server.pem of course), then start the container again.

It is what I have been doing for the last couple of hours, but after replacing the key and pem files, the webui stop working. It start working again if I delete the StartSSL certificate and let the container recreate the self-signed certificate.

I could use some help with port forwarding..

I have onwCloud installed and configured with MariaDB. I can access it within LAN no problem. I have double NAT (cable modem => vonage router => my network router).

Forwarding port 80 in vonage router => network router => Tower works and I get the webGUI from outside of LAN.

But when I forward port vonage:80 => network router:80 => Tower:8000, and vonage:443 => network:443 => Tower:443, and when accessing from outside LAN with URL - http://domain.duckdns.org results in URL being resolved to https://domain.duckdns.org:8000 but errors as ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

Any thoughts? I was going to remove the double NAT and put vonage in DMZ, but since port 80 forward works, I thought double NAT may not be the issue.

fix_config.php

server.key

server.pem

What can I do?

Thank you.

It is what I have been doing for the last couple of hours, but after replacing the key and pem files, the webui stop working. It start working again if I delete the StartSSL certificate and let the container recreate the self-signed certificate.

I'll try myself.

I need some help.

I was using one of the other owncloud docker containers before but i like the one by gfjardim as it allows me to seperate the appdata and the userdata.  The problem i am having is that i have scripts and process that drop files in the file system.  Owncloud isnt picking them up.  I the other contain i would just execute the following command

sudo -u www-data php occ  files:scan --all

The issue is sudo isnt installed in the container and if i install it the command will just vanish with the next update.  the problem is the command needs to be executed by the owner of the config.php

the other option was crontab but it isnt installed either.

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/7.0/admin_manual/configuration/background_jobs_configuration.html

also how do i enable https?

I've the same problem, too

I need some help.

I was using one of the other owncloud docker containers before but i like the one by gfjardim as it allows me to seperate the appdata and the userdata.  The problem i am having is that i have scripts and process that drop files in the file system.  Owncloud isnt picking them up.  I the other contain i would just execute the following command

The issue is sudo isnt installed in the container and if i install it the command will just vanish with the next update.  the problem is the command needs to be executed by the owner of the config.php

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/7.0/admin_manual/configuration/background_jobs_configuration.html

After upgrading my network, owncloud keeps tell me

"You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.

Please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator of this instance, configure the "trusted_domain" setting in config/config.php. An example configuration is provided in config/config.sample.php.

Depending on your configuration, as an administrator you might also be able to use the button below to trust this domain."

When I select add as trusted, page changes reflecting the old ip address. How do I change the ip address to reflect the new address?

I need some help.

HTTPS is enforced on port 8000 and HTTP on port 8001.

The cron job is already installed:

root@9f74932cb573:/# ps ax

PID TTY      STAT  TIME COMMAND

1 ?        Ss    0:00 /usr/bin/python3 -u /sbin/my_init

19 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/runsvdir -P /etc/service

20 ?        Ss    0:00 runsv cron

21 ?        Ss    0:00 runsv syslog-forwarder

22 ?        Ss    0:00 runsv nginx

23 ?        Ss    0:00 runsv owncloud

24 ?        Ss    0:00 runsv php-fpm

25 ?        S      0:00 nginx: master process /usr/sbin/nginx -c /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

26 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/cron -f

27 ?        Ss    0:02 php-fpm: master process (/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf)                   

28 ?        S      0:00 tail -F -n 0 /var/log/syslog

29 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process                 

30 ?        S      0:03 nginx: worker process                 

31 ?        S      0:03 nginx: worker process                 

32 ?        S      0:03 nginx: worker process                 

33 ?        S      0:00 php-fpm: pool www                                                     

34 ?        S      0:00 php-fpm: pool www                                                     

35 ?        S      0:00 php-fpm: pool www                                                     

1018 ?        Ss    0:00 /bin/bash

1039 ?        R+    0:00 ps ax

root@9f74932cb573:/# crontab -l -u nobody

*/15 * * * * /usr/bin/php -f /var/www/owncloud/cron.php >/dev/null 2>&1

Hi,

Running unRaid ver. 6.1.8 with ownCloud docker latest, and I left all default settings except changed volume mapping on host to /mnt/user/ownCloud

Install goes fine, however I cannot access the WebUI of docker. Anytime I try to access IP:8000 I get a "This webpage is not available ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Anybody else have this issue? I've also tried changing port mappings and still nothing.

EDIT: Well I seem to have just solved my own issue by waiting. After about 15mins the webpage worked! No idea why but just happy it works now.

I need some help.

HTTPS is enforced on port 8000 and HTTP on port 8001.

The cron job is already installed:

root@9f74932cb573:/# ps ax

PID TTY      STAT  TIME COMMAND

1 ?        Ss    0:00 /usr/bin/python3 -u /sbin/my_init

19 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/runsvdir -P /etc/service

20 ?        Ss    0:00 runsv cron

21 ?        Ss    0:00 runsv syslog-forwarder

22 ?        Ss    0:00 runsv nginx

23 ?        Ss    0:00 runsv owncloud

24 ?        Ss    0:00 runsv php-fpm

25 ?        S      0:00 nginx: master process /usr/sbin/nginx -c /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

26 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/cron -f

27 ?        Ss    0:02 php-fpm: master process (/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf)                   

28 ?        S      0:00 tail -F -n 0 /var/log/syslog

29 ?        S      0:00 nginx: worker process                 

30 ?        S      0:03 nginx: worker process                 

31 ?        S      0:03 nginx: worker process                 

32 ?        S      0:03 nginx: worker process                 

33 ?        S      0:00 php-fpm: pool www                                                     

34 ?        S      0:00 php-fpm: pool www                                                     

35 ?        S      0:00 php-fpm: pool www                                                     

1018 ?        Ss    0:00 /bin/bash

1039 ?        R+    0:00 ps ax

root@9f74932cb573:/# crontab -l -u nobody

*/15 * * * * /usr/bin/php -f /var/www/owncloud/cron.php >/dev/null 2>&1

I made a mistake i was using the Bungy owncloud as it allowed me to map the config to one share the apps to another and the user data to a third.

Container Volume

host path

/var/www/html/apps

/mnt/cache/appdata/owncloud/apps

/var/www/html/config

/mnt/cache/appdata/owncloud/config

/var/www/html/data

/mnt/cache/appdata/owncloud/data